What SWTOR will be

Sarfux

with ToR, the complaints haven't had a chance to become so refined because we are still voicing (on deaf ears) our discontent that the game lacks almost every gaming innovation of the last 5-7 years and for one reason or another, people are having a difficult time accomplishing anything beyond dinging level 50. add the bugs, exploits, etc. and you have a serious difference between the problems of this game vs. the problems of others.

I don't get posts like this. Do you honestly think BW isn't listening and busting its hump to try and fix every problem in this game for us and quickly as possible? It would be business suicide to ignore the community and refuse to fix the problems in this game. I'm also confused as to what people are having a hard time doing beyond dinging level 50. I can only speak for myself, but since hitting 50 last week I've done Hardmode Flashpoints, PvP in Warzones and Ilum, done daily quests for credits and tokens to buy better mods and gear, and done one normal EV Op. No bugs or exploits hampered my experience or prevented me from advancing my character, so what exactly is your problem?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late to be innovative, fresh, or on the leading edge. Instead it's just one more smelly fish in a crowded pond.
Oh. So you mean like a game that's perfected every other game's best features only at HD res? (So much for legacy system subs.) Maybe zero lag at any given BW? (Backbone pipes for all!) How about haptic HID interfacing that allows the player to experience live combat pain when their character gets hit? I mean, define innovative, fresh, or on the leading edge. Edited by GalacticKegger

Oh. So you mean like a game that's perfected every other game's best features only at HD res? (So much for legacy system subs.) Maybe zero lag at any given BW? (Backbone pipes for all!) How about haptic HID interfacing that allows the player to experience live combat pain when their character gets hit? I mean, define innovative, fresh, or on the leading edge.

What game perfected every other games features?

Too late to be innovative, fresh, or on the leading edge. Instead it's just one more smelly fish in a crowded pond.

Please gives us some examples of what "leading edge" would be . How about a implant in your head so you can plug yourself straight to the PC? is that fresh and innovative ?

Its all been done before ! all this company's to is but a twist on it , if don't like the twist move on.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be the game of the new generation. Slowly but surely it will crawl, walk, run, sprint..and just keep on going and chuggin along. BioWare will not disappoint. This is their baby and they are proud of it. They are trying so hard to please mainly everyone for the majority of the game.

This game will continue to grow and get better as time goes on. More planets will get added, more gear, more raids, more planets, more weapons, more major content, more story. This game will be the next mmo giant and the game to beat in the coming years. You just watch!

Listen guys...they are fixing lots of bugs, they are coming out with content, they will keep adding more stuff we want. This is their plan, they launched with the stuff they had and just keep on adding the stuff players want little by little to keep people coming back for more because they will keep releasing content update patches every month or close to that. I believe BioWare keeps the community at heart when releasing this content and just know they can't do everything right now.

The things that you guys want, whether it be sitting in chairs, swimming, day/night cycle, weather, they WILL come in time :) The heroengine is getting updates constantly and performance issues ARE being worked on! This is one of the smoothest mmos ever and the running looks VERY good. You can't argue that. The environments and running feels natural.

Great game BioWare keep it up :)

Unless EA decides to pull funding first.....well then its over

This Genre has been done, and done agian 6 ways to Sunday. It's time for a new genre of MMO - and for me, it is on the way to launch this year.

Here is to hoping that game revolutionizes the genre, and puts all these old MMO's to bed.

LMAO and you must be part of the group that thinks the next upcoming MMO is going to be the MMO SAVIOR!!! ... pathetic... GW2, Tera, Titan or any other MMO coming out is gonna flop lol. Its a vicious cycle and your trapped in it.

I personally look at a game, understand the effort it took to design, then play it and enjoy it while i can. I dont go overhyping and self sabatoging my own anticipation like the majority of ppl. Im a REAL gamer because i appreciate game DESIGNERS. Just a little hint, its wise to not expect what you yourself cannot produce...

