Merc requires no skill what so ever

Torothin

There are those that know what to do when tracer missile gets interrupted and those who don't. I would say 70% of the arsenal mercs have an aneurism when they can't spam it and frantically try and figure out what to do next. I do tend to use tracer liberally but i also know i have other useful skills too.:)

Lets see, my normal rotation is:

Thermal Bypass (whatever its called)

Fusion Missile DOT (especially if target in crowd)

Tracer Missile (Builds Heat Sig x2, Target Lock and Unload Proc)

Tracer Missile (Heat Sig now =4)

Heatseeker Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Rail Shot

Unload

Of course, I may use many other skills inbetween, such as CC abilities like Concussion Missile and Shock (think thats the name). There is a reset to the Shock skill that could get used, a HOT skill, other heals and cures, a shield bubble, etc., that all get used.

But, all you see us doing is TM, very observant of you.

Don't feed the trolls.

Those of us who actually play mercs, we know that it takes skill to be good at this class. (Especially 1v1) Anyone who thinks/says differently is just ignorant.

Edited by Ivaed

I think that's a rude and broad generalization. Personally... I think it's ignorant to generalize everything just because you're sore about how some people choose to do something.

For the record... My rotation only uses Tracer Missle once per go 'round and I have never had any problems - my Merc is level 38.

Edited by Eysaathe

This is the problem, there are too many people out there like Kalgodic who see the video of that somewhat geared 50 murdering low level no expertise players who are not using CC or interrupts (he also had healing and the Republic players did not) in a single warzone and think that is what it is like to be a merc.

Every lvl 50 with a decent amount of expertise gear was destroying non-50s in warzones, that is why they put in the 50 bracket. You could have made that video using power shot instead and it would have looked the same. How many times would you have a full team of non-50s beating on a battlemaster tank while he calmly walks the huttball in for a score with full health?

There are many classes who have a main ability and use it as much as mercs use tracer missle, it just doesn't have the same annoying sound and animation so it isn't as noticeable. Complaining about mercs using tracer missile is just as stupid as complaining about melee classes using attacks that build rage or focus so you can use high damage abilities. It is what you are meant to be doing, get over it.

Posted from another thread discussing almost the same thing.. He makes a great point. Go cry somewhere else. Or if you're going to whine about mercs spamming TM, then go to the sorcerer forum and whine about them spamming force lightning too.

Edit: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2331553#post2331553 <-- Link to the other thread if you care to whine there as well.

Edited by Eysaathe

My problem with Mercenaries is that they get such a useful skill at only the 3rd tier of one of their talent trees. Compared to other 3rd tier abilities like retractable blade and incendiary missile, tracer missile is much, much better.

This becomes a problem when a mercenary decides to hybrid spec into bodyguard and arsenal, as they get one of arsenal's most powerful abilities without much investment.

DPS wise, at least in a raid environment, all classes do relatively the same amount of DPS.

In a PvP environment, a good player will know to use stuns, interrupts, and and get into melee range. An Arsenal player can be shut down, but left to his own devices will do a lot of damage (like any glass cannon).

Also I feel kinda sad for Arsenal players for having a rather boring rotation compared to, for example, Pyrotech players.

explain? Unlike Pt's Merc's have a choice? What do you mean?

Oh, I thought it was a common knowledge. You know, Advanced Prototype tree stinks?Hence mercs actually do get a choice, stationary sustained damage via TMx3=>Heatseeker=>Unload=>TMx2=>Rail Shot...Oh, right, am I saying?! There's nothing else in Arsenal tree except for TM spam! Or we can use Pyro and be less stationary, have greater burst but lesser sustained damage.

But, oh yeah, since you don't know a jack about mercs you just run your mouth.

Heatseeker Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Rail Shot

Unload

Of course, I may use many other skills inbetween, such as CC abilities like Concussion Missile and Shock (think thats the name). There is a reset to the Shock skill that could get used, a HOT skill, other heals and cures, a shield bubble, etc., that all get used.

May I ask when you get too much heat ? I am sometimes almost down in 4 missiles, lost loads of hp until i reach the Commando/BH.

Edited by BobaFurz

tracer missile-tracer missile-tracer missile. That's all I see. Why do people choose this class again? It takes no skill what so ever.

You obviously have never witnessed a Bounty Hunter do mob juggling.

Doesn't involve Tracer at all, matter of fact it involves general Bounty Hunter skills.

Does require knowing your class and mob mechanics.

Tracer is just a bonus for us Mercs to annoy you haters.

Edited by HopeSlayer

Good Bounty Hunters don't just spam, but there are plenty of terrible ones that give Mercs a bad name.

As a Sage player myself, it's hilarious when you interrupt one of the spammers and they just sit there for 4 seconds doing nothing, wondering why their skill isn't casting (omg, must be ability delay!).

Originally Posted by AAmedeo

Heatseeker Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Rail Shot

Unload

May I ask when you get too much heat ? I am sometimes almost down in 4 missiles, lost loads of hp until i reach the Commando/BH.

I use as many of the heat reducing specs and skills as possible. I also am not afraid to slow my rotation. I watch the heat bar, and compensate.

Its so strange, what is this tracer missle you speak of? I don't see it anywhere on my bar, I must be some other kind of mercenary.

Tracer missles are the building block for one of 3 tree in the mercenary sub class of the bounty hunter tree.

Its like asking whats with all this light saber throwing that the sith do? its part of thier class mechanic maybe?

Its so strange, what is this tracer missle you speak of? I don't see it anywhere on my bar, I must be some other kind of mercenary.

Tracer missles are the building block for one of 3 tree in the mercenary sub class of the bounty hunter tree.

Its like asking whats with all this light saber throwing that the sith do? its part of thier class mechanic maybe?

Lightsaber throwing? Really? That's where you went with this counterargument? Not purple lightning or pebble throwing? You know that the lightsaber throw is an execute and a weak mortal strike, not a core ability, right?

Anyway, that tree is funny because it's so focused on one really strong ability. There's no subtlety or variety to playing it. God help you if you get 2 or 3 focus firing you. You will die in about 5 seconds seconds. This is most annoying in Huttball mostly because it so heavily favors ranged damage dealers who just stand on the balconies and KB anyone who dares get close to them. I have no problem with them in CW or VS.