PuG PvP Proven Pointless Pass it for Pros

Shrug

Its obvious that PuG PvP is pointless and nothing but a grind of boredom that becomes excruciating mentally painful... Dailies in a warzone where 75% of the team aint even playing to win..

Its obvious now, there is no point to it. It's fun for the first 100 games or so, but seriously, i can play hutball right now in a blind pug match, or go get a root canal, and i'm going to the dentist! At least I'll get some end result!

Why not make the game, for those that care and for those that wish to play, as opposed to a daily task in a quest for gear? I am pretty sure we don't queue up hutball for a mindless run around hack 'n slash. We play to play the game... You can leave it as is for the casual, that would be fine. Have those that wish to play around or grind to get theyre gear.. But for the love of gaming, give this Star Wars Game, that has no universal point... some GAME.. some focus, something...

Please add competitive guild ranked Warzones, where nothing more than WINS matter... Where teams will be playing as teams, and communities will grow, and so forth.

I mean seriously, as of now what team game is played where a player would chose to do what he wnats, and not suffer consequences... Imagine baseball where the center fielder decides he don't want to throw the ball to 2nd base, he rather try and throw out the guy at 1st base... He would be benched, can't do that here.. and no leader gets any love telling another player how to play.. on the internet that = FAIL... With no tools to thump the player like we did in muds 15 years ago.. they get out of line and act like the pissants they are.

I watch as one kid bashes a tank for about 6 minutes in hutball.. He got 400k dps, and 3 mvp votes, and did nothing for the team... When told to quit bashing the tank.. you get the troll response, "ill do what i want with my game".. blah blah blah.. As I bash my head into nails to remove the pain as i have to grind out 3 more wins of this ********, as these idiots waste my time..

Again, Its obvious.. It don't work... Its hard to get people into your guild to form a Warzone team... People can care less because there is no agenda to the battles, other than getting gear.

We need reasons to play... We need teamwork, we would love to engage in strategic battles, and watch a game evolve.... As of now, i rather chew my fungus ridden dirty toenails ..

Do something, because another week of this, and I see my guild of 120 dropping to 10, already seeing them bored, and trying to justify why they are still playing..

The game is suppose to be fun.. not a daily headache..... Insert the FUN already..... if winning means NOTHING, there is no point in winning.. hence whey these kids don't even try.

I would like to know how many WZ i have done.

likely well over 100.

I agree with the strategic element.

Tie the games together to mean something.

Even a hutball quest of some kind.

Having hutball teams and matches and a news report of how a team is doing with a record of the game replayable.

But this is a themepark. Each of these things is its own ride. No connections from ride to ride.

It will have to evolve into a real game.

OR you could treat battlegrounds like the pvp popcorn they are. This is a PvE game through and through with PVP as a fun distraction.

agreed its just a silly mindless game, granted the storys are ok, but after that its just pve. You cant get MMO's to do pvp these days, that is I think why GW2 is creating syuch a buzz. Because they have deliberately done away with wow an rift farming, an gone back to Asherons Call an DAOC as their template, as MMO's should.

OR you could treat battlegrounds like the pvp popcorn they are. This is a PvE game through and through with PVP as a fun distraction.

That's nice, can we go back to talking about Warzones now, thanks.

And my point exactly, too many people like you who don't care, and come in to waste my time.... So, exactly why we need to REMOVE PUG PVP and restore it with Guild Games only

Edited by Shrug

Troll wants everyone to see he is observant.

PVP in this game is bad the only reason you want it compititeve is because you're most likely bad at all pvp games WoW LoL sc2 etc. Oh and guild only groups for a game that has no support for guilds? GOOD IDEA PLZ SHARE MOAR.

That's nice, can we go back to talking about Warzones now, thanks.

And my point exactly, too many people like you who don't care, and come in to waste my time.... So, exactly why we need to REMOVE PUG PVP and restore it with Guild Games only

You want to completely remove the pvp that most people do and replace it with premade pvp only? Really? Why not just create premade pvp brackets with prettier shinies and slightly faster gear gain, then let you guys have at it while those of us who do enjoy pugging enjoy premade-free queues?