No game will ever be perfect. That's for sure. But the games better have the bare minimum expected by players.
WoW types want 7 years worth of add-on features built into the game. SWG types want their space combat, crafting and housing systems built into the game. Eve types want their professions and trade network built into the game. Skyrim types want their graphics engine built into the game.

Players from other games that feature flying mounts or pilotable ships are the ones who feel linearity. The game's maps are actually pretty pervasive. Players just can't fly over stuff to get there - they have to either find paths through it or go around if it's too steep. That's not linear, that's walking. WoW had it for 60 levels until they started nerfing everything. Who remembers getting to the questgiver in the cave above Wailing Caverns?

The definition of a bare minimum expected by players is as subjective as the players themselves.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Me too... Jenquai Explorer ftw!

Im still mad at em for that.

Projen Warrior!!!

SWTOR is a good game, and it will become a great game, just needs time.

No game or upcoming game is or will be perfect at launch.

I remember first day playing skyrim, and there was a patch out for it, and thats a single player game.

Bioware has been releasing pretty good games for years now. Im sure they are working hard to fix existing bugs. Just give them time.

My theory is that LucasARTS were the culprits on the early / incomplete release of SWTOR, SWG sunset was in december, so LA told bioware/EA to release now.

Edited by Smilingdeath

Im still mad at em for that.

Projen Warrior!!!

SWTOR is a good game, and it will become a great game, just needs time.

No game or upcoming game is or will be perfect at launch.

I remember first day playing skyrim, and there was a patch out for it, and thats a single player game.

Bioware has been releasing pretty good games for years now. Im sure they are working hard to fix existing bugs. Just give them time.

EA should still have the E&B code. How cool would it be to have THAT space exploration and PvP combat system patched into TOR as an expansion? Edited by GalacticKegger

SWTOR is in my opinion one of the best MMORPGS in the world, I just cant play it at all, I dont even need to post my specs for u to get the picture because more than half of us experience it, I have a gtx 580 Nvidia card, I run crysis at 40-60fps, and this game, at minimum settings, at 800 x 600-ish resolution runs at 1-12 fps, and 15 most places, and pvp is unplayable dont even get me started, I literally screamed like a lil girl when I saw those numbers. Yesterday's patch didnt seem to fix it, so heres what I tried.

Running as admin, updating DX9, turning off every unnecessary background process, using gamebooster, disabling EVERYTHING in the settings file, human sacrifice and the rain dance.

And nothing worked!

note that only the epicnes that is this game is what justifies me spending 15 bucks a month on a game I cant really play, but I will wait, this game has so much potential, but It was released way too early.

Edited by ZeMomiji

No no no..

There are 2 schools of people.

School 1:

People that aren't really into gaming or MMO's very deep that saw this game and were like "OMG OMG this is awesome!!!!" And they like it, cry about mods, macros, UI customization etc etc. A lot of these people played KOTOR and moved to this game. From that standpoint sure this game probably rocks. These people are also StarWars fans, in fact I haven't found anyone that thinks the starwars universe a joke, but loves this game mechanics....

The other people out there that fall into this catagory are the "Anti-WoW" gamers that played Lotro and eve and whatever other fail MMO's out there they put their stock into saying "This MMO was way better than WoW"

School 2:

People that hardcore game, spent the better part of the last decade in wow and 10 years prior to that in other MMO's. People that realize the carrot on a stick model is played out, rushing content to level cap, and farming dailies and instances is a dying genre. WoW will slowly deteriorate, but will outlast this game by far IMO. Gamers like us realize what matters in the MMO community.

It's not voice overs, grinding to level caps, farming the same exact instances each week to get gear which allows for advancement to the next farming location, it's not 2 faction servers or crappy PvP models.

Those are all things that WoW does already. Rift cloned it, Swtor also cloned the mechanic.... there are tons of no name free mmo's that cloned this as well.

Cloning what WoW did to try and jump on the cash bandwagon just won't work this late in the game because the true gamers are already looking for the next generation game to bring us a new style of play.

