The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone saying the servers are fine and stop freaking out it will level out. I am stuck on a server that has roughly 40 people total that pvp. Your lucky to have more then one match a day as a Imperial player against a group of Republic players. So all we do is play the same people from the same faction all day in huttball its great fun. Even more fun to try and find a group for flashpoints let alone Ops with 40 to 60 people if its a good day on the imperial ship. Bioware has not responded to complaints or shown any interst in resolving this issue and I know for a fact that this is not the only server that is spread so thin with players.

To everyone saying the servers are fine and stop freaking out it will level out. I am stuck on a server that has roughly 40 people total that pvp. Your lucky to have more then one match a day as a Imperial player against a group of Republic players. So all we do is play the same people from the same faction all day in huttball its great fun. Even more fun to try and find a group for flashpoints let alone Ops with 40 to 60 people if its a good day on the imperial ship. Bioware has not responded to complaints or shown any interst in resolving this issue and I know for a fact that this is not the only server that is spread so thin with players.

People here will just tell you to reroll, because grinding all the quests again is so fun:rolleyes: I cant believe the fans here are not crying for mergers for the low pop servers it would help them in the long run and the game, but nope.... just reroll dont worry about the countless hrs you invested in that toon just leave it its alot easier then bio ware doing a good service for its paying customers. Honestly the people on low pop will get fed up and quit, I was on one of the most populated servers mindtrick, but that didnt save the game from being a complete bore, so If i was bored on a full server cant imagine a low pop.

The actual numbers, which we will never be given access to.

We Have a Winner!!!! DIN DING DING!!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT!!!

Altho, BW wil likely release subscription numbers as opposed to specific server population numbers or something like average concurrent population. SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS TRUMP ALL OF THIS TINFOIL HAT NONSENSE.

Apparently whoever at Bioware is tone-deaf based on the latest Q & A. Instead of addressing real issues that cause people to quit the game in disgust like empty servers and lack of LFD, they are focused on dealing with fluff. I mean really, a pressing need are HOODS that can be put up/down?

And the server pops keep dropping....

I dunno...ask the people who posted in the General forums that not being able to choose about their hood being up or down was such a big freekin deal that it somehow showed BW's lack of effort to make a good game and was huge evidence that the game would fail.

Proof? It's what is happening on my server. There are posts all over the forums from other players stating the same thing.

What your going to hide behind the "that's not official blah blah blah"?

What ulterior motive would people like myself have when we have shelled out $60 for the game and $15/month to play it? What we buy the game so we can unfairly trash it?

Thank you. Now we're all straightened out. ANECDOTES = DATA. Yep. Someone call every science lab in the country and inform the NSA...all tha garnt money can now be used to feed and house the poor because we can now rely solely on anecdotes.

We Have a Winner!!!! DIN DING DING!!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT!!!

Altho, BW wil likely release subscription numbers as opposed to specific server population numbers or something like average concurrent population. SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS TRUMP ALL OF THIS TINFOIL HAT NONSENSE.

=-=-=-=-=

You really enjoy being a show-boater, huh?

Did you read any of the posts from people giving actual numbers, or screenshots?

... or do you just want to continue ranting, saying everything is fine, and insinuating that we're imagining we're on dead ghost-town servers?

Go up a few posts, read some numbers, absorb it, think about it ... then tell me that it's "tinfoil hat nonsense".

Look with any MMO people get to the cap as they like to power through it and then play an alt or another MMO or different game. Such is life you cant have people playing SWTOR every single waking hour 365 days of the year. SO server pop drop is inevitable as people have work/school and other games to play. Eventually BW will release new content and players come back to a more polished game and new content pop goes up and then once they finish that pop goes down again. Its all about fluctuating. Im always so amazed at peope who subscribe for like 6 12 months i mean i have university to start and i will find little if not any time to play any games. So what im trying to say is a portion of the people are not seen online due to commitments. To all the people who want server merges, from a business view not a good move. It shows the pops going down and then stocks fall. I think they put too many servers up in all honest opinion and they over-compensated.

Anyway that's my two cents

=-=-=-=-=

You really enjoy being a show-boater, huh?

Did you read any of the posts from people giving actual numbers, or screenshots?

... or do you just want to continue ranting, saying everything is fine, and insinuating that we're imagining we're on dead ghost-town servers?

Go up a few posts, read some numbers, absorb it, think about it ... then tell me that it's "tinfoil hat nonsense".

No, I didn't read them, because that, again, is nothing more than anecdotes with no real predictive or evidentiary value. I'm not saying everything is fine either. All I'm saying is attempts to cite that insipid graph website or pretend that a screenshot or anecdote is "evidence" or "data"...those attempts are patently ridiculous.

Edited by Zilrota
removed, rude

the problem with server merges is that you will be merging a server with say... 5 imps to 1 rep.. which will result in the Imp-side been way too overcrowded while keeping rep still struggling.

First bioware needs to solve its population problem, then they can start merging servers.

I play on a Sith'ari, and I'm pretty sure it's Standard on peak and even off peak to some extent.

Though I'm sure some of it is just the climate change from WoW where I play on a high populated server.

What I am getting at is that aren't the SW:ToR servers just small in comparison?

I've been looking at torstatus.net or w/e and if I'm getting it right the most populated servers are having a bit over 2000 people on them? I find this odd so if I'm wrong point it out to me.

Now if that is the case isn't that a small number considering all the different things people tend to do in MMO's? leveling alts, PVP, Crafting, Being social, PVE and the list goes on.

At least on my server I tend to be stuck looking for people for FP's for a long time and with about 100 people in Imp Fleet it's not really surprising, half the people there are not 50, 1/3? of 50's doing PVP just leaves me with the feeling that BW underestimated how many people you need per server to make a healthy population there.

