Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sorcerer nerf - any dates?

alexandreborelli

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your lack of ability to be funny, but this is the wrong post for that sort of comment.

Using the same design of a post as the person you are bashing? What are you 3? >_>

Sages/sorcs arent OP, I kill them all the time, and often out heal/dps them

Edited by CommanderFrog

What is retarted about Sages/Sorcs is Their Force lightning/Telekenitic throw and most of their spells can't be really LOS'd

Like in Voidstar i hide behind the columns but their little pellets are still hitting me.... and their big rocks still hit me after i LOS....

but as a sniper if they LOS 0.0000000001 Seconds everything Cancels.. ROFL This Class is a complete JOKE

Sorcs/sages dont need to be nerfed, people just need to L2P. Good players dont complain about sorcs. Theyre the ones i see in every thread telling people how easy it is to beat the average sorc/sage.

Yes, i am a sorc. I'm also a healer and know for a FACT i CANNOT put out high damage while im heal-specced.

From what ive been reading over the last month, the majority of people have a problem with groups of Sorcs working together. You wanna nerf them because when its 4 together they destroy people with ease. This can actually be said about a few other classes too.

Why do they need nerfs? They are the same as sages, unless you mean both these classes need nerfs.

I read this as IM A SORC AND I AM OFFENDED....of course he meant sages to...are you that dense?

EQUAL RIGHT!!! NAME ME FOR A NERF AND YOU HAVE TO NAME MY MIRROR WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I fail to see why they need a nerf at this point. BH/Commando would need one long before sorc/sage.

Too much utility vs. other classes (knock back, blind [talented], cc, speed boost, shields), plus their healing output untalented is significantly better than the other healing classes and probably needs to be toned down (basically, decrease the base and increase benefits from talenting).

Now that my IA is getting nerfed tomorrow, I will be playing my sorc alt. So hopefully they will hold off for a bit. Upside, I can join all the "all sorc" premades that form up at fleet to grind out wz wins.

Not a bash to you, just using this as an example. The fact that there are all sorc premades says something...they need to be changed slightly. I'm getting sick of playing hutball, and actually trying to play the ball, while sorcs on either team completely ignore the objective so they can sit on the walkways and spam lightning to pad their stats.

...plus their healing output untalented is significantly better than the other healing classes and probably needs to be toned down (basically, decrease the base and increase benefits from talenting).

As a dps sorc, it would take over 5 casts of my most powerful heal to get me from sub 10% health to full and at 3 seconds a cast would take 15 seconds (longer then just out of combat free heal everyone has) and would drain all my force in the process.

You really have no clue.

As a dps sorc, it would take over 5 casts of my most powerful heal to get me from sub 10% health to full and at 3 seconds a cast would take 15 seconds (longer then just out of combat free heal everyone has) and would drain all my force in the process.

You really have no clue.

Which is still better than non-specced healers can manage. The shield also effectively functions as a heal which puts them over the top of the other classes.

Too much utility vs. other classes (knock back, blind [talented], cc, speed boost, shields), plus their healing output untalented is significantly better than the other healing classes and probably needs to be toned down (basically, decrease the base and increase benefits from talenting).

You realize we get ~30k healing a match from shielding ourselves right? The rest of a "dps sorc" healing comes from self healing for 1600 hp every 3 seconds.

The problem with most of you "nerf sorc now" people is you don't understand the class well enough to see how it needs to be nerfed. You're just mad you died in a warzone and come here to complain.

You guys all act like we're 31/31/31 specced.

Which is still better than non-specced healers can manage. The shield also effectively functions as a heal which puts them over the top of the other classes.

I beg to differ. My healing sorc can stay alive and do little to no damage against targets. He also dies the minute he gets marked by the other team as a healer.

My dps commando not only has more "oh **** buttones" (2 knock backs 1 stun, 1 cc and his damage reduction shield) to stay alive longer but can also kill people with nothing but a grav shot spam.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

ps my commando heals better than my sage does in their non-heal specs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.