PvP in this game takes zero skill at all

InzightLive

The fact that no skill is required to play this game in PvP is surely reflected by the fact that almost every game's scoreboard bridges the gap from 30-40k damage straight up to 600k in some cases.

No person is better than any others. Skill never enters in. You just all spam the same buttons, and some of you do 10% or less of the leader's damage/healing.

You guys are a ****in' crack-up.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im not saying that i have trouble playing my class, i am a multi gladiator wow veteran and high master league in sc2 etc so i will not need advice about how to play

what i mean is that while marauder needs to use a fair amount of abilities to succeed, im still pretty disappointed that most other classes can do perfectly fine even if played by a noob who does nothing but spam force lightning/tracer missle or whatever

im not saying channeling spells should not autoturn but you autoturn while casting stuff like tracer missle aswell and i do use my spell interrupt all the time as i said im not an idiot, but i dont know if interrupts in this game is bugged or if there is some talents i havent heard about cause i often interrupt a spell only to see them start casting the same spell again instantly after that

autoface is needed as their is no collision. meaning you run right through me and i can't attack you. so yes autoface is needed.

well, i dont know what you are doing wrong but on my server there are quite a few marauders that cause havoc on the battlefield. THey are annoying. they dont die. nothing more discouraging than seeing all your attacks hitting for 4 hit points of damage. You aren't a killing class. You are a disrupt the enemy class. A marauder can keep a turret capped in alderann by himself for quite awhile till help arives. quit thinking in terms of pew pew pew... especially as a marauder. L2Pyerclass

on Juyo there are many really good Marauders. That just own the warzones. They cause my Trooper Commando the most trouble as they attack with such speed and fluidity.

I love how "backpedaling" is a baddie move...

I strathe a hell of a lot and sometimes I backpedal because it puts me into perfect position and throws those facespinners completely off.

Now keyboard turning, there's where someone is showing inexperience.

Yupp. Totally agree. I play a marauder myself and I almost destroy my pc when playing this piece of **** game. My free time runs out soon tho and I will NOT renew. Seriously, getting beaten so easily by ranged keyboardturning, clicking backpeddlers that do not even have to kite me while I barely get a snare in is frustrating beyond that off average frustration in pvp.

Charge, spam snare, snare, snare, if im lucky and ability delay doesnt **** me I get the snare in before im knocked back into either a stun or a root, without even getting into obliterate range. Just slowly try to get to my target who is obviously suffering from brain dmg by the ammount of drooling he can do over the keyboard and still get a kill

I seriously want a couple minutes alone with the devs that actually thought, HMM, LETS WILL GIVE KNOCK BACKS TO ALMOST EVERY SINGLE CLASS IN THE GAME, THAT WILL BE FUN. OH AND WAIT, LETS ALSO ADD STUNS AND SNARES TO THAT KNOCKBACK, HERPEDERPDERP.

TAKE AWAY ALL THE ****IN KNOCK BACKS O M F G ...........................................Are you ******** me. There is basicly no dr at on them what so ever and playing a game where you basicly feel like a ball getting kicked around or dragged around is NOT fun. Pvp in swtor has nothing to do with pvp WHAT so EVER. If you play any sort of ranged class you can literally just smash your face into the keyboard and kill any sort of melee char.

Huttball is nothing more then all the knock back classes trying to knock you into the acid or off a platform, thats it, huttball in a nutshell.

Im not even gonna get into the ability delay you claimed to have fixed, thats not even changed the sligthest. 100 fps and 60 ms constantly and playing marauder in a warzone feels like you have 1000 ms + when trying to use your abilities.

2400+ exp from wow and going to this, level 10 bgs in wow with no resi and oneshotting classes has better balance than this, and Im sick as hell of wow and cant stand it. It's still a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR FAR FAR FAAAAAAAAAAAR better game in pvp.

Swtor warzone and pvp developers, you are a bunch of ****in *******

2400 rated in WHAT? RBGS? 3v3? And on what class/spec?

Because if you're one of these kids who thinks Death Knight RBG PVP is hard then im quite happy for you to be leaving this game.

Guess you have never thought to use your pvp get out of **** ability on stuns.

WoWs pvp is the most broken pvp system in the game, you can actually CHEAT for rank 1s and devs/admins/gms don't even do anything about it, the Arms Warrior in WoW has being broken for like 3+ seasons and they still haven't fixed it, at least in this game the DEVS try and fix known crap asap like the Operative nerf thats coming and the Jugger buffs, along with the Ilum fix etc etc.

How long was Baradin hold broken for untill blizzard fixed it? Oh yeah like a year, Ilum broken for like 20 days and they already have a fix for it.

Bioware have done an amazing job with this game, it just makes me sad when mindless idiots who think OMG I ACTUALLY HAVTO USE SKILL AS A MELEE TO STAY ON A TARGET WHY CAN'T I BE LIKE MY DEATH KNIGHT ON WOW AND STACK NECRO STRIKES FOR FREE GLADIATOR WHILE MