The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What SWTOR will be

Sarfux

I remember seeing posts like this in the Vangard: SoH forum not long after release.

Funny I remember seeing these on the World of Warcraft forums after release. Even after the flood of hate posts due to servers being down for DAYS.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

illum crap will continue to grow.. thats it? More crap? :)

I never saw such a poor development in terms of quality.

2 bases, 2 turrets, couple vehicles that dont do crap... poor poor poor

Hope this poorness will continue to grow.

Keep up supporting poor development cause "hey, this game will be great... lets pay for ****, so someday, **** can become caviar that tastes like ****"

illum crap will continue to grow.. thats it? More crap? :)

I never saw such a poor development in terms of quality.

2 bases, 2 turrets, couple vehicles that dont do crap... poor poor poor

Hope this poorness will continue to grow.

Keep up supporting poor development cause "hey, this game will be great... lets pay for ****, so someday, **** can become caviar that tastes like ****"

well you wow players have been supporting poor development for years, but you cant call reskinned old content development can you?

if you dont like the game, why are you still posting here, thats right i know, becuase the mmo that you enjoy playing is so dam good you feel you need to spend your time here posting poop.

You fail to see over 2 million people did give the game a change.

Its not that people didnt give the game a chance its that Bioware took advantage of people wanting a star wars MMO and hyped it up and then gave us this garbage. I am not going to wait 2-6 months for something that should have been in the game from launch.

Just because we are not willing to keep paying $15 dollars a month to hopefully get something added to the game is not us not giving the game a chance.

Bioware had a chance to push itself into the MMO scene with the star wars name. All they did was give us a lemon without a glass so we cant even make our own lemon-aid.

You fail to see that 1.7 Million subscribers is a MASSIVE retention rate.

You can talk all you want, but with this many people playing, it's going to continue to do great.

Take a look at these forums, there are maybe what? 10,000 concurrent users IF that, probably much lower.

10,000 vs 1,700,000 = is roughly .6%

Lets say there is a total of 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE) complaining, that is still only a grand total of just under 3% of the population playing.

Personally, if these forums whine all day long, I still don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Doubt it... it's a decent game but honestly it's nothing special, and if you think it is you're seeing it through rose-coloured glasses.

Why?

If we don't have the same opinion as you, we must be weird or different?

When will you haters figure out you're the odd man out.

Ignorance is bliss i'd say. A steady launch is the most imported thing for an MMO, and the first month/two months after release. If the reputation gets smeared, it will have lasting effects (Dragon age 2 anyone?). Fixing bugs like crazy after each patch doesn't exactly spell "professional" or "competent". I don't mean to bad-talk one of my favorite game developers, but how they've been handling this game well let's just say it sure doesn't seem with the long-term in mind.

Is it that?

Or is it a smaller group of people want it to fail.

People are blowing things WAY out of context, and making massive deals over things that shouldn't matter.

95% of the game is playable, but the 5% that isn't is just to much for some to handle. It's a joke to see that so many have such little experience with MMO's. Even more of a joke that those who do have experience with it, won't recognize that this is pretty standard protocol for a MMO release.

Why?

If we don't have the same opinion as you, we must be weird or different?

When will you haters figure out you're the odd man out.

It's one thing to like the game (guess what, I do) and think it has a decent life ahead of it

It's another to claim that the game is incredible, amazing, Bioware is fantastic and doing a great job, best MMO of all time, screw you 'haters and trolls', 'game of the new generation' [lol], etc etc.

Edited by Esaru

Is it that?

Or is it a smaller group of people want it to fail.

People are blowing things WAY out of context, and making massive deals over things that shouldn't matter.

95% of the game is playable, but the 5% that isn't is just to much for some to handle. It's a joke to see that so many have such little experience with MMO's. Even more of a joke that those who do have experience with it, won't recognize that this is pretty standard protocol for a MMO release.

The game has major fundamental issues that don't really go away unless major overhauls are being done (and we're currently barely seeing any progress whatsoever). And even if these things are fixed, people move on and find other games to play because most sensible people realize paying 15$ a month for broken and unfinished content isn't worth it. WAR is a prime example of this, as are many other MMO launches.

