Resolve bar fix badly

JediDuckling

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the Resolve bar work as intended and I've also seen the Resolve bar not work at all... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.... I've had people with full white Resolve bars and I was still able to CC them and then i've also seen it wher my CC's didn't work on them... so yeah it's definitely broken maybe not 100% broken but definitely needs to be fixed..

Also I don't think Roots and Snares count as CC so this might be confusing some people, although IMO they should count as CC...

I like the idea of the CC breaker giving you a 5 second immunity to all CC...

Also remember that they changed the resolve bar at launch once your bar becomes full and nobody CC's you anymore your resolve bar resets within 3 seconds, it only stays up if people keep trying to CC you... In beta when you got a full Resolve bar it would last a full 10 seconds before you would be cc'ed again regardless if someone kept trying to cc you or not..

I prefer the way they had it in beta... because right now a good team will just stop cc'ing you soon as your resolve bar hits white and then 3 sec's later they can start cc'ing you all over again...

The worse CC in the game is the stupid Agent / Inquistor where they can use a sleep dart on you in stealth, this CC has no CD on it so they can keep you cc'ed forever as long as you don't go into combat.... It's lame

Edited by Monoth

Got stun? Pop that cc breaker!

Oh sh*t stun again, resolve bar full but I am still stun!!!11!!!

What is this resolve bar thing it fails! FIX THE DAME THING!!!!11!!

Repeat posting thread/post(for well over a month too, learning curve is overrated) and rage at Dev while kiss and praise DR because new rules just too hard to learn.

Simple people, simple logic. Its always the game's fault not them.

Edited by Felene

I've seen the Resolve bar work as intended and I've also seen the Resolve bar not work at all... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.... I've had people with full white Resolve bars and I was still able to CC them and then i've also seen it wher my CC's didn't work on them... so yeah it's definitely broken maybe not 100% broken but definitely needs to be fixed..

Also I don't think Roots and Snares count as CC so this might be confusing some people, although IMO they should count as CC...

I like the idea of the CC breaker giving you a 5 second immunity to all CC...

Also remember that they changed the resolve bar at launch once your bar becomes full and nobody CC's you anymore your resolve bar resets within 3 seconds, it only stays up if people keep trying to CC you... In beta when you got a full Resolve bar it would last a full 10 seconds before you would be cc'ed again regardless if someone kept trying to cc you or not..

I prefer the way they had it in beta... because right now a good team will just stop cc'ing you soon as your resolve bar hits white and then 3 sec's later they can start cc'ing you all over again...

The worse CC in the game is the stupid Agent / Inquistor where they can use a sleep dart on you in stealth, this CC has no CD on it so they can keep you cc'ed forever as long as you don't go into combat.... It's lame

- White resolve bar is depleting at the speed of 100/second so you are immune for a minimum of 10s (up to 20s depending if you went above 1000 or not) so, no, nobody will CC you 3 seconds later after it starts depleting.

- Operative / Assassin mez gives 800 resolve so they can only do it twice after that you are immune for 20s.

So, like the others, you should learn how it works before stating wrong facts.

Edited by zqsd

No, there is no 5 seconds stun in the game, the longers are 4 seconds and gives 800 resolve (durations in seconds x200) so, no, a single stun is not supposed to fill entirely the bar.

800 resolve means any KB, mez or KD will make you immune for any CC but snares / roots while your resolve bar will start depleting AFTER the CC wears off...

But it's so much easier to cry and state invalid arguments instead of figuring how the bar actually works huh?

To answer your question, slow or halt, as you call, doesen't make any difference for RB since in this game roots (halts) are considered as 100% snare and snares are not affected by the RB, so...

ok, fair enough. I admit that I am a little confused as to what exactly the resolve bar is stopping since when full it still doesn't allow me to ESCAPE or MOVE.

Maybe the issue is that there are too many full snares that still do the same thing as a

stun so essentially you are in the same boat ... cannot escape and stuck in 1 place or slowed to a halt.

You are a complete noob and your statements are plain wrong. Stuns and KBs are not supposed to fill the bar to full, unless the stun is 5s duration which does not exist.

Snares and roots don't affect resolve bar at all.

Resolve bar is NOT bugged and is functionning as intended. I will add it is the best diminishing return system i have ever seen in an MMO.

First learn to play before crying.

To the people who are saying they get CCed AND look at their resolve bar, complaining it is full... No comment... Maybe you should think before writing ?

Ok so lets speak like noobs... because starting you response by "you are a complete noob" make me think you are one too...

So lets say Stunned = Can't click on anything, not only can't move (mezzed) but can't click, like you can flood a botton and it will not work. And people can hit you, it wont break.

