THIS is SO TRUE !

Toxsicking

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing. To me, WoW is toxic. Unless players get over their obsession with it, their mind is clouded by it when they start playing a new MMO. Did he expect this game to deliver in 2 months, what Blizzard managed to deliver in 7 years? Ironically, everyone I've known that was still a WoW subscriber, has quit this game. It's not what they want, and that's fine because WoW was what they wanted. They want a perfected, developed, matured game; and sorry, you won't find that in many newly released MMOs. So the best option for these people is to unsuscribe and come back 6 to 12 months later for something more polished.

I just hope these people don't pollute the GW2 and Tera forums when they release.

I find it amazing that so many people claim to hate WoW while playing a game that is exactly like it.

68.5 hours in SWTor to get your 2 hand weapon...i remember it taking me 4-5 months to get my GM weapons in WoW. and we're talking 14+ hour day grinding the last 2 -4 weeks .. and that was the first 2 years of wow .

GM weapons were great. You grind 68.5 hours in TOR just to get your CENTURION weapon, the worst of the PvP weapons. Unless you get lucky, of course.

See the difference?

Edited by EternalFinality

I don't like WoW and haven't played it for years, but it is the standard level common players are used to. And he points out some of those very annoying things in this game and I think he is absolutely right most of the time.

Ilum should be closed immediately until they have converted it into a battle zone or something that works. Currently it's like "Killtrade Killtrade Killtrade..." bla bla ... and has NOTHING to do with players fighting against each other.

Edited by Venlo

the guy in the video really needs to go through the options menu and change things around instead of just complaining about things that can be changed already. Also, he doesn't enjoy healing...then change class. Try a diverent build of healer. The guys has based his entire complainfest on one single build. I first played a consular...I didn't enjoy it so rather than complain and unsubscribe I switch to trooper and am now loving it. So much so that I made a second trooper just so I can run him as a vanguard and choose the darkside options. Just because you hate one build is no reason to unsub.

Also, he is comparing swtor to a game thats been out for many years now. Ofcourse wow does some things better, they have had time to learn and implement fixes. However, considering the timeframe that swtor has been out for, they are doing far better than wow did at the same time.

Seriously? who plays a game for the fun animations? And even in that case how is a holy paladin more fun than a sith hacking and slacing with a lightsaber in terms of animation?

WoW's decadance is making its community a really aggresive one imho.

Seriously? who plays a game for the fun animations? And even in that case how is a holy paladin more fun than a sith hacking and slacing with a lightsaber in terms of animation?

WoW's decadance is making its community a really aggresive one imho.

If you compare mercenary healing to holy paladin healing, you should see a HUGE difference. That was my experience.

So... I watched until the part where he complained about Huttball and the knockbacks, and the stuns....

And stopped.

Why? This guy wants WoW in space.

I've played a ton of huttball (imp here, valor rank 59) and yeah, knockbacks are a huge part of playing huttball... and to a lesser extent voidstar, civil war. But seriously, complaining because they aren't unique? Complaining because people use them to knock the ball carrier off? Its a new game, and those things aren't that hard to adapt to.

Maybe this guy should just do the space missions... on rails, with no one that could ever do anything to annoy him.

Truthfully, maybe he just started with a bad example of why he doesn't like the game, because there are certainly bugs and horrible designed/implemented features.

Unfortunately, given that he started with the knockbacks, I can't take him seriously enough to continue to watch the video.

HE got banned because of that video(sry but banning 1 guy for trading and leaving 1000 exploiters and afkers alone isnt proof that bioware did it for just reasons... they did it because of his video)

I made a thread about his ban but it got down because like any capitalistic company you are not allowed to talk about how unfair they handle things so if you talk about a guy that got banned for profit reasons from a capitalistic company is bad

Stop claiming that. He got banned because he wanted to trade SWToR credits against WoW gold and even he knows and tells it, so stop telling this.

Edit: But i'm with you on the deleted topic thing. It's one thing to delete spam and insults, but another to delete whole discussions about such things.

Edited by Ghoschdi

Stop claiming that. He got banned because he wanted to trade SWToR credits against WoW gold and even he knows and tells it, so stop telling this.

i guess you dont have the brain capacity to understand but do you remember the 100 exploiters, afkers that HAVENT BEEN BANNED for a long time???? SO you thing its totally logical that they suddenly decided to PERMA ban someone for trading.... its the video that caused the banning not the act... it was just an excuse

HE got banned because of that video(sry but banning 1 guy for trading and leaving 1000 exploiters and afkers alone isnt proof that bioware did it for just reasons... they did it because of his video)

I made a thread about his ban but it got down because like any capitalistic company you are not allowed to talk about how unfair they handle things so if you talk about a guy that got banned for profit reasons from a capitalistic company is bad

Lol what do you expect from Biofail. Dont worry look upon the horizon for Tera Beta aswell Guild Wars 2!

i guess you dont have the brain capacity to understand but do you remember the 100 exploiters, afkers that HAVENT BEEN BANNED for a long time???? SO you thing its totally logical that they suddenly decided to PERMA ban someone for trading.... its the video that caused the banning not the act... it was just an excuse

For sure *g* Ask him about his friend Swifty and how he got banned from WoW because of a video he made and this crashed their server (not his fault, but the mass of his fans joining him). And afterwards tell him he should try to step up on BW and argue with them. Then we might have a point of discussion, now all we have is conspiracy theories

Edited by Ghoschdi

Weird this guy's description about time consumption and frustration with dying so quickly when trying to get pvp gear was always my exact reasoning for not doing PvP in wow.

I would go into BGs with best in slot PvE gear attempting to get resilience only to get repeatedly stomped.

Then in WoW there came a time when I learned to get best in slot pvp gear in order to stand a chance against some of the people in BGs ...

you had to go out of your way to arrange arena teams and ...

in order to do that you had to have resilence gear but ...

in order to have resilience gear you have to get stomped by the people already geared all day... vicious circle ending in my quitting of pvp in wow (along with long queue times from faction imbalance which this game is the first to fix)

I got a full set of champion in around 3 days of pvp ... so this guy is huffing something about the drop rate. 70% of my bags give me stuff ... I have 6 unused pvp relic tokens in my bags along with an assortment of other unused tokens. (and I havent even pvp'ed my way to battlemaster)

Skill animations are amazing ... he tried to say otherwise by insulting the only skills without animations ... the generic heals. The merc heals he didnt insult have pretty cool animations... the circular cage thing and the green spray stuff to describe two.

Ability delay has been fixed ... though I do agree it was unplayable before it.

I just ran through imperial fleet spamming my bags and charcter screen and got no lag so I assume they fixed that ... how someone figured that out in the first place is beyond me ... derp ima go spamming my bags and see if that lags me. and dont reply that it lagged you if you even did it once because I have played since beta and never lagged from it.

Merc is the wrong advanced class on which to judge the healing of this game... its dreadfully boring ... someone should have warned him lol. He would still be playing if he knew how fun sorc healing was.

He talked about difficulty of healing rotations ... I am going to say the exact opposite ... the healing rotations in WoW were lulz easy... instead of worrying about cooldowns youre way more concerned with skill resources and CC than wow...

this game is built on CC and if he stuck around to play against some good premades he would have learned that quickly

being Ex-wow pvp'er for 6-7 years star wars has a long way to go.

Limited class specific spells, and too many knockbacks!

He's right, where is the fun in being 2 hit by agent when you have best pvp gear, or stunned and knocked back continually.

It should have been a single player game, as the levelling experience was great.

This is my View, and understandably we all differ.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.