We weren't looking to jump into WoStarWars with crappy options and no customizability. Honestly this game is a WoW clone 100% with a sci-fi environment, minus all the polish of course, that WoW has added for 7 years, and meaningless voice overs.

This Genre has been done, and done agian 6 ways to Sunday. It's time for a new genre of MMO - and for me, it is on the way to launch this year.

Here is to hoping that game revolutionizes the genre, and puts all these old MMO's to bed.

Interesting point of view.

Based on your Description, I fall into the "hardcore" category. and I've played:

4th Coming, The

9Dragons

Ace Online

Aces High

AdventureQuest Worlds

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Aion: The Tower of Eternity

AIKA Online

Alganon

Allods Online

Anarchy Online

Angel Love Online

ArchLord

Asda Story

Asheron's Call

Asheron's Call 2

Atlantica Online

Battlestar Galactica Online

Black Prophecy

Blade & Soul

Blood Wars

BOTS!!

Cabal Online

Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall

Castle of Heroes

Champions Online

City of Heroes

City of Villains

Clan Lord

Club Penguin

Concerto Gate

Cronous

Cross Gate

Crowns of Power

Dark Age of Camelot

Dark Ages

Dark and Light

Darkeden

Darkfall

Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands

Dawntide

Dead Frontier

DECO Online

DC Universe Online

Diaspora

Doctor Who: Worlds in Time

Dofus

Dragon Ball Online

Dragon Nest

Dragon Oath

Dragonica

DragonRealms

Dreamlords

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach

Dungeon Runners

Dynasty Warriors Online

Earthrise

Earth & Beyond

Earth Eternal

Emil Chronicle Online

Empire & State

Empire of Sports

Entropia Universe

EVE Online

EverQuest

EverQuest II

EverQuest Online Adventures

Fantage

Face of Mankind

Fallen Earth

Fallout Online

Fantasy Westward Journey

Fiesta Online

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XIV

Flyff

Free Realms

Fung Wan Online

Furcadia

Fury

Gekkeiju Online

Gemstone IV

GodsWar Online

Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

Granado Espada (Sword of the New World)

Guild Wars

Guild Wars 2

Helbreath

Hello Kitty Online

Hero Online

Hero's Journey

Hooded Gunman, The

Horizons: Empire of Istaria

Illyriad

Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Initiative

Jumpgate: Evolution

Knight Online

Kingdom of Loathing

LaTale

Legend of Ares, The

Legend of Mir 2, The

Legend of Mir 3, The

Legends of Future Past

LEGO Universe

Lineage

Lineage II

Lineage III

Little Space Heroes

Lord of the Rings Online, The: Shadows of Angmar

Love

Lunia

Mabinogi

Magical Land

MapleStory

Matrix Online, The

Megami Tensei Online: IMAGINE

Meridian 59

Metin 2

Minions of Mirth

Mortal Online

Monato Esprit

MU Online

Myth War Online

Mythos

Mytheon

Myst Online

Neocron and Neocron 2

NEO Shifters

Neverwinter Nights (AOL game)

Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds

Neo Steam: The Shattered Continent

Pardus

Perfect World

Perpetuum[3][4]

Phantasy Star Universe

Phoenix Dynasty Online

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Pirates of the Caribbean Online