And before you start calling me a hater I want you to know that I am actually enjoying the game and do get to do my fair share of FP's/Ops etc due to friends and guild but trying to pug something is horrendous.

Thank you. Now we're all straightened out. ANECDOTES = DATA. Yep. Someone call every science lab in the country and inform the NSA...all tha garnt money can now be used to feed and house the poor because we can now rely solely on anecdotes.

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Jedi Justice...

Jedi Prosecutor: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we have a dozen eye-witnesses who saw Jedi Joe tie those Jawas together and hang them over a clothesline.

Jedi Defense: ANECDOTES!

Jedi Prosecutor: We also have a series of screenshots--

Jedi Defense: PHOTOSHOP!

Jedi Prosecutor: And videos--

Jedi Defense: CGI!

Jedi Prosecutor: And Jedi Joe's signed confession.

Jedi Defense: VENUSIAN SWAMP GAS REFLECTING OFF A FLOCK OF GEESE!

(Jedi Joe stands up.)

Jedi Joe: I did it. Yup. I tied those Jawas together and strung them over that clothesline.

Jedi Defense: EVIL CLONE!

(A dozen Jawas enter the hall, still tied together and dragging a clothesline behind them.)

Jawas: Utinni! Nekkel juuvar obwegadada! Togo togu!

Jedi Defense: HALLUCINATION DUE TO THE MOLDY RYE BREAD SERVED IN THE CAFETERIA TODAY!

Jedi Judge: Well done, Jedi Defense. Case dismissed.

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Jedi Justice...

Jedi Prosecutor: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we have a dozen eye-witnesses who saw Jedi Joe tie those Jawas together and hang them over a clothesline.

Jedi Defense: ANECDOTES!

Jedi Prosecutor: We also have a series of screenshots--

Jedi Defense: PHOTOSHOP!

Jedi Prosecutor: And videos--

Jedi Defense: CGI!

Jedi Prosecutor: And Jedi Joe's signed confession.

Jedi Defense: VENUSIAN SWAMP GAS REFLECTING OFF A FLOCK OF GEESE!

(Jedi Joe stands up.)

Jedi Joe: I did it. Yup. I tied those Jawas together and strung them over that clothesline.

Jedi Defense: EVIL CLONE!

(A dozen Jawas enter the hall, still tied together and dragging a clothesline behind them.)

Jawas: Utinni! Nekkel juuvar obwegadada! Togo togu!

Jedi Defense: HALLUCINATION DUE TO THE MOLDY RYE BREAD SERVED IN THE CAFETERIA TODAY!

Jedi Judge: Well done, Jedi Defense. Case dismissed.

Well done!

It's kind of sad that what you're using to make fun of a crazy forum goer could almost pass as a transcript from the American congress.

=-=-=-=-=

You might want to follow your own "words of wisdom" (term used lightly), instead of trolling the forum posts of people that are unhappy with DEAD and almost EMPTY servers.

I'm sure you would disregard this information, but:

7:45 PM EST, on an Eastern PvE server:

- there are 34 people on the Republic Fleet (prime time)

- there are 215 Republic people total, on the entire server (levels 1-50)

THAT is why people are upset.

THAT is why people want merges and transfers.

It's not so that we can incite hatred, or discontent.

Get a grip, and get over yourself.

His argument is a farce since the only "evidence" he will believe are server pop numbers directly from Bioware. Information Bioware is not going to share until they and EA have to report it on their quarterly financial statements.

His argument is a farce since the only "evidence" he will believe are server pop numbers directly from Bioware. Information Bioware is not going to share until they and EA have to report it on their quarterly financial statements.

It's a sound strategy, if you build a house of imaginary cards it will never be toppled.

I play on a Sith'ari, and I'm pretty sure it's Standard on peak and even off peak to some extent.

Though I'm sure some of it is just the climate change from WoW where I play on a high populated server.

What I am getting at is that aren't the SW:ToR servers just small in comparison?

I've been looking at torstatus.net or w/e and if I'm getting it right the most populated servers are having a bit over 2000 people on them? I find this odd so if I'm wrong point it out to me.

Now if that is the case isn't that a small number considering all the different things people tend to do in MMO's? leveling alts, PVP, Crafting, Being social, PVE and the list goes on.

At least on my server I tend to be stuck looking for people for FP's for a long time and with about 100 people in Imp Fleet it's not really surprising, half the people there are not 50, 1/3? of 50's doing PVP just leaves me with the feeling that BW underestimated how many people you need per server to make a healthy population there.

And before you start calling me a hater I want you to know that I am actually enjoying the game and do get to do my fair share of FP's/Ops etc due to friends and guild but trying to pug something is horrendous.

I would'nt call you a hater. I would point out that at this point you have no apples to apples, viable comparison for how long it should be taking to get a group together.

in WoW there was enough people not able to do end-game dungeon/raid content that they implemented a tool that matches you up with, in the U.S., every other person on a U.S. server who wants to group(and to hear certain ppl tell it it still takes forever to find a group..which isnt true, these days it is a less than 5 minute wait for everyone)

but anywho - you could possibly be right but then again who really knows? You cant compare a united-states every server-wide search with just your server spamming general chat

it all started with shoes.

swtor had always been a nice place, except that there were a few too many shoe vendors in the major cities. the more shoe vendors there were, the more shoes were produced. the more shoes were produced, the lower the quality of the shoes. the lower the quality of the shoes, the more often people had to buy new shoes. the more often people had to buy new shoes, the more shoe vendors there were. eventually, swtor passed what economists call the 'shoe event horizon' when it was no longer feasible to produce anything other than shoes. needless to say, disaster ensued. those few players with the correct genetic makeup mutated into hobbits. the rest died off.

its a common economic phenomenon, but tragic to see in operation.

I lol'd