Need to tone down the knockbacks and pulls on npc's

Fodobinks

the higher level I get in this game the more frustrated I'm getting doing missions where it seems every npc has some type of knockback and/or pull.

I wouldn't mind it so much but they seem to be able to spam it constantly. Sometimes i feel like a yo-yo they way I'm tossed around.

I really find the tactic of making you loose control of your character in a fight, over and over just to make it tougher a very frustrating experience.

So far I've found it very frustrating on both my melee and ranged characters. I really think all disabling abilities, knockbacks, pulls, etc should be on longer timers for npcs. I'm not a Min/Maxer type player. I'm just a casual player that is trying to do missions and have some fun, and being knocked around like a ragdoll is not my idea of fun.

Personally I'm more annoyed that a group of four mobs, each with a stacking armor debuff, can stack four independent sets of armor debuffs on you for a total of for example 20 armor debuffs all at once. Rather than say each one contributing its attack to a single stack of the debuff.

No wonder all the so called tank companions in this game feel like paper tigers after level 30 unless you go completely nuts gearing them to the teeth.

Edited by marshalleck

There is a Heroic 4 in belsavis. In the cave/tunnel there are groups of 4 to 5 gold mobs, each of which have a graple and a knockback and a super snare. Talk about loosing control of ones character. Allears their graple attacks are not on a 45s timer like the players version, they seem to spam it everytime it's up, every 10 to 20 seconds. :-/

Personally I'm more annoyed that a group of four mobs, each with a stacking armor debuff, can stack four independent sets of armor debuffs on you for a total of for example 20 armor debuffs all at once. Rather than say each one contributing its attack to a single stack of the debuff.

No wonder all the so called tank companions in this game feel like paper tigers after level 30 unless you go completely nuts gearing them to the teeth.

I hate that so very much.

That's the same with DoT's. Some of them are complementary and it'll mean a group can easily burn down your tank; My tank character was always updated with quest rewards and I was healer specced - could hardly keep up the healing at times, why some other groups gave me no trouble and downtime at all. Edited by Aerevan

That's the same with DoT's. Some of them are complementary and it'll mean a group can easily burn down your tank; My tank character was always updated with quest rewards and I was healer specced - could hardly keep up the healing at times, why some other groups gave me no trouble and downtime at all.

It's why some planets are easier than others. From what I've seen, Alderaan loves to have you fight Rist Assassins and such, who are madly in love with internal DoTs above all else. Those rocket commandos who's spammable, insta-cast attack could knock you back a little time and again without fail.

That's the same with DoT's. Some of them are complementary and it'll mean a group can easily burn down your tank; My tank character was always updated with quest rewards and I was healer specced - could hardly keep up the healing at times, why some other groups gave me no trouble and downtime at all.

All tank companions are underpowered. IIRC in beta they had like 50% damage reduction and were fine, then few weeks before relase this damage reduction was remove entirely. Every since then you're almost always better off just bringing a healing companion and tank yourself, even if you're a glass cannon...