Edited by Esaru

It's one thing to like the game (guess what, I do) and think it has a decent life ahead of it

It's another to claim that the game is incrdible, amazing, Bioware is fantastic and doing a great job, best MMO of all time, screw you 'haters and trolls', etc etc.

but it is a great game and bioware are doing a good job, there fixing problems

wow lost 1.7 million subs last year, this number may go up or down in a few hours when we see the Q4 numbers, so the king is bleeding out. so good job bioware keep sticking it to the man

While I'm on board and enjoying the game and hope the OP is right...

My experience tells me that this is mostly out of BW's hands. If left alone, I agree that the game will be fine. But if LucasArts deems so, they could make BW completely redo game mechanics and then cancel the license and force the closure of game servers even if there is a healthy subscription base still playing.

It's happened once before to a perfectly good Star Wars game. Obviously I'm here and playing but I won't pretend that this game will last more than 5 or 6 years with LA having anything to do with it.

The game has major fundamental issues that don't really go away unless major overhauls are being done (and we're currently barely seeing any progress whatsoever). And even if these things are fixed, people move on and find other games to play. WAR is a prime example of this, as are many other MMO launches.

Give me some examples of what you think major issues are that aren't being addressed.

You can talk all you want, but with this many people playing, it's going to continue to do great.

Take a look at these forums, there are maybe what? 10,000 concurrent users IF that, probably much lower.

Lets say there is a total of 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE) complaining, that is still only a grand total of just under 3% of the population playing.

Personally, if these forums whine all day long, I still don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Give me some examples of what you think major issues are that aren't being addressed.

That 1.7 million subscribers was for the first month. The problem with this game isn't its short term potential (yes, the game is currently doing well) but its long term potential. What about the numbers 3 months from now? 6? I guarantee they will tell a different story

Your claim that there are 10k concurrent forum users is interesting considering some threads have over 500k views (yeah, some viewed it twice, but you're delusional if you think everyone viewed it 50 times).

Most people who complain, in fact, either just drop the game completely or only let their friends and people who they're playing with know. You make the assumption that if they're not on the forums complaining then they're not complaining at all, which is ridiculous.

I don't pretend to know where this game is going to go (unlike you). We will see in time. But to claim that this game is going to be successful 2 years down the line because the FIRST MONTH subscription numbers are high is insane. Especially considering that the problems with this game are with the longevity, not the 1-50 experience.

Edited by Esaru

1.7 million? I have doubts as to find a group sucks on the server I play.

In fact I got bored trying to find groups waiting in the fleet seeing some 100 people .

I just stoped my account because of this.

The storyline was nice though didnt get annoyed leveling.

LOL ya. Interesting how some either forget or fudge their resumes pretending they were there. That's RP I suppose.

WoW shipped with zero PvP BGs and no WPVP. Gurubashi was added a month after release, a PvP honor system didn't exist until 5 months after release and the first battlegrounds (ATV & Warsong) weren't added until 6 months after release. Other than Ony there was no end game for 14 months until AQ was patched in. Regional world bosses Azuregos and Kazzak weren't added until 4 months after release. The game launched with 8 dungeons (Scarlet, BFD, Gnomer, Ulda, ST, RFD, BRS & Strat) and Mara was added with Gurubashi. That's 9 dungeons, 1 raid boss & 1 PvP battleground at this time in it's lifecycle.

In WoWspeak, TOR already has 9 dungeons (Esseles, BT, Hammer, Athiss, MR, Cad, BP, T5 and D7); 12 world boss raids (SD-0, The First, Subject Alpha, Grandfather, Trapjaw, R4-DL, Ulgo, Warbot, Ancient One, Snowblind, Gargath & Destroyer); 2 end game raids (EV and KP); 3 battlegrounds (BA, Huttball and VS) and a space daily minigame. One could surmise that the ship's many item slots are reserved for more than rail quests from a gunnery chair.

WoW even overhauled their model and animation system 2 months before release and it took them a year to get it right.

By Memorial day TOR should have a workably customizable UI, a handle on the combat mechanics & fp/ops bugs, a mature server transfer system, seriously improved PvP and even more FPs and end game Ops content. It's considerably better than what doomsaying trolls and moles would want us to believe - especially at this early stage of its evolution.

Now were BioWare to eventually open up space to free flight, squadron fps, armada ops & PvP ... then SWTOR could easily become a 300lb gorilla. There will never be another 600lb one.

This thread should end with this amazing post.

You fail to see over 2 million people did give the game a change.

Its not that people didnt give the game a chance its that Bioware took advantage of people wanting a star wars MMO and hyped it up and then gave us this garbage. I am not going to wait 2-6 months for something that should have been in the game from launch.

