The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Battlemaster stats are trash

flinkytheking

what shoulder biter came up with the acc/crit or acc/pwr mods and enhancements? this is pretty much one of the worst itemizations ive ever seen. grats on making my custom crit surge champion gear better than BM.

Fortunately there is only a minor stat difference on enhancements between rank 24 and rank 25 (2 endurance, 3 tertiary, and 1 secondary tertiary). If Battlemaster gear is rank 2, then the enhancements you can pull out of Champion gear is rank 1.9.

And since there is a rank 25 crit mod, there's not really a problem.

I agree that it's retarded that Bioware only made 10 rank 25 enhancements available to players (2 of which are duplicates, meaning only 8 unique enhancements), and some of them are simply retarded (Surge and Defense? Really?). But at least there isn't a huge difference between Rank 24 and 25.

I have more on this over in my pvp gearing thread (and it's what loaned the thread its title) PvP Gear Min/Maxing or: How I Learned to Love Champ Gear

Just want to add that mods with Defence and Surge or Absorb and Crit are great for us that are Shield/Assault vanguards.

Anything that can incrase the damage of Stockstrike and HIB are welcome, while at the same time increasing our defence.

Problem is they should have made more variations.

And above all, accuracy belongs on PVE sets, not on PVP sets.

But its not too bad I assume. Or nahh, pretty moot.

But if we take a super commando vanguard tank, like me, where 15%+ defence is not an issue to get, that means that if you have 0 accuracy, you have 85% chance to hit with your special abilities and 75% to hit with your baseline attack. Thats ALOT of damage mitigation just there.

Thats for another discussion though.

Luckily you can move them.

If you subscribe to the conclusion that crit in the range of 300-400 and surge of the order of 150 is optimum, with the excess going to power, the stats on BM main gear is fine. The optimum would be merely to swap 1 enhancement out of either champion combat tech helmet or gauntlets (crit surge) to replace 1 of any of the BM main slot gear. That's because you get adequate crit/surge from ear and implants, adding to the crit you get from 3 of the 5 main slot pieces of combat tech.

Note that the same applies to eliminator as well as both combat tech and eliminator gives 144 crit from main slots.

If you subscribe to the conclusion that crit in the range of 300-400 and surge of the order of 150 is optimum, with the excess going to power, the stats on BM main gear is fine. The optimum would be merely to swap 1 enhancement out of either champion combat tech helmet or gauntlets (crit surge) to replace 1 of any of the BM main slot gear. That's because you get adequate crit/surge from ear and implants, adding to the crit you get from 3 of the 5 main slot pieces of combat tech.

Note that the same applies to eliminator as well as both combat tech and eliminator gives 144 crit from main slots.

The problem is that with the 5 main gear pieces all having accuracy on them (plus the ear piece having accuracy on it) you end up with more than double the accuracy you need for PvP. With just those 6 pieces you have 306 accuracy, and for (in most cases) 100% hit rate in PvP you only need 150 accuracy.

That 150 extra accuracy could be put into surge for a very real damage boost if the rank 25 enhancements followed the same itemization as rank 24 enhancements (Rank 24 has Surge/Crit and Surge/Power enhancements in addition to Accuracy/Crit and Accuracy/Power which are the only 2 types available at rank 25).

Honestly I think they did this so we look forward to next set of gear. If they gave us optimal stats now, there would be no reason to get next tier. All their encounter in PvE are based around those piece of gear. Even the Columi tank weapon has acc on it, had to swap it for one with shield rating + defense.

Bad stats will make you look forward to new gear!

Edited by Gustomucho

Bad stats will make you look forward to new gear!

So the next Tier will habe Bad Stats, too. To make us look for the follow up tier?

Not going to happen.

Make Battlemaster Satchel drop Modifikations and Enhancements to switch those Stats we do not need on our gear.

So the next Tier will habe Bad Stats, too. To make us look for the follow up tier?

Not going to happen.

Make Battlemaster Satchel drop Modifikations and Enhancements to switch those Stats we do not need on our gear.

I'd rather they set up the BM gear vendor to have something like:

Helm/Chest/Legs armor plate - 2 comms

Gloves/Boots armor plate - 1 comm with expertise

Wrist/Belt armor plate - 200/200 comms like the implants and ear pieces

Enhancements - 1 comm 10 types:

• Acc, Crit, low End
  • Acc, Pow, low End
  • Alacrity, Crit, low End
  • Alacrity, Power, low End
  • Surge, Crit, low End
  • Surge, Pow, low End
  • Shield, Defense, high End
  • Shield, Absorb, high End
  • Acc, Crit, high End
  • Acc, Pow, high End

Mods - 1 comm 4 types (Absorbtion, Crit, Defense, Power)

The only change here being that they remove some of the confusing rank 25 enhancements (no more Surge/Defense or Alacrity/Power high End, and remove the doubles on Acc/Crit low End and Alacrity/Crit low End) and add in 4 to replace those (Surge/Crit, Surge/Power, Shield/Defense, and Shield/Absorb) all 4 of those exist in rank 24 (except Shield/Absorb) but for some reason are missing in rank 25. :confused:

Boom, problem solved. Only downside is that it would now take 1 more comm to fully gear most of your pieces.

I'm hoping they do something like this once they modify the system to allow end game gear to be fully modded.