Legacy system will not...

LESHILL

Um, because in the short (very short) video he talks about "new" alts. Which begs the question whether it will be retroactive to alts already rolled (which I have not seen an answer to). I've seen more than one post of people that are putting off rolling alts until they know how legacy is actually going to work.

But hey, laugh all you want.

Currently we know a few things from the upcoming content video when it comes to Legacy content.

-Family tree relation between your characters.

-Miraluka sith warrior.

Cross faction race/class option is a good thing...if the changes can be made to existing characters. If it is a new character only feature, then we get this,

I've already made all of my alts. There is nothing else to do. I better be able to apply any cosmetics or customizations to preexisting characters.

I too have already made all 8 on my legacy server and currently have held off on playing my alts due to the vid. More progress on them right now is risky since the possibility of needing to roll a whole new character to benefit from the legacy cosmetic features is still high (until the devs confirm otherwise because they showed the miraluka on korriban, not a later planet which hints at only available to "new characters").

The lack of information is a big issue right now for the legacy system. I don't need to know which abilities or relationship options there are for it, I just want to know ASAP if the cosmetic options such as cross-faction(new?) race-class combination will be available to existing characters via some sort of character customization npc on the fleet or capital world.

With that information I can continue forward and enjoy the game without worrying about how I might need to delete this or that character just to see what options are available for the legacy patch. I was enjoying all the class stories up till that video showing the miraluka sith warrior, that was way too disturbing on its own without additional information.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored, then My guess is Pandas will look more intriguing everyday for some.

You can do dailies, weeklies, heroics, and raids just like the Panda game... or reroll just like the Panda game. I'm sorry you're bored with 2 raids, a ton of heroics, and plenty of dailies and weeklies.

All due respect, the only thing this game needs saving from atm is the lack of decent threads on its forum.

You dont know what the legacy system will be like and therefore cant possibly predict what the effect will be on the game.

100% agree. I'm confused as to why some of you hate this game so much yet either keep paying to play it or why they allow you to keep posting on the forums after your sub expires...

None of you whiners bring ANYTHING new to your whimperings, its always the same BS. My favorite is "this game is a single player game, I can do anything in this game by myself, why do I need anyone else?" This statement puzzles me as nearly every quest in WoW during the [leveling up] phase is soloable and much like the heroic 4's, there were some that needed a few people but not many. In WoW you didn't have to talk to ANYONE from 1-85 and even past that if all you did was PVP. Are you "this is a single player game" people soloing FPs your level? If so, let me know what class you're playing because I need to get in on some of that OPness, my Jedi Knight has difficult times just doing class missions...

Edited by laslaya

Be what saves this game . I've noticed a trend in a few interviews that devs mention how the legacy system will " blow" us away.

I'm sorry but if the gameplay remains clunky, the UI stays garbage and a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored, then My guess is Pandas will look more intriguing everyday for some.

Oh cool this thread again.... Then leave because SPOILER ALERT: No one cares.

The part where BW releases only tiny bits of information about a major part of a game we're already playing. How do you plan alts and the like without knowing more about the system that pertains to alts? I really like the game alot, and I play it whenever I have a chance, but this thing with the legacy system has me irked pretty hard.

==> mind is blown .... you "plan" alts ???

how do you plan an alt? its just something you start with and lvl ....

==> mind is blown .... you "plan" alts ???

how do you plan an alt? its just something you start with and lvl ....

Since almost zero information has been released about legacy I really don't know how to plan an alt, do I? But if there are new race/class combinations or special perks (like early speeder), or ways to change what you get the most xp from (which was mentioned in the video) I'd like to know more about that before I roll an alt.

And we need to know if the system is retroactive, so I know if I should shelve my alts until after legacy is released so I can reroll them.

Seriously, what's so hard to understand here?

Pandas will look more intriguing than TOR when space monkeys fly out of my butt.

No matter what problems TOR may have (and i've experienced most of them and still log in every day and enjoy playing imensely) nothing would compel me to go back to that grinding waste of time.

TOR may have its faults, but i'd take clunky gameplay (which its not), a garbage UI (which its not) and rerolling at 50 (which is neither necessary or less than fun) over WoW.

The only thing you said that had any merit was "I'm sorry".

I haven't played WoW in a long time, but could you tell me what the core design differences are between WoW and TOR? Honest question.

Be what saves this game . I've noticed a trend in a few interviews that devs mention how the legacy system will " blow" us away.

I'm sorry but if the gameplay remains clunky, the UI stays garbage and a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored, then My guess is Pandas will look more intriguing everyday for some.

They say everything will "blow" us away... I pay attention to their posts but I don't take them literally, they hype things and then they don't deliver on what we want, in my opinion what we want and what they want are the same thing (A kickass game) the problem is we are on two different pages nine times out of ten. Don't expect the legacy system to be good and you won't be disappointed.

Really? You know, maybe I would have been okay with this ten years ago when the genre was still obscure and developers didn't have big budgets. However, the genre is fairly mainstream now, there have been countless games released on a variety of budgets that DO have "fully fleshed out" end games. Better yet, they have end games that aren't an insult to player intelligence and have us play the role of a small (but adorable) lab rodent in a box pressing a button.

Yes. People like you, who think its acceptable to purchase an unfinished product who lacks features that became a standard in the genre years ago. The more you defend unfinished trash, the more of it we're going to get.

you can't teach a rock to open door. you are wasting your time and energy trying to convince people that poorly made product shouldn't be praised and utter lack of "giving a damn" probably shouldn't be encouraged.

Opinion =/= Fact.

Since almost zero information has been released about legacy I really don't know how to plan an alt, do I? But if there are new race/class combinations

there will be of course a paid premium service where you can change the race of your character! and of course it's only paid so people don't abuse it (not that a cooldown would prevent that, but hey...).

I can already see the press release "a lot of people asked for it, so we listened and put it in!"

The legacy system will have to be released very soon if they want to retain a large number of subs.

The game is getting very stale, very quickly. Already subs are dropping fast and it is going to get ugly in a few weeks.

The only real long term value is alts in this game. The storylines are interesting.

Everything else about SWTOR is done much better in other mmo's.

Edited by --Grim--

I totally agree that it gets boring after you get to lvl 50 and get epic pve offspec aswell as main spec gear so fast that u simply dont have to run fps anymore. I dont like pvp, and dailies get boring after some time.. and not going to roll alt cos i dont like grinding xp by questing same like quests all over again!

The legacy system will have to be released very soon if they want to retain a large number of subs.

The game is getting very stale, very quickly. Already subs are dropping fast and it is going to get ugly in a few weeks.

The only real long term value is alts in this game. The storylines are interesting.

Everything else about SWTOR is done much better in other mmo's.

Too bad the storylines can be watched on youtube for all characters...

But then you're not playing the game, you're watching it. You might as well go rent a movie.

how many missions per class are there in the game compared to the rest? 10%? 5%? the rest is the same, unless you reroll the opposite faction.

sure, there will be people that do an alt for just 5% new content, but I doubt many will do it for the story. even less for a third or fourth time...