The FUTURE of this game.

sjwho

How cute. We have someone predicting doom when the new shiny comes out. Just like people were saying about this game on other boards six months ago. :rolleyes:

Just like they did for Vanguard, AOC, Warhammer, Champions, STO, DCUO, FF14 oh wait..the doomcallers seem to have a better track record then the fanbois dont they?

Edited by mezlabor

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always maintained the game is a solid single player action/adventure game. I never said it was a bad game, but it just doesn't have what it takes to keep players interested long-term. There just isnt' enough of a game left after the story is over, and that's why so many of us are saying it plays more like a single-player action/adventure game than a a real MMORPG.

Here I do not agree with you, it play like an MMO after level 50 for me I am a PvE guy, so the WoW theme park PvE is the same as the TOR Theme Park in that aspect with a little difference on the "story" points where you choose to do different things.

But it Plays for me as WoW and that is a MMO

Here I do not agree with you, it play like an MMO after level 50 for me I am a PvE guy, so the WoW theme park PvE is the same as the TOR Theme Park in that aspect with a little difference on the "story" points where you choose to do different things.

That's because you are a WoW player, I'm not.

I grew up playing the older MMORPGs that had a lot more empahsis on group-orietned gameplay and would eat you alive and spit you out if you tried to solo it. So I have a different perspetive than you.

Edited by JeremyDale

So in wow you cleared DS on your second week of raiding on HM? Better let those guys who have the world first that they actually don't have it. Even DS is harder on normal than the two raids we have on NMM. The only way to defferentiate the hardcore raiders in this game from the casuals is to check who didn't cancel their sub, there are the casuals.

Edited by Cynistra

This is the first time I agree with Spymaster ... where is the world going? wait, we are in 2012 now, it's going to end.

Wait the 2012 thing... I agree there too.... :eek: LoL

Seriously, You might have found something there, they were maybe trying to please everyone and failed at it? Trying to direct their game in different directions all at once made it a sub-par experience for alot of people? Am I understanding it right? Cause I think you might just be right.

Yeah I think you got it.... though I do think pleasing more than one group would have been possible, they just went about it really badly. Instead of making solo and group play two valid options in the game.... they try to steer you into doing both, assuming we can't decide for ourselves.

So now group players feel forced to solo for a large part of the game.... and solo players feel forced to group for anything meaningful. They kinda failed us both. :(

Edited by Spymaster

Wait the 2012 thing... I agree there too.... :eek: LoL

Yeah I think you got it.... though I do think pleasing more than one group would have been possible, they just went about it really badly. Instead of making solo and group play two valid options in the game.... they try to steer you into doing both, assuming we can't decide for ourselves.

So now group players feel forced to solo for a large part of the game.... and solo players feel forced to group for anything meaningful. They kinda failed us both. :(

Ya this was exactly what i meant, sorry if im not being 100% clear as it is 7AM here lol.

It's different from exactly no game which is exactly what I'd call an issue. This game could be much better than it already is if the actual developers would listen to what the community has to say. I don't want them to reply everywhere but they could at least show their presence. Look on how much feedback they get in their forums and how many dev posts there are in the dev tracker.

I agree that there are a lot of trolls and kids in these forums but replying to about every ten thousands thread is just not enough to gain the communities trust neither does it help in improving the game.

They have a way of receiving VALID input, if you have something to tell them you should use those channels. in teh dev tracker I see daily references to threads or issues brought on in general (for example the ability delay or the fps issues). They just aren't going to answer in General.

Some devs 8arenanet for example) don't even have a forum to avoid trolls :)

They have a way of receiving VALID input, if you have something to tell them you should use those channels. in teh dev tracker I see daily references to threads or issues brought on in general (for example the ability delay or the fps issues). They just aren't going to answer in General.

Some devs 8arenanet for example) don't even have a forum to avoid trolls :)

Because not coming to forums to avoid trolls means a healthy game right?

It's different from exactly no game which is exactly what I'd call an issue. This game could be much better than it already is if the actual developers would listen to what the community has to say. I don't want them to reply everywhere but they could at least show their presence. Look on how much feedback they get in their forums and how many dev posts there are in the dev tracker.

I agree that there are a lot of trolls and kids in these forums but replying to about every ten thousands thread is just not enough to gain the communities trust neither does it help in improving the game.

while i agree the game could be so much more people act like making a game is easy, most people who play only consider the stuff we get not the time it takes to make or the work they had already put into the game. i doubt they sat around half assing this game just so people can sit back and criticize them.

Just like they did for Vanguard, AOC, Warhammer, Champions, STO, DCUO, FF14 oh wait..the doomcallers seem to have a better track record then the fanbois dont they?