Just because we are not willing to keep paying $15 dollars a month to hopefully get something added to the game is not us not giving the game a chance.

Bioware had a chance to push itself into the MMO scene with the star wars name. All they did was give us a lemon without a glass so we cant even make our own lemon-aid.

Is the game not fun for you? All of these features will be nice additions. I can wait right now cause i'm having fun with the CURRENT content. You people I swear.

That 1.7 million subscribers was for the first month. The problem with this game isn't its short term potential (yes, the game is currently doing well) but its long term potential. What about the numbers 3 months from now? 6? I guarantee they will tell a different story

Your claim that there are 10k concurrent forum users is interesting considering some threads have over 500k views (yeah, some viewed it twice, but you're delusional if you think everyone viewed it 50 times).

Most people who complain, in fact, either just drop the game completely or only let their friends and people who they're playing with know. You make the assumption that if they're not on the forums complaining then they're not complaining at all, which is ridiculous.

I don't pretend to know where this game is going to go (unlike you). We will see in time. But to claim that this game is going to be successful 2 years down the line because the FIRST MONTH subscription numbers are high is insane. Especially considering that the problems with this game are with the longevity, not the 1-50 experience.

lol... first 30 days were free, the SUBS rate was after that.

SOME of the threads have 500,000 views MOST have 3,000 to 5,000 on the BUSY ones.

You're the delusional one if you think that a 30 day old thread with 500,000 views means there is more than 10,000 CONCURRENT users. 50 times is not unreasonable at all, considering myself and others have over 500 - 1000 posts in a 7 week period. You figure it out.

You realize this was an estimate right? Sure people complain, and those who aren't here in the forums might complain as well, but lets look at this logically. 1.7 million subs, and you want to claim that that the game is a failure because it didn't hit big at the beginning. News flash, WoW didn't get big until almost TBC.

I don't pretend to KNOW -- But I will stand whole heartedly behind LOGIC discussion, not wild assumptions and attacking everyone who has a different opinion than me.

To each his own man, to each his own. Gotta respect that.

Edit: Remember also that there is SEVERAL forums, GENERAL DISCUSSION and PVP are the only real ones with complaints, oh and Customer Service obviously.

The rest are pretty normal for a games forums.

Edited by djsmileey

This will be the best MMO on the market by far soon, maybe even the best ever,.

Just to reply to your best ever.

No MMO will ever break the record for which WoW had. I think the glory days of the one king mmo is over as there are just so many more out there at the moment that one will never reach the 12 million peak again.

As for SWTOR there is no immersion in the worlds to go with the fact that it is too linear with a lack of options on where to quest. Other than your class story being the different your leveling path is going to be the same. For this reason alone i cannot even log into this game anymore to move on from leveling. I do not even have a max level character highest being 25. Have about 4 different classes now all about 20 odd, doing the same **** planets over and over is tedious to say the least. I am not interested in end game because i get enough of it from WoW.

The question remains though is how much time do you give them to improve?

100 people on the fleet seems like a pretty good number. On a maxed out server I usually see 150 on the fleet. And 50 to 100 in each planet. Sure beats my other game server where I'd see maybe 40 people in 6 hours and have to rely on cross server everything.

P.S. You only need 3 other people to form a group.

Just to reply to your best ever.

No MMO will ever break the record for which WoW had. I think the glory days of the one king mmo is over as there are just so many more out there at the moment that one will never reach the 12 million peak again.

As for SWTOR there is no immersion in the worlds to go with the fact that it is too linear with a lack of options on where to quest. Other than your class story being the different your leveling path is going to be the same. For this reason alone i cannot even log into this game anymore to move on from leveling. I do not even have a max level character highest being 25. Have about 4 different classes now all about 20 odd, doing the same **** planets over and over is tedious to say the least. I am not interested in end game because i get enough of it from WoW.

The question remains though is how much time do you give them to improve?

No immersion? Crazy man, this game is the most immersing a game has ever been ever ever. The missions give you more depth and option than ANY OTHER MMO BEFORE. So your argument is a bit thin.

I have 2 50's and I am still going strong, one empire one republic.

How much time to I give them to improve? As long as they keep pumpin out fixes, and adding content the way they are, I will never be done or bored.

You clearly don't want to play, why do you stay here?

Oh, and records were made to be broken btw.