SWTOR has "Failed" ~ Just looking for evidence.

Umbrex

I know right!

/sarcasm off

What else could it be? I mean you are really giving us alot of proof in your counter argument oh wait you dont have one....

It could be that businesses go from a timetable, that EA is going to be ending their 3rd Q soon.

Maybe.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen quite a few people say how "SWTOR is failing" or something along those lines.

Just wondering where they are getting the "evidence" behind these claims.

I don't understand how anyone can take those people seriously when Bioware doesn't release subscriptions numbers...and almost all of the player-tracking tools are very far from accurate.

I'm just baffled that this many people can confidently write a post saying "Well its obvious SWTOR is a failure"

*Shakes head*

Did I miss some news article that release subscription numbers of people on their second month compared to the number of people that purchased the game?

OK the SWTOR has failed comments are comming out of the fact that when the game released, ALL of the servers were full...now..it's a ghost town...especially on republic side..On a good day at prime time Garadda the Hut has like 35 rebellions players in the fleet...

The lack of bug fixes and the TONS of missing features (guild bank, well designed auction house system, working /who system, a chat system which didn't automaticlally default to the general channel, right click invite from guild list...I can't go on I'm getting depressed) ...and the continually dwindiling server populations as a result...SWTOR was released a year too early and as a result it will NEVER gain the popularity it could have.

I personally started playing SWTOR with a group of 10 people, Two of us are left...the rest have moved on, if the missing features and bug ridden gameplay aren't addressed two...I'm gone too.

OK the SWTOR has failed comments are comming out of the fact that when the game released, ALL of the servers were full...now..it's a ghost town...especially on republic side..On a good day at prime time Garadda the Hut has like 35 rebellions players in the fleet...

My server always has 50+ people in the fleets when I'm on.

Usually 75+

The lack of bug fixes and the TONS of missing features (guild bank, well designed auction house system, working /who system, a chat system which didn't automaticlally default to the general channel, right click invite from guild list...I can't go on I'm getting depressed) ...and the continually dwindiling server populations as a result...SWTOR was released a year too early and as a result it will NEVER gain the popularity it could have.

I personally started playing SWTOR with a group of 10 people, Two of us are left...the rest have moved on, if the missing features and bug ridden gameplay aren't addressed two...I'm gone too.

Looking at the server status now five servers are light twelve servers are standard the rest are heavy or full...so much for Ghost Town.

:rolleyes:

And like I said, that's proof of exactly nothing.

How is that "proof of exactly nothing?" It's like current debate about that Mitt Romney guy who wont release his tax returns to the public. You and him are on the same boat nice logic. Oh yeah 5% drop in EA share prices linked to Swtor is also proof.

How is that "proof of exactly nothing?" It's like current debate about that Mitt Romney guy who wont release his tax returns to the public. You and him are on the same boat nice logic. Oh yeah 5% drop in EA share prices linked to Swtor is also proof.

I've noticed that you've entirely ignored people who have posted plausible reasons they might not have posted any numbers. You're like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who extrapolates what he wants to believe from inconclusive evidence, and proclaims it as proof, and ignores everyone who pokes holes in it.

Yes.

Light is <500 people

Standard is 500 - 1000 people

Heavy is 1000-1500 people

Very heavy is 1500-2000 people

and full = 2000+

thats not true . . .

i did a /who earlier on my server which was stated as standard and it had 1200+ people on it

the population has nothign do do with teh fact that some poeple were off school or work due to winter breaks. now that school and work picking back up alot of poeple are busy and can not play as much. this means they subbed still just busy.

thing like the who system does work, it just does not work how ,you, want it thats all. personal taste. i'm in game right now and can prove it does work.current fleet pop 225 , server is shadow hand.

Ahem.....http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/20/the-force-is-with-swtor-ea-stock-bounces-back-budget-revealed/

I've noticed that you've entirely ignored people who have posted plausible reasons they might not have posted any numbers. You're like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who extrapolates what he wants to believe from inconclusive evidence, and proclaims it as proof, and ignores everyone who pokes holes in it.

Unfortunately I never read the most of the pages but if you could some how summarize all your so called proof I'll be glad to counter argue each of them.

And you have ignored my points because I've yet to see any sort of logical argument why it wouldnt be as I said.

Edited by Deshie

People from Bioware have flat out stated. They are experiencing steady growth. Of course the doomsayers are going to scream "liar".

Because they would show us proof it was "steadly growing" but they dont. I can say that I'm NASA pilot will you believe me? Sheeple these days.

thats not true . . .

i did a /who earlier on my server which was stated as standard and it had 1200+ people on it

That just can't be true because it would imply that they have actually upped the server cap limits since the first week. And we all know that's an impossibility seeing how people on these forums said as much.

Unfortunately I never read the most of the pages but if you could some how summarize all your so called proof I'll be glad to counter argue each of them.

And you have ignored my points because I've yet to see any sort of logical argument why it wouldnt be as I said.

You haven't had any points to ignore. Just an assumption based on a lack of information.

If you'd bothered to read the thread you're arguing in, a couple of people have pointed out we're a couple days away from EA's 3rd quarter call, which is the sort of place they'd reveal that sort of information. They're not obligated to keep the player community updated with a constant running tally of subscriptions.

Successful troll thread is successful

/cannibal troll

Naw, but seriously.

I like reading these threads on pure entertainment value.

Btw, Companies have no obligation to prove their success.

Everyone on these forums just wants to be the guy who is smarter than the professional game studio, I know better than them because I am far more intelligent.

It's like the people in general chat who always want to be the guy who makes the funny witty quip, and ends up looking like a jerk.

Overall, my point with this thread was to highlight the fact that no one has any proof on either side. If anything, SWTOR has been one of the most successful MMO launches in history. There's not another MMO that has had a release this strong.

The trolls and doomsday kids are just hardcore people who are sad that every single piece of the game isn't designed around them (WoW, who just redirected their focus to the casuals with a concentrated nuclear warhead).

As for me, *Grabs popcorn* I'll just enjoy the show, and enjoy playing SWTOR :)

Edited by Umbrex

LOL - funny stuff. I guess you don't trade much.

What debate?? He released them about a week ago.

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/24/145759503/romney-releases-his-tax-returns

Because they would show us proof it was "steadly growing" but they dont. I can say that I'm NASA pilot will you believe me? Sheeple these days.

First off who says sheeple anymore really? :rolleyes:

Secondly what proof do you want silly? They will give hard subscriber numbers Feb 1st...then you can call them liars.

We aren't shareholders. They don't need to tell us anything. Rest assured though that Bioware will have to give all the details in a few months.

I personally can't wait. When they finally confirm the game has at least 1.5 million subs people will stop the pointless speculation