Turning Ilum into DOTA- - A PvP concept for Ilum

Dee-Jay

The OP's idea has merit, it'll do nothing for the population imbalance. All this idea would do is change the center-zerg (boring as it is) into a roaming zerg, where the undermanned side looses all but maybe one of their walkers (Or all thee if they try to attack the enemy walkers)

Remove the arms from center and make Ilum a warzone with 20-v-20 (or more) to even the odds and you'll see Ilum improved without having to DotA a thing.

Sounds like moving from an ARAM (All Random All Mid) to an proper game.

I think splitting up the objectives would suffice. Not sure if I am on-board with the MOBA-style gameplay, but I would be willing to try new things.

However, I think a fix to the existing performance issues is priority #1, regardless of structural issues plaguing Ilum.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Example of just about every idea there is from the player base is way better than anything BW can come up with. Thats pretty disconcerning tbh. Do BW employees simply put no honor in their job? Do they just want to get finished as soon as possible to get home and watch the 5 o'clock news?

As it is now, SWTOR is the worst PvP experience Ive had ever. And i fear we will see a MASSIVE subscriptioncancellation as Diablo III and GW II hit the shelves.

I don't really want to be fighting npcs in Ilum. Just other players. There are better ways to fix Ilum. Go play dota if you want to play dota.

Better idea would be to have keeps, that need to be defended. You gotta take the keeps and there are big rewards for defending successfully or assaulting successfully. You could have 4 capture nodes inside a keep. Assaulting team would have to get to each of the 4 nodes inside the keep, and assault it and have it turn their color.

I'm sure you guys can come up with some better idea. Even better than mine I'm sure. SO let's hear them! Anything is better than turning this game into another game we already play.