Aside from the fact that none of those games are dead and the blatant fact hat practically ALL of them came out unfinished and the servers were empty BEFORE the end of the month, I'd say you talk bull. Like most trolls. how much does it hurt that you can't kill this game and it's having a great success? A lot? A lot lot lot? Are you crying daily or every 2-3 days?

while i agree the game could be so much more people act like making a game is easy, most people who play only consider the stuff we get not the time it takes to make or the work they had already put into the game. i doubt they sat around half assing this game just so people can sit back and criticize them.

Developing games isn't easy true. But it's also not that difficult. It's mostly time consuming - so you have to set priorities.

And if Bioware was interested in really developing a MMORPG that will last a decade like they boasted, they set all of the wrong priorities.

Aside from the fact that none of those games are dead and the blatant fact hat practically ALL of them came out unfinished and the servers were empty BEFORE the end of the month, I'd say you talk bull. Like most trolls. how much does it hurt that you can't kill this game and it's having a great success? A lot? A lot lot lot? Are you crying daily or every 2-3 days?

I must agree that this game has more success than most other MMORPGs but please take a look at this: http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/ Wanna repeat "great success"? There are a lot of people who like the game (including myself) but if you want this game to be a great success a lot of work is necessary.

Edited by Cyclonit

Not even close to crying. AOC devs said themselves before launch they would consider anything less then a million subs a flop. Considering its f2p now Id say it flopped hard. STO and Champions both f2p. Warhammer on lifesupport Vanguard on life support FF14 the devs had to make the game free for a year that's pretty bad.

I dont think this game will wind up as bad as them either. I think it will manage a healthy 600-700k subs maybe hit a million again in a year or so. I think there's enough rabid star wars fans that will be serviced by this game to keep it going. I think the hardcore raiders and the hardcore pvp crowd will leave.

This game capitalizes on the SW IP better then SWG did and that alone will keep it running.

I think as a kotor game its ok I think as an mmo it needs a lot of work that it will receive. But its too generic and derivative to keep my attention past the story lines. I think there's a lot of other people who think the same.

And next time just laugh at the joke instead of going into a butt hurt rage.

Edited by mezlabor

I must agree that this game has more success than most other MMORPGs but please take a look at this: http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/ Wanna repeat "great success"? There are a lot of people who like the game (including myself) but if you want this game to be a great success a lot of work is necessary.

Is it me or it shows population cut by half? Or is it hours spent in game? which could just be biased by the holiday season?

That graph is pointless, it only measures the 'levels' of occupation but doesn't count the changes in servers cap, as explained thousand of times.

just give up, it's not working

Not even close to crying. AOC devs said themselves before launch they would consider anything less then a million subs a flop. Considering its f2p now Id say it flopped hard. STO and Champions both f2p. Warhammer on lifesupport Vanguard on life support FF14 the devs had to make the game free for a year that's pretty bad.

I dont think this game will wind up as bad as them either. I think it will manage a healthy 600-700k subs maybe hit a million again in a year or so. I think there's enough rabid star wars fans that will be serviced by this game to keep it going. I think the hardcore raiders and the hardcore pvp crowd will leave.

This game capitalizes on the SW IP better then SWG did and that alone will keep it running.

I think as a kotor game its ok I think as an mmo it needs a lot of work that it will receive. But its too generic and derivative to keep my attention past the story lines. I think there's a lot of other people who think the same.

And next time just laugh at the joke instead of going into a butt hurt rage.

So... You admit this game will have between 500K and 1million players, so.... how is that a failure? Oh cmon, you must be crying a bit,just a little bit?

So... You admit this game will have between 500K and 1million players, so.... how is that a failure? Oh cmon, you must be crying a bit,just a little bit?

Considering this game costed 20 times the average mmo, we can't call that a huge success either, can we?

Edited by Cynistra

Let me predict the future by release dates. Sounds odd doesn't it?

3/6/2012. Mass Effect 3.

-You will lose half your pve fanbase if not more. ANY pve goodies in this game are already dwarfed by ME 1 and 2. 3 now has co-op. GOODBYE PVE.

Summer/Fall 2012.

-You will lose all your PVP. That is, if people don't get fed up with the horrible statis of it as is. Guild Wars 2 will, of course, destroy this game's pvp in every way from graphics to gameplay to sound. Though i doubt many people will stick to this game's pvp when its pretty bad as is.

GOODBYE PVP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That is, if its not F2P in the next 6 months.

What I like the best about this is that I just couldn't care less what you think. :D Rest of us are having a blast and will continue to do so without the slightest thought of you. There's some apples for ya.