Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

WraithAscendant

Needs a tad update with the Geologist guy.

Will I ever be able to get a white crystal if I don't manage to make 2.5 million before 1.2 comes out?

Same with Cyan. Can I get that any other way aside from the Geologist?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the advent of this geologist, all my hardwork trying to get my brother's artifice to go hunting for the schema, get the extra crystal completely defeated the purpose... Every has a magenta crystal now...

SO how bout making it so that we can hunt the schema for the white crystal... or better yet a BLACK crystal... I do not wanna look like everyone else... I like to be unique...

with the advent of this geologist, all my hardwork trying to get my brother's artifice to go hunting for the schema, get the extra crystal completely defeated the purpose... Every has a magenta crystal now...

SO how bout making it so that we can hunt the schema for the white crystal... or better yet a BLACK crystal... I do not wanna look like everyone else... I like to be unique...

Yah it depends on how much info the devs want to give us. They are saying new colors for artiface in 1.2. What is it :p

i checked the prices out at the geologist and wow - do they think all players are millionaires? my god im lvl 15 and almost 16,

i have 1,300 creds and im stuck with my yellow crystal, +3 endurance, or i can get a +2 crit red, blue or green, they need to get new colour crystals that us "lower" ranked players can use.

my only other option is to go back to my assassin class, make crystals and send them to my sorc as im on rank 80 synthweaving and to go thru the bother of switching isnt cost effective

i dont use my assassin anymore, i dont like it :(

i checked the prices out at the geologist and wow - do they think all players are millionaires? my god im lvl 15 and almost 16,

i have 1,300 creds and im stuck with my yellow crystal, +3 endurance, or i can get a +2 crit red, blue or green, they need to get new colour crystals that us "lower" ranked players can use.

my only other option is to go back to my assassin class, make crystals and send them to my sorc as im on rank 80 synthweaving and to go thru the bother of switching isnt cost effective

i dont use my assassin anymore, i dont like it :(

First off, this offer is limited time before patch 1.2 that means it is towards those who have been playing long time (since start mostly) and already high level or top level. They usually have about half million credits or more (datasheet was on guild summit).

Secondly all crystals except white will be craftable after patch 1.2 and you can get them anyway. White is a bonus for those who have been playing this game some time and had access already to all other colors anyway, hence the high price to get one more option to currently available colors ingame.

You just started playing this game or barely played to be so low level or spent all credits and asking now to be handed all the temporary offer without any effort whatsoever (high level and some credits). You get all after major crafting overhaul with also lower level crystals.

Edited by Divona

Secondly all crystals except white will be craftable after patch 1.2 and you can get them anyway. White is a bonus for those who have been playing this game some time and had access already to all other colors anyway, hence the high price to get one more option to currently available colors ingame.

Do you have a dev post or other source somewhere that states which colors they are adding? I have not seen any myself. We know that they are adding stuff, we just haven’t been privy to what yet. We do know 100% from Georg’s post (as you stated)that white will NOT be craft-able during 1.2.x. Nothing that I have found states anything about the purple or cyan being a craft-able color crystal, that are currently on the crystal vendor. Magenta was already ingame, so I'm not counting that one.

Edited by Sameria

Do you have a dev post or other source somewhere that states which colors they are adding? I have not seen any myself. We know that they are adding stuff, we just haven’t been privy to what yet. We do know 100% from Georg’s post (as you stated)that white will NOT be craft-able during 1.2.x. Nothing that I have found states anything about the purple or cyan being a craft-able color crystal, that are currently on the crystal vendor. Magenta was already ingame, so I'm not counting that one.

True, white will not be craftable hence they high cost now.

White:

You can have that definitive answer: There are no plans of making the white crystal craftable in 1.2 or the 1.2.x patch timeline.

May you be able to craft in several months? Maybe. Not decided yet. If so, it would not be easy.

Think for a moment. They offer with ok price all kinds of colors now and also removed restrictions from purple and cyan along with other colors. Patch 1.2 gives new craftable schematics for artifice, devs confirmed artifice gets major boost. Do you really think they would come out and say wahite cannot be crafted but no mention any other color? The demand was very high for other colors than the regualr red, green, blue, yellow. If there wont be any new chematics for non standard colors, then the artifice color crystal crafting will be pointless unless they add +51 or more to swap current vendor colors :)

Soemtimes you need to read between the lines. Even the hint was there that mentions only white is rare offer for limited time but nothing about others. We find out soon once PTS 1.2 patch notes will be revealed.

Edited by Divona

What I believe or think(by reading between the lines) will happen is irrelevant... Stating it on the forums without solid proof just causes drama and rumors to start.

Until the patch notes for 1.2 go live on the PTS or a dev simply comes out & states it, it's hard to assume anything!!

Solid proofs, then im sorry to say to you but you will never get any solid proofs until all the changes go live game :)

Bioware devs dont comment much pre patch changes, so excepeting that is rather silly, but up to you.

Is there any news at all on what the new color cyrstal patterns are. been looking everwhere and nothing.

Also when in the heck are we going to be able to cut "Power" stat cyrstals of all levels I think it is really dumb that we can't craft those.

I don't know if its been said, but has anyone said that orange gems are on low level custom darkside sabers. I found one the other day and its got a +3 endurance orange gem in it. I kinda read the first two pages only

This is useful info for everyone:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3574370#edit3574370

Hey,

This is a valid question and I want to give you some answers so you have some certainty when planning your purchases.

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game. To that end, with Game Update 1.2, you will find that there are endgame variations (+41) for all available crystal colors in the game (Reminder: white is no longer available in 1.2, it's available for a limited time at vendors only).

We have no intention of introducing a new tier of color crystals in the short or mid term future (e.g. 1.3, 1.4). I can't make any statements beyond that at this point, but this should give you planning certainty.

The same is true for augments - the current augments (Rating 22, Level 49) will be the top level augments for the forseeable future. It is a certainty that we will introduce a new tier of augments at some point in the future, but not for several months.

Hope this helps

Georg

This does make me question, however, some of the reports that people were seeing +46 stat crystals somewhere on PTR... but something tells me that people are either being confused or misled... not sure which until I see screenshots and/or yellow text to confirm.

Edited by scootle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.