Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

It finally happened!

dadeeyoh

Class population is NOT correlative with class power...

This simplistic concept continually eludes the logical processes of the impaired mind of those suffering from confirmation bias.

Yes because all those PvPers rolled it for the 'story.' Because we all know how much PvPers love 'story.' Oh and having cool lightning.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes because all those PvPers rolled it for the 'story.' Because we all know how much PvPers love 'story.' Oh and having cool lightning.

Your opinion is based on subjective criteria that is selected in order to reinforce the preconceived result you anticipated. It is therefore completely useless when attempting to form an informed opinion based on actual metrics and is furthermore disallowed when engaging in logical debate. You are welcome to keep it and share it, but don't expect any rational beings to acknowledge it.

There are many diverse factors involved with regard to class population, including but not limited to:

Playstyle Preference

Story Preference

"Coolness" Factor

Power Level

Perceived Power Level

ALL of these factors directly affect class population which suggests that none of them have a strictly causual relationship.

well you know... when i put 440k damage as a marauder, due to my almost 5k crits and I cant kill a lad whom is standing just there and healing.. then its something wrong with the balance... yeah, sorc btw...

Yeah I would agree, you probably shouldn't be able to do 440k. Nerf Marauder.

http://imgur.com/OqPoT

This is not a full team screen shot but 6/8 should be indicative enough.

Errai in that post is an assasin. 5/8 is not 8/8. hey look, we have another example of someone who is bad and gets demolished by a glass cannon making up lies about the sorc class. WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! Did they use their ranged aoe cc and 4k ticking chain lightning to defeat you? Did they cast their 7k absorbing bubble and use their instant cast full health heal?

bad kids are bad.

/thread

I was in a war zone against 8 Sorcerers. Not a single other class was on the opposing team.

Oh what a grand sight it was. So much electricity/bubbles/healing/cc/knock back/force speed. Seriously can no one at Bioware see what is going on here? There is a reason so many people play Sorcerer's and sages. They have so many tools. There is no down side to playing one.

Cry more please. 8 of any stacked class would be annoying.

I am geared as well. I should at least have him get worried enough to even fight back.. I mean really.

Why? He may have felt taking you out of the fight was enough, or maybe he was trying to heal others also, or possibly that he didn't feel he had enough resources to keep himself up and DPS you down. There are plenty of reasons why he would not have tried to dps you back.

The problem is the gunslinger/OP class got nerfed insanely hard. They were the perfect Sorcerer counter and unfortunately now they are nerfed Sorcerer's have free reign.

I've read the patch notes. Doesn't seem like that bad a nerf. Did I miss something?

Why? He may have felt taking you out of the fight was enough, or maybe he was trying to heal others also, or possibly that he didn't feel he had enough resources to keep himself up and DPS you down. There are plenty of reasons why he would not have tried to dps you back.

I just think any class should be able to take out any other class if you use all the skills of your class and are a good player. I don't think I suck. I would say I am average. Do about 100K to 175K in damage a game at about 280 expertise lvl. But the fact that I didn't even get him to move away from me and just sit there and take damage tells me that he for one knows his class is stronger then my class which would not be the case if he believed we were at all even.

It is like me playing with my 5 year old. I hold him by the top of the head and let him swing away at me knowing he can't do anything to me. Now if it was someone of my size (I still think I could take him) but I would have to try.

soon u going to see 8 merc in WZ and all pew pew tracking missles

At least you can take these guys out when you get in close. After they use jet blast, rocket punch and electric shock they blow their wad and if your anywhere near them after that it is easy pickings! Now so with sorcs.

Errai in that post is an assasin. 5/8 is not 8/8. hey look, we have another example of someone who is bad and gets demolished by a glass cannon making up lies about the sorc class. WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! Did they use their ranged aoe cc and 4k ticking chain lightning to defeat you? Did they cast their 7k absorbing bubble and use their instant cast full health heal?

bad kids are bad.

/thread

This guy lol.... Hey everyone come look! We got a billy bad *** here. No seriously did you just pull out the old "your bad so your complaint isn't justified" bit. Well here is what I see in this post as does anyone with half a brain.

Im a butthurt sorcerer that has been on the receiving end of an 8k crit once or twice when i was lvl 34 lvl'ing up. Since im such a tool the only memories i remember are bad ones so all those times i was below level 50 in a war zone against a competent Scoundrel with some pvp gear I have nightmares about them, and from this point on im going to go on a crusade to end the tyranny that is me not winning at everything.

Anyways your funny guy.

Me and other 5 friends re-rolled Sorcs, they are pretty much the best class in the game, and it will NEVER get nerfted...

Because is not a DMG/Surv issue, is a class than need a full re-work and Bioware cant even fix the problem of WZ not counting for the Daily you think they will fix Sorcs/Sages soon?...

So re-roll a Sorc and stop your stress, they can do everything too, DPS, Heal and Support in PVE you just need a tank and a OPS full of Sorc, no point of inviting another class...

The sorc is a pretty crazy class. It makes bad players good with all of the utility available to it. I would start with reducing the cc/sprint options available, and adjusting the shield (17-20 sec cd with up to 5k dmg is insane). The class is supposed to be squishy but there not.

The sorc is a pretty crazy class. It makes bad players good with all of the utility available to it. I would start with reducing the cc/sprint options available, and adjusting the shield (17-20 sec cd with up to 5k dmg is insane). The class is supposed to be squishy but there not.

They are super squishy and are rooted after almost every GCD. If you can't close the gap with all those free roots then you forgot to keybind about 60% of your skills. Or maybe you just forgot to run towards him?

This guy lol.... Hey everyone come look! We got a billy bad *** here. No seriously did you just pull out the old "your bad so your complaint isn't justified" bit. Well here is what I see in this post as does anyone with half a brain.

Im a butthurt sorcerer that has been on the receiving end of an 8k crit once or twice when i was lvl 34 lvl'ing up. Since im such a tool the only memories i remember are bad ones so all those times i was below level 50 in a war zone against a competent Scoundrel with some pvp gear I have nightmares about them, and from this point on im going to go on a crusade to end the tyranny that is me not winning at everything.

Anyways your funny guy.

lol I'd avoid the fact that you were lying about 8/8 sorcerers too. We get it, you're bad. Just go away.

Screenshot?

I've seen Sorcerer's decline more and more on Scepter of Ragnos, I was the only one the other day, with 3 juggernauts, 2 ops and 2 mercs :D

I agree- I haven't been seeing as many around either. I'm sure its possible, but even a blind squirrel gets a nut eventually.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that a lot of people player sorcers. While there's no doubt you can attribute some of this to them being a strong class, it's not all that.

1. It's a force/light saber wielding class. A lot of people interested in star wars are into this.

2. It's the only "wizard' in the game. Anyone who likes playing magic users pretty much has only this option.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.