I love pug games, it's fast, and when we're not constantly up against premades, it's fun. At least pre-50. I don't know about the 50s bracket yet, so I can't say it won't change, but right now, except for those pesky premade days, I'm having a blast. And teams often will pull together and work surprisingly well with each other. Again, assuming the other side isn't a premade that completely crushes us into the dirt.

Does the OPer realize that without those people that do join pug WZ's are what really keep it going? There is a reason there isn't a pre-made only type setup. You will wait alot longer to get 2 pre-made teams then the complaint will be pvp (insert WZ) for pvp is dead.

You can't win with this. It's just like removing 50's from WZ's in their own bracket, now that the 50's are gone the 49's are the dominate level. All it did was take away from the pool making wait times longer.

With that I pug WZ's all the time and sometimes it just flows with teamwork and other times it's a mess. Constantly reducing the pool will do nothing except extend your wait.

Does the OPer realize that without those people that do join pug WZ's are what really keep it going? There is a reason there isn't a pre-made only type setup. You will wait alot longer to get 2 pre-made teams then the complaint will be pvp (insert WZ) for pvp is dead.

You can't win with this. It's just like removing 50's from WZ's in their own bracket, now that the 50's are gone the 49's are the dominate level. All it did was take away from the pool making wait times longer.

With that I pug WZ's all the time and sometimes it just flows with teamwork and other times it's a mess. Constantly reducing the pool will do nothing except extend your wait.

level was never an issue. skills available at 50 comapared to rest was never the issue either.

level 50 GEAR with stacked expertise was the key issue and unless resolved will not cure the problems of the entry level 50s vs veteran 50s expertise disparity.

what the bracketing did acheieve is concentrate on the QQ tears about expertise disparity flowing only from the 50s bracket while the fun 1-49 bracket is having a ball. i heard people wanting ability to STOP GAINING EXPERIENCE so they can lock themselves at 49 and never have to deal with expertise disparity issues of the 50s bracket :)

I am playing a level 15 right now.. you think its a ball playing against level 40's i think 46 has expertise.. It's pretty stupid, why not level 10-25, 25-40... Segregation was NOT the solution to Hutball and its success. I never had an issue with 12 playing 50's its obvious im going to die playing 50's..

Now all level 50 matches are a waste of time cuz the server can't handle all the fight spam...As everyone is maxed out... something NEVER tested...

Ever have a brand new 50 yet, and now guaranteed to fight fully geared 50's cuz now for sure no 40's are out there?

Guess what, Any reply to the above is pointless, You're whole aspect of what makes hutball a game is null and void now by your own admissions. You think its the zerg of hutball queue's of random PUGs is what makes it fun? And what keeps it going? Again, exactly why they need to add winning... To remove this completely absurd mindframe of echange time game for game credits... You are not good, you do not deserve rewards, play the game or get lost.. We don't need you in here bashing on a 6 year old kid who got caught in the corner away from the objectives of the game...

As seen here in this thread of non gamer replies, we watch the very reason why MMORPG's get stupider and stupider, because these non gamers, who want to game, but not play the game correctly, get rewards for simply showing up... Gimme a break... Game releasers (obviously there are no more game develoeprs) need to wake up and realize catering to these overvoiced ridiculous non gamer requests are why they have 50,000 ravaging lunatics telliing them their game sucks.. They ravage because they look for the solutions, they think RvR is a solution, they think adding a 3rd faction is a solution... The solutions are SIMPLE..

The games need a point and a statistical reason to play... Not wasting time running in circles knifing each other for ***** n giggles, No pro sport would ever succeed doing this.. Why do think that video games would?

PVP in this game is bad the only reason you want it compititeve is because you're most likely bad at all pvp games WoW LoL sc2 etc. Oh and guild only groups for a game that has no support for guilds? GOOD IDEA PLZ SHARE MOAR.

Seriously? I mean seriously, i hope your just looking to troll cuz this is the big nonsense I have heard... What is your point again?

Yes guild groups, so guilds have something to do, other than share exploits.. Being in the public eye is good recourse for exploiting guilds.. if they get busted cheating.. their name is tarnished forever, guess what, competitve play, adds honor, and discipline, and less trolling... something you obviously cant go a day without doing..