Ok so I hope we are agree on the deffinition of Stunned... Now, I know I play most of the time on pvp WZs, lets say half the time for the sake of arguement.

now I type /played = around 4days so if you do the maths, I played around 2days = 48h of pvp.

Knowing as you know now, that I'm well aware of the deffinition of Stunned. Do you realy believe that after playing 48h+ on PVP and getting as many more to the conclusion that I am getting stunned when reslove bar is full, and I even get stunned while stunned (and I rolled all classes for fun, so I know what the little icons on me stands for, when it a stun one I can recongnize it). So do you realy believe that I'm wrong ?

Or maybe, it is you who are wrong ? I rarely saw someone starting a sentence like you did, and being right in the end.

Got stun? Pop that cc breaker!

Oh sh*t stun again, resolve bar full but I am still stun!!!11!!!

What is this resolve bar thing it fails! FIX THE DAME THING!!!!11!!

Repeat posting thread/post(for well over a month too, learning curve is overrated) and rage at Dev while kiss and praise DR because new rules just too hard to learn.

Simple people, simple logic. Its always the game's fault not them.

Just for clarification, your resolve bar fills up based upon the TIME you were CC'd and not based on the spell used (except knockbacks with have a set resolve value).

Therefore if you trinket out after 1 second of a 4 second stun, you only get 200 resolve rather then the 800 resolve for the full stun. As such are easier to chain more stuns on.

Here is a good thread on that:

http://taugrim.com/2012/01/04/understanding-swtors-resolve-mechanic/

I am not happy with the resolve system myself, as a squishy Sorcerer if I have been CC'd enough to have a full resolve bar I am most likely already dead or close to it. That said I pvp a lot with a well geared tank and once he gets a full resolve bar he is nearly unstoppable in huttball.

- White resolve bar is depleting at the speed of 100/second so you are immune for a minimum of 10s (up to 20s depending if you went above 1000 or not) so, no, nobody will CC you 3 seconds later after it starts depleting.

- Operative / Assassin mez gives 800 resolve so they can only do it twice after that you are immune for 20s.

Learn to read, RESOLVE IS NOT WORKING ALL THE TIME... next time someone gets a full resolve bar watch and the Resolve bar disappears within 3 seconds if nobody cc's them anymore... So yeah the RESOLVE BAR IS BROKEN..

Sometimes it works as intended but a lot of the times it doesn't... And no it doesn't last up to 10s or 20s like it did in beta... it only does if people keep cc'ing you after its full.

All your doing is quoting what a Dev told you how it's suppose to work, trying watching how it ACTUALLY works in a game instead of taking a Dev's word on something that's broken yet Bioware refuses to acknowledge it yet..

Resolve was broken in Beta for months before bioware finally admitted to it... we had hundreds of pages of people complaining and then finally there like oh yeah guess it is broken..

Edited by Monoth

I run with ball towards enemy line, i get cc'ed. Resolve Bar goes full. After cc wears off, i make 1 step and i get stuned again by a jedi shadow. Explain this to me mr. Einstein

Ok so lets speak like noobs... because starting you response by "you are a complete noob" make me think you are one too...

So lets say Stunned = Can't click on anything, not only can't move (mezzed) but can't click, like you can flood a botton and it will not work. And people can hit you, it wont break.

Ok so I hope we are agree on the deffinition of Stunned... Now, I know I play most of the time on pvp WZs, lets say half the time for the sake of arguement.

now I type /played = around 4days so if you do the maths, I played around 2days = 48h of pvp.

Knowing as you know now, that I'm well aware of the deffinition of Stunned. Do you realy believe that after playing 48h+ on PVP and getting as many more to the conclusion that I am getting stunned when reslove bar is full, and I even get stunned while stunned (and I rolled all classes for fun, so I know what the little icons on me stands for, when it a stun one I can recongnize it). So do you realy believe that I'm wrong ?

Or maybe, it is you who are wrong ? I rarely saw someone starting a sentence like you did, and being right in the end.

No, stunned = can't do anything AND taking damage won't break it.

Mez = stun but broken by damage.

If you don't even know what a stun is... how could you figure how the resolve bar works?

@The_duck: "full snares" (aka roots) are certainly not like stun. First, in this game roots breaks on damage (unlike stun) and second, you can do anything while rooted except moving (unlike stun).

Edited by zqsd

I run with ball towards enemy line, i get cc'ed. Resolve Bar goes full. After cc wears off, i make 1 step and i get stuned again by a jedi shadow. Explain this to me mr. Einstein

You are dumb and don't even know when your bar is actually full OR you don't know what a stun is.

I would'nt be surprised if it was both.

Anything else?

