I don't want Bioware to have my money

Gankdalf_

Too much contempt for their customers, the twitter comments alone were just bang out of order. The whole way they have handled the launch tells me they really take the customers for granted, maybe it's all gone to their heads.

I have an ethos in life that I am very careful who gets my very hard earned cash, they have to tick the boxes, it's not about how much I love the product, it's all about morals with me.

The younger people will not have a clue *** I am on about, they just look at the shiney, glittering product and don't care about anything else.

I look at how many people are unhappy on the forums, they take MMO playing serious, getting a headstart can be vital, securing their name, keeping up with the auction house economy, they are all vital to your gameplay. This is gameplay we have to pay for on a monthly basis, it's not like Skyrim where you can just pick it up whenever and carry on, this game world changes every minute. The people in game now are making the game harder and harder for us people not able to play. Names are being taken, prices are going up, people are higher level.

I admired Blizzard when WOW first came out, they were very fair-minded I wanted them to have my money as I felt valued. With Bioware I feel like a piece of crap, not important, I really don't want them to have my money. This game will have to be the best game I have ever played for me to consider renewing after the first month and as a beta tester I know it's not so...

I take it that you registered your preorder later than most then?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So your post is about how it is unfair that not everyone starts at the same time?

Not sure I totally understand, this would be like an MMO launching and only allowing people to buy the game on one day and not letting anyone else in because it wouldn't be fair. Yet, new people are constantly joining established MMOs, so it cannot be that dire of a situation.

It doesn't help that you basically insulted a population of players by making broad sweeping generalizations about "younger players"

I take it that you registered your preorder later than most then?

Yes I saw the bit that said 5 days early access and re ordered expecting to get in today with everyone else. Bioware shifted the goal posts by adding two extra days for a select few, they really have no idea how to run an MMO tbh.

First, I have to ask, what twitter comments? I haven't seen anything out of line.

Second, the "you people who don't know *** you are talking about" because they see their "shiny" an that's all they want ARE THE ONES WHO ARE UPSET! Never, not once, did Bioware say "you will receive 5 days early access". It was ALWAYS been "up to". Now most people will get at least 5 days and people are upset about it!?

Once again this just seems like someone complaining because there was a little fine print that they couldn't be bothered to read.

Yes I saw the bit that said 5 days early access and re ordered expecting to get in today with everyone else. Bioware shifted the goal posts by adding two extra days for a select few, they really have no idea how to run an MMO tbh.

ahh u must not seen the words up to....meaning u might get 5 days but have ur heart set on 1 or 2

ahh u must not seen the words up to....meaning u might get 5 days but have ur heart set on 1 or 2

Way back in the summer when pre orders first came out there was NO mention of staggering it at all, this is the reason i never pre ordered back then. I don't stalk games as they are being developed, I never even went back to the site till I got an invite to Betatest.

His name is gankdalf, all he wants is to be a high level on a PvP server so he can gank lowbies, he is also upset that he has an uninspired unoriginal name that was probably taken in the first wave. Mahalo.

Thanks for the bump, lets keep this thread high as it has a good title.

i agree with you totally, at this point i find myself to be , in a complete stage of whatever, Apathy mood. my previous excitement to play swtor have waned to proportions where i feel, i coulden't care less about getting an email or not.

my only regret is not been able to cancel my preoder earlier not having waited untill the 20th to to buy the game instead. having paid over 100 Euros for a CE plus the 5 euros (we dont get deducted in my country) to make things worse, the store employees told me i woulden't get the money back , so i have to stick with it.

i learned one lesson though. never preorder a game again.

Way back in the summer when pre orders first came out there was NO mention of staggering it at all, this is the reason i never pre ordered back then. I don't stalk games as they are being developed, I never even went back to the site till I got an invite to Betatest.

way back in summer they were not expecting so many preorders... once they realized they got so much around september they changed it and still gave people up to then the 5 days they "were promised"

Way back in July, yes the very day that pre-orders were released, it was stated in the FAQ here on the forums and Stephen Reid tweeted god knows how many times, that early access would be granted based on when you redeem your code. So stop lying. This has been known since day one.

The only thing we didn't know on 21st July was how long early access would be.

Edited by Mandrax

First, I have to ask, what twitter comments? I haven't seen anything out of line.

Second, the "you people who don't know *** you are talking about" because they see their "shiny" an that's all they want ARE THE ONES WHO ARE UPSET! Never, not once, did Bioware say "you will receive 5 days early access". It was ALWAYS been "up to". Now most people will get at least 5 days and people are upset about it!?

Once again this just seems like someone complaining because there was a little fine print that they couldn't be bothered to read.

The only twitter comments I can think he may be referring to are ones that people read and decided were snarky. the "led to believe" about teh grace period people blew up about and yesterdays "real problems"

as far as teh "led to believe" please rememebr this guy is getting how many thousands of tweets and he's doing a great job answering alot of them, especially when he doesnt have to answer any, give him a break for a hastily typed response once in awhile

as far as the "real problems" I agree with him, he is trying to help people that actually SHOULD be in game get there, not trying to help the people who just WANT to know when they are getting in. Thats all he was saying, if it offended you, never go to a comedy club.....

Too much contempt for their customers, the twitter comments alone were just bang out of order. The whole way they have handled the launch tells me they really take the customers for granted, maybe it's all gone to their heads.

I have an ethos in life that I am very careful who gets my very hard earned cash, they have to tick the boxes, it's not about how much I love the product, it's all about morals with me.

The younger people will not have a clue *** I am on about, they just look at the shiney, glittering product and don't care about anything else.

I look at how many people are unhappy on the forums, they take MMO playing serious, getting a headstart can be vital, securing their name, keeping up with the auction house economy, they are all vital to your gameplay. This is gameplay we have to pay for on a monthly basis, it's not like Skyrim where you can just pick it up whenever and carry on, this game world changes every minute. The people in game now are making the game harder and harder for us people not able to play. Names are being taken, prices are going up, people are higher level.

I admired Blizzard when WOW first came out, they were very fair-minded I wanted them to have my money as I felt valued. With Bioware I feel like a piece of crap, not important, I really don't want them to have my money. This game will have to be the best game I have ever played for me to consider renewing after the first month and as a beta tester I know it's not so...

Funny, I pegged YOU as one of the "younger" people.:) But regardless of age, I lold at your means of gauging the quality of an MMO, by reading THE FORUMS! LOL again!

Yes..that's the BEST place to guage what a game is like. Forget that you're letting other people do your thinking for you, but that your using a place people troll and flame as a basis for making an informed decision? These forums are a great example. SO MUCH WHINING! And you've added to it.

I'm sorry you feel like a piece of crap because you aren't getting in before the 20th (though that may change today, and then you'll stop whining, like everyone else QQing about the EGA), but I'm betting this is an empty threat. If you meant to leave, you would.:) And granted, things are subjective, but I doubt you tested, or read much of the messages from Bioware, as you've stated. The messages are warm, and full of thanks to us as a community. The game, that I DID test, was awesome.

Why did I spend so much time on this reply? Meh..

i agree with you totally, at this point i find myself to be , in a complete stage of whatever, Apathy mood. my previous excitement to play swtor have waned to proportions where i feel, i coulden't care less about getting an email or not.

my only regret is not been able to cancel my preoder earlier not having waited untill the 20th to to buy the game instead. having paid over 100 Euros for a CE plus the 5 euros (we dont get deducted in my country) to make things worse, the store employees told me i woulden't get the money back , so i have to stick with it.

i learned one lesson though. never preorder a game again.

It has not put me off pre ordering, I will just never pre order from Bioware of EA again, this is the first time I have done so and the last.