Please make tank stats work in PVP

Zooce

Well, maybe it doesn't need to be changed but so far I'm not regretting buying damage gear with my Champion tokens. Personally I'd rather have average defense with good damage than good defenses and poor damage. Plus damage gear works in tank stance/build but tank gear doesn't work in damage stance/build. Edited by MorgonKara

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe it doesn't need to be changed but so far I'm not regretting buying damage gear with my Champion tokens. Personally I'd rather have average defense with good damage than good defenses and poor damage.

I think it's mostly a playstyle decision. For me, always rolling with premades, the tank option is amazing. If I queue solo during off hours, I do way worse. It's definitely an awesome part of a team, played properly, but only if it's part of a cohesive team.

You can't be good at your role, as you introduced an element of gameplay that idiots can't ignore and tunnel down the healer.

Until they get their muliplier damage - so you take 150% of total damage, and or - some other stupidity that allows them to keep drooling on their keyboard with success... then they will fight their hardest against allowing tanks survival.

Or idiots could just get rolled by premades just like they do now, only tank PvP gear actually does something.

So in summary there are a few points I'd like to reinforce:

- Tanks that choose tank PVP armor are getting stats that have no effect in PVP, which is unfortunate and should be addressed (defence, shield, absorption etc...)

- Tanks should be able to adopt the tank role if they choose to, with lowered DPS, but high survivability. The issue currently is that tanks that choose this path are not today signficantly more survivable than other classes - this should be addressed

- Tanks that choose the DPS path, should be able to do reasonable DPS (not to OPS) level, and have a reduced survivability because of this choice, this third issue is closest to being okay right now, if the other two issues are addressed we just need to make sure DPS tanks do not become overpowered.

I've recently switched to DPS role because of the current issues, which I'm enjoying but it's not why I rolled a tank, if the first two issues are addressed I'll switch back to the tank role.

Edited by Zooce

• 2 weeks later...