PlaneShift

Planetarion

Priston Tale

Priston Tale 2

Poptropica

Puppet Guardian

Puzzle Pirates

Rohan: Blood Feud

Ragnarok Online

Ragnarok Online 2

Ran Online

Realm of the Mad God

Realm Online, The

Regnum Online

Requiem: Memento Mori

RF Online

Rift

Roblox

Roma Victor

ROSE Online

Rubies of Eventide

Runes of Magic

RuneScape

Rusty Hearts

Ryzom

Sangokushi Online

Secret of the Solstice

Secret World, The

Seal Online

Sentou Gakuen

Scions of Fate or Yulgang

Shadowbane

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

Sho Online

Shot-Online

Silkroad Online

Soul of the Ultimate Nation

Spiral Knights

Star Trek Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Stargate Worlds

StarQuest Online

Survival Project

Tabula Rasa

Tale in the Desert, A

Tales of Eternia Online

Tales of Pirates

Tantra Online

Exiled Realm of Arborea, The

Terra

Chronicles of Spellborn, The

Tibia

Toontown Online

Trickster Online

Turf Battles

Twelve Sky

Twelve Sky 2

Twin Skies

Ultima Online

Uncharted Waters Online

Urban Dead

Underlight

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Vindictus

Voyage Century Online

Vendetta Online

Wakfu

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Wonderland Online

Wizard101

With Your Destiny (Supreme Destiny)

WonderKing Online

World of Darkness

World of Warcraft

Wurm Online

Yogurting

Yulgang (Scions of Fate)

Zhengtu

Zu Online

and I don't agree with you. SWTOR RULES!!

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be the game of the new generation. Slowly but surely it will crawl, walk, run, sprint..and just keep on going and chuggin along. BioWare will not disappoint. This is their baby and they are proud of it. They are trying so hard to please mainly everyone for the majority of the game.

This game will continue to grow and get better as time goes on. More planets will get added, more gear, more raids, more planets, more weapons, more major content, more story. This game will be the next mmo giant and the game to beat in the coming years. You just watch!

Listen guys...they are fixing lots of bugs, they are coming out with content, they will keep adding more stuff we want. This is their plan, they launched with the stuff they had and just keep on adding the stuff players want little by little to keep people coming back for more because they will keep releasing content update patches every month or close to that. I believe BioWare keeps the community at heart when releasing this content and just know they can't do everything right now.

The things that you guys want, whether it be sitting in chairs, swimming, day/night cycle, weather, they WILL come in time :) The heroengine is getting updates constantly and performance issues ARE being worked on! This is one of the smoothest mmos ever and the running looks VERY good. You can't argue that. The environments and running feels natural.

Great game BioWare keep it up :)

Your post is proof enough this game is screwed to high hell. The fans are out in full force because they know in the back of their minds that it's over. And you know what? It is.

Edited by Proto

Maybe if they go F2P we can buy the option for combat logs, macros, functioning GTN, custom UI, remove \ key opening the *********** bug report, companions that don't interrupt everything, phaseless worlds, high rez textures, LFG tool and maybe some GM's whose first language is english to better server the NA servers.

Maybe if they go F2P we can buy the option for combat logs, macros, functioning GTN, custom UI, remove \ key opening the *********** bug report, companions that don't interrupt everything, phaseless worlds, high rez textures, LFG tool and maybe some GM's whose first language is english to better server the NA servers.

buy the option of the things they are already adding? Pure genius

Do you like this game?

Edited by djsmileey

You highly over estimate the Totanic failure that the MMO community has already dubbed this game to be and how unforgiving the MMO community is.

SWTOR will never see the potential it has is realized.

I don't think you and the frog in your pocket qualify as the "MMO Community".

Interesting point of view.

Based on your Description, I fall into the "hardcore" category. and I've played:

4th Coming, The

9Dragons

Ace Online

Aces High

AdventureQuest Worlds

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Aion: The Tower of Eternity

AIKA Online

Alganon

Allods Online

Anarchy Online

Angel Love Online

ArchLord

Asda Story

Asheron's Call

Asheron's Call 2

Atlantica Online

Battlestar Galactica Online

Black Prophecy

Blade & Soul

Blood Wars

BOTS!!

