Unable to preload - no active account?

Sigvardt

I am starting to get mighty pissed off at Bioware/EA even before the game launch. I did a preorder yesterday, got my code, made an account, redeemed the code and began downloading the client.

Today when I get home from work I launch the client to download the rest. Now it says I have no active account and wont download.

Puzzled I go to my account and under Pre-Order it says:

You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

But the client keeps refusing to download the rest of the game.

Based on the preorder info you will get in probalby close to the 20th. If you read the preorder info on the website etc you will see its a staged lauch, meaning they will be allow the first people that preordered in first than last people will be the ones that were last to preorder. you will be waiting for a few days sad to say.

I'll bet your launcher is already updated. You won't get into the game however until late in the EGA since you pre-ordered and registered yesterday. The people who are getting into the game right now are the ones who pre-ordered and registered WAY back in July on or around the 21st. Since that time pre-ordered code registrations levelled out a lot. This means that there are a TON of people getting in today but as the week progresses the people who ordered late will get in too. Hopefully you ordered through Origin so you won't have to wait through the X'mas mail rush to get your disks so you can play after the 20th...like me...

Because it is. Ladies and gentlemen the problem exists between the keyboard and chair!

Wrong!

The client is 25GB in size. I have 18,4 GB downloaded. When I stopped last night It was about the download English Game Assets 16. When I got home today it brieflt began downloading that item then stopped saying the following:

There is currently no active subscription on this account. Activate your account here.

I was under the impression from the advertisement that I would get access on december 15, which now seems to be nothing short of a lie, but we'll see.

But I should still be able to preload the entire game and be ready when I do get access.

Wrong!

The client is 25GB in size. I have 18,4 GB downloaded. When I stopped last night It was about the download English Game Assets 16. When I got home today it brieflt began downloading that item then stopped saying the following:

There is currently no active subscription on this account. Activate your account here.

I was under the impression from the advertisement that I would get access on december 15, which now seems to be nothing short of a lie, but we'll see.

But I should still be able to preload the entire game and be ready when I do get access.

Here we go again.

Is the message displayed (see support forum sticky or google....) when the client has fully DL'd and is in stand by mode.

You have no access yet and Bioware says UP to 5 days NOT 5 DAYS

You Pre-ordered yesterday you may get it on the 19th Dec.

I pre-ordered 31 July and I will be lucky to get it tomorow or Thursday.

Not sure why. I've been sitting at 18.4gb myself. Even the first day when they sent out "pre-load" emails. I started that day. I check everyday for any last updates. I've also been informed that the game will be 30gb. Honestly. I think it's because they are holding 10gb back for launch on the 20th. These could be end game content along the lines of Operations that probably don't need to be out on the first day.

So since we are both sitting at 18gb. We can both wait. I'm sure that when out accounts are activated for "Play" then we can see if there is any last 10gb to download. Until then. Theres lots of other things to do. As many other people have also said. Since your preorder was so recent. Just wait until the 18/19 for your email for EGA.

Not sure why. I've been sitting at 18.4gb myself. Even the first day when they sent out "pre-load" emails. I started that day. I check everyday for any last updates. I've also been informed that the game will be 30gb. Honestly. I think it's because they are holding 10gb back for launch on the 20th. These could be end game content along the lines of Operations that probably don't need to be out on the first day.

So since we are both sitting at 18gb. We can both wait. I'm sure that when out accounts are activated for "Play" then we can see if there is any last 10gb to download. Until then. Theres lots of other things to do. As many other people have also said. Since your preorder was so recent. Just wait until the 18/19 for your email for EGA.

The info I got when I began was 25GB so that is what I am expecting. If you have the same amount as me then, based on what the person above you says, it's what we are supposed to have now. I'll just have to wait for the e-mail and see if it downloads more data then.

Wrong!

Wrong! The 25GB is with all language packs you ninny! 18,4 GiB = Full retail client, as people have been discussing on this forums since the emails about nov 25 beta test and later can patch to launch client came out.

Do you want me to spell out the number of ways you are wrong, since your English reading comprehension may be a bit subpar. (IF you do comprehend English well you'll see what I did there.)

As per the previous stickies...

Game will be 25gb if you patched from 1st beta to current betta due to files wasting space that are no longer needed..

I think everyones installation is between 18gb and 25gb depending on how much patching you have done.

As you have just loaded the launch client, it sounds like it is all up to date and doesn't need much else doing.

Wrong!

A: The client is 18.4GB so you are finished, you are the one wrong.

B no you will not be garunteed access on the 15th nor does the advert say that, before the extra 2 days it said early access starts on the 15th and they let people in based on order of preorder code redemption. Hence the "up to 5 days"

Edited by paspinall

The client is 18.5GB.

You need 27GB free when downloading it, because the launcher uncompresses the files into a temporary directory while installing.

After the install finishes, it deletes that temp directory, and the overall size goes down.

Edited by Taelin

The info I got when I began was 25GB so that is what I am expecting. If you have the same amount as me then, based on what the person above you says, it's what we are supposed to have now. I'll just have to wait for the e-mail and see if it downloads more data then.

Download size and installed size are two different things. It may have downloaded 25GB, but only used up 18GB of space after it was installed. 18.4GB is about the size that your game folders should be. You are done patching and ready to play once you are allowed in.

Now, since you only just pre ordered yesterday, don't expect to play before the 19th. As you can read in the pre order FAQ, people are let in throughout the early access period based on when you pre ordered. People have been pre Ordering since July, I myself pre ordered in September and do not expect to get in for another couple of days.

If this upsets you I am sorry but just re-read the FAQ and you will see it to be true. You are not the first person to post about this and you are not the first person to have gotten the wrong idea when reading the pre order information.

Wrong! The 25GB is with all language packs you ninny! 18,4 GiB = Full retail client, as people have been discussing on this forums since the emails about nov 25 beta test and later can patch to launch client came out.

Do you want me to spell out the number of ways you are wrong, since your English reading comprehension may be a bit subpar. (IF you do comprehend English well you'll see what I did there.)

Hvordan er dit dansk?

Edit:

At any rate. Based on what a lot of people are saying the client is supposed to be 18.4/5 GB in size.

So I am done. That info shold have been in the e-mail or the account page where you download the client.

Edited by Sigvardt

you just preordere so you wont get pre game access till monday

That would be absurd as they had on their website "pre-order and you can play up to 5days in advance." Now why would they leave that there if they know there are unwilling to give you head start. Unless they just want to make a habit of lying to customers before the whole thing even begins which will get ugly quick.

Edited by Runfromchron

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.