Edited by zqsd

If it was a balance shadow, the end talent in that tree gives an immobilize root, which doesn't care for resolve at all (sorcs/sages get this too). If it really was a stun, then your resolve wasn't full.

Edited by PringerZ

Which bar? The one above people's heads is only out of 800 and you are not Resolve Bar immune until it hits 1000 and the bar turns white.

No, stunned = can't do anything AND take it damage won't break it.

Mez = stun but broken by damage.

If you don't even know what a stun is... how could you figure how the resolve bar works?

@The_duck: "full snares" (aka roots) are certainly not like stun. First, in this game roots breaks on damage (unlike stun) and second, you can do anything while rooted except moving (unlike stun).

You actualy aware you just repeted me... and if you look later in my response, you will see I was only speaking about Stunned. Thank you for showing us, you are not able to read, so to answer you on the same ton. If you do not know ho to read, how could you figure how the resolve bar works ... ?

What could happen is you get stunned, it fills your bar to max THEN you look at it and see it full.

What could happen is you're an idiot.

Some of us actually sit there and watch our resolve bars while we run the ball.

When it hits white, that is not CC immune. Period. If I hit my break I fully expect to get CC'd immediately, even if my bar is white. Period.

The only immunity you get is when it starts draining, which usually occurs 1-4 seconds after the last CC has expired. Has expired. This means you can get chain CC'd while white-barred forever. Until the enemy stops CC'ing you. This is why you are theoretically supposed to use your CC break while white-barred, so it can start draining and you actually get CC immunity.

That or it requires line of sight to a random target the game decides (your CC break requires line of sight to your current target half the time, didn't you know?).

You actualy aware you just repeted me... and if you look later in my response, you will see I was only speaking about Stunned. Thank you for showing us, you are not able to read, so to answer you on the same ton. If you do not know ho to read, how could you figure how the resolve bar works ... ?

This was an answer to the two posts you wrote where in the second one you are stating you can be stunned for more than 15s, which is impossible.

You can only be mezed for 16s.

So either you don't know what a stun is or you don't know how resolve bar fills.

If you don't know what a stun is, how could...

If you don't know how the resolve bar fills, how could...

All in all, how could... ?

Edited by zqsd

I haven't read the entire thread so I apologize if it this has already been said.

My biggest issue with Resolve is that as a melee class, any SNARE on me is nearly the exact same as being CC'd. When Snared, my only ranged abilities are Saber Throw, Force Scream, and Vicious Throw (Scream and Vicious Throw have very small range. Saber Throw has 30m). So I'm basically limited to Saber Throw when snared as a melee. This is practically the exact same as being stunned/CC'd.

Either snares need to be affected by Resolve so when your Resolve bar is full, you cannot be snared OR snares need their own diminishing return system similar to WoW. Any competent enemies that have access to snares that also actually look at your Resolve bar can simply chain snare you until your Resolve bar empties.

Why can't they just do the one min immunity to CC like in DAOC? And have CC break be the purge button and Scrap this terrible resolve system?

Do you really want a game w/o CC?

Do you want people just spamming their dps rotation mindlessly with nothing else to do?

Someone post a video with proof of this "bug". Until then I call BS. All I see is a huge drama over a supposedly broken mechanic yet nothing that confirms it. I, like many others, have never experienced this, and I would have by now if it existed. Edited by Amythiel

You are dumb and don't even know when your bar is actually full OR you don't know what a stun is.

I would'nt be surprised if it was both.

Anything else?

Seems you are an idiot...

Lets explain this to you like u do on kids that are 5 years old.

I was stuned, which means i couldnt move my character AND i couldnt use any of my spells, but the enemy could attack me , without me being able to move again, during the duration of the stun.

Do you get it now? Or you want me to draw it to u?

I bet you ll have a "smart" explanation also, about the win in wz that dont count for quest 0/3 wins...something like "the win wasnt meant to be win, or it was partialy win and dunno what else u ll think....

Edited by unicornfive

Someone post a video with proof of this "bug". Until then I call BS.

Why post a video of something so obvious you can see it 5 minutes into any Warzone?

Ah, you know here's some good speculation on exactly why the "bug" happens:

1. You get hit with a 4s stun launching you to white bar resolve.

2. The immunity does not activate until the "4s duration of the stun" expires.

3. You hit CC break because you have a 4s stun on you and your bar is white.

4. The immunity does not activate for 3.5 more seconds (based on the stun duration in #1).

5. You now have a white bar after hitting CC break. You get hit by another stun.

6. Face-to-desk.

7. Resolve bar starts draining 3 seconds later, but naturally does not break the "BUGGED STUN THAT WENT THROUGH" because it only stops new CC.

8. You finally get out of the second stun, except now you get rooted because half the roots in the game ignore resolve. GG.

9. Forum rage.