Cabal Online

Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall

Castle of Heroes

Champions Online

City of Heroes

City of Villains

Clan Lord

Club Penguin

Concerto Gate

Cronous

Cross Gate

Crowns of Power

Dark Age of Camelot

Dark Ages

Dark and Light

Darkeden

Darkfall

Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands

Dawntide

Dead Frontier

DECO Online

DC Universe Online

Diaspora

Doctor Who: Worlds in Time

Dofus

Dragon Ball Online

Dragon Nest

Dragon Oath

Dragonica

DragonRealms

Dreamlords

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach

Dungeon Runners

Dynasty Warriors Online

Earthrise

Earth & Beyond

Earth Eternal

Emil Chronicle Online

Empire & State

Empire of Sports

Entropia Universe

EVE Online

EverQuest

EverQuest II

EverQuest Online Adventures

Fantage

Face of Mankind

Fallen Earth

Fallout Online

Fantasy Westward Journey

Fiesta Online

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XIV

Flyff

Free Realms

Fung Wan Online

Furcadia

Fury

Gekkeiju Online

Gemstone IV

GodsWar Online

Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

Granado Espada (Sword of the New World)

Guild Wars

Guild Wars 2

Helbreath

Hello Kitty Online

Hero Online

Hero's Journey

Hooded Gunman, The

Horizons: Empire of Istaria

Illyriad

Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Initiative

Jumpgate: Evolution

Knight Online

Kingdom of Loathing

LaTale

Legend of Ares, The

Legend of Mir 2, The

Legend of Mir 3, The

Legends of Future Past

LEGO Universe

Lineage

Lineage II

Lineage III

Little Space Heroes

Lord of the Rings Online, The: Shadows of Angmar

Love

Lunia

Mabinogi

Magical Land

MapleStory

Matrix Online, The

Megami Tensei Online: IMAGINE

Meridian 59

Metin 2

Minions of Mirth

Mortal Online

Monato Esprit

MU Online

Myth War Online

Mythos

Mytheon

Myst Online

Neocron and Neocron 2

NEO Shifters

Neverwinter Nights (AOL game)

Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds

Neo Steam: The Shattered Continent

Pardus

Perfect World

Perpetuum[3][4]

Phantasy Star Universe

Phoenix Dynasty Online

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Pirates of the Caribbean Online

PlaneShift

Planetarion

Priston Tale

Priston Tale 2

Poptropica

Puppet Guardian

Puzzle Pirates

Rohan: Blood Feud

Ragnarok Online

Ragnarok Online 2

Ran Online

Realm of the Mad God

Realm Online, The

Regnum Online

Requiem: Memento Mori

RF Online

Rift

Roblox

Roma Victor

ROSE Online

Rubies of Eventide

Runes of Magic

RuneScape

Rusty Hearts

Ryzom

Sangokushi Online

Secret of the Solstice

Secret World, The

Seal Online

Sentou Gakuen

Scions of Fate or Yulgang

Shadowbane

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

Sho Online

Shot-Online

Silkroad Online

Soul of the Ultimate Nation

Spiral Knights

Star Trek Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Stargate Worlds

StarQuest Online

Survival Project

Tabula Rasa

Tale in the Desert, A

Tales of Eternia Online

Tales of Pirates

Tantra Online

Exiled Realm of Arborea, The

Terra

Chronicles of Spellborn, The

Tibia

Toontown Online

Trickster Online

Turf Battles

Twelve Sky

Twelve Sky 2

Twin Skies

Ultima Online

Uncharted Waters Online

Urban Dead

Underlight

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Vindictus

Voyage Century Online

Vendetta Online

Wakfu

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Wonderland Online

Wizard101

With Your Destiny (Supreme Destiny)

WonderKing Online

World of Darkness

World of Warcraft

Wurm Online

Yogurting

Yulgang (Scions of Fate)

Zhengtu

Zu Online

and I don't agree with you. SWTOR RULES!!

I've probably played even more titles and I think SWTOR rules in boredom.

To be honest I can't decide how I think the game will go. I had a lot of fun playing until the "disco bar" mess made the game unplayable (headache) and I canceled. The game is fun but Bioware seems to be taking it down the same path as Warhammer. I don't know if they have no clue what they are doing or if it's a function of being overwhelmed and mmo newbs.

At this point Bioware needs to demonstrate that they are capable of managing an mmo before I will buy into the "all is roses" op. I hope it's just a case of Bioware being overwhelmed and not a hopeless game architecture. We will see as time passes...and if they fix the "disco bars" I will re-sub.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.