How can I bind keys to my mouse?

DarrkLore

Hello, I have a question and I hope someone can help me. I saw somebody on here mention once that they had a macro running to bind the Ctrl and Alt keys to their fourth and fifth mouse buttons. I tried running a script with AutoHotKey to bind those keys but it doesn't work in the game. And as far as I know there's no way to do it through the keybind menu in-game either. Can anyone tell me how I can bind the Ctrl and Alt keys to my mouse so that it will work in-game? Edited by DarrkLore

I bind 5 keys on my mouse. IF your mouse driver/software allows you to emulate certain keys, go into the game configuration and key binding. Click on whichever function you want bound and then click the appropriate mouse button.

I have a gaming mouse and had to go in and set it to emulat mouse buttons 3,4 and 5 to work properly in game.

Once I did that, it made it a whole lot more fun and my mouse a lot more functional.

Hope that helped!

I bind 5 keys on my mouse. IF your mouse driver/software allows you to emulate certain keys, go into the game configuration and key binding. Click on whichever function you want bound and then click the appropriate mouse button.

I have a gaming mouse and had to go in and set it to emulat mouse buttons 3,4 and 5 to work properly in game.

The problem is my mouse didn't come with any software. :(

On a similar note, if your software allows for application specific binding, which app should I specify when setting this up? I've tried the "..\swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe", but it doesn't switch over to the proper binding setup when I launch the game.

Any thoughts?

Play with two hands on your keyboard like I do.

Other players love watching my feet shuffle when I turn around.

I've thought about doing that, but I prefer to turn and target with my mouse so I think the mouse buttons are a better fit for me.

The Naga Epic is perfect for that. My wife maps the keypad on the left side to her hotbar so it mouseover heals like HealBot. She's already an accomplished healer but really rocks flashpoints because of this mouse.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.220156700/categoryId.54536600

Edited by GalacticKegger