Here, i'll feed your your ********... Suck on these, 5000 more to follow

http://photobucket.com/zigzags-tor-scoreboards

Yeah i suck, i just happened to double DPS the entire game of players... I suck BAD!!

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc447/Sunder-ZigZag/hutballbestgameever.png?t=1326860580

Edited by Shrug

You want to completely remove the pvp that most people do and replace it with premade pvp only? Really? Why not just create premade pvp brackets with prettier shinies and slightly faster gear gain, then let you guys have at it while those of us who do enjoy pugging enjoy premade-free queues?

I love pug games, it's fast, and when we're not constantly up against premades, it's fun. At least pre-50. I don't know about the 50s bracket yet, so I can't say it won't change, but right now, except for those pesky premade days, I'm having a blast. And teams often will pull together and work surprisingly well with each other. Again, assuming the other side isn't a premade that completely crushes us into the dirt.

If you read my post, i said its fine to leave it, but it needs to be addressed... Seperate guilds from pug play is fine... However, the game is over if remains the same... There is no reason to currently play the game other than to unlock gear, (which why do you want gear, there's no reason to have it?!?!) , so no point in continuing to develop PvP without a strategic asset for those to unite.

Why do you play Tic Tac Toe? Why do you play chess? Why do you play anything.. To win.. So why do you have a problem with them making changes to allow others to enjoy this fact?

So why does 75% of all players NOT play to win here?!?! Because they choose not to use their brains.... So why reward them? Same player base that rants.. GIMME GIMME GIMME and destroys everything... no point in the game period.. might as well turn off the lights and play at home in the dark alone... Seems all you want to do is play a single player game your way, but somehow influence us online players how you want your single player game... makes no sense to mankind whatsoever

I second this post.

I once managed to basically open all the doors with my low level Scoundrel in a game of Dark Void, when everybody else was just Zerging.

While I really suck at PvP (1on1), the difference was, that I tried to play to win the game while nobody else did. I stood back, ignored the zerging and picked my moment to leave invisibility and open the doors.

I know, that is a valid tactic used by experience teams also to have one stealth guy do this work, but the frustrating part was, that as I had not done much damage, kills or healing, I basically got no Rewards for this WZ (other than bringing home my daily).

I didnt even get any MVPs from the others, because frankly, no one even noticed that it was me opening these doors and its not really apparent on the WZ statistics.

As everybody beside me got loads of Medals, Creds and Experience for it and I came out at the bottom of the list this was a very frustrating experience, and my motivation to play PvP has really taken a blow that day.

Winning for me is earning more valor. Now you may think I'm selfish etc. I'm specced specifically for huttball, I'm always the first to the ball cause I have improved predation and there is nothing faster than an improved pred marauder to the ball, and if the enemy team is bad, or if I get the right support, I will score till 5-0, then I'll farm cause queues are long so a 700 valor game is NOT a good idea, and if you claim otherwise then you either playing a different game, you have instaqueues or you only pvp for the daily.

If I dont get the right support, don't expect from me to ever touch the ball, you pass me the ball, I reset it or pass it to the enemy for defender medal. There are many frustrations when pugging, and I won't play the objective when my team is full of idiots. I know how to tell good players from bad and who is playing the objective or not, and it's kinda easy if you are following the metagames. For example, the moment you see a sorc trying to solo people or spamming aoes without any real reason other to buff his damage done, you know that he either is a bad player, or he doesnt give a **** about the game. It's a class with so much control that doesnt play on his strengths before the game is decided. If he doesnt do that, why should I care? I don't even care about winning as long as losing will give me more valor. If we are 4-0 then he should do whatever he pleases. Same with operatives that camp the enemy healing items. A class with such ****** mobility is completely useless there. They still have aoe stun and can stun people in the fire, along with killing healers fast. They are still useful but decide to not do it cause soloing people is more fun. Or a marauder that rushes to the expertise buff without giving predation for his ballcarrier. The expertise buff will most likely get wasted on a class that gets knocked and pushed all the time and he failed to give predation so that his team has more chances to get the ball.

You may think that my reasoning is convinient etc, but people that invite me to play with them, do so because I bring something to the table and not because I'm good at excuses.

Now all these could be avoided if bioware had implemented a better system but that's no easy task, epsecially when they fall short on more obvious things.

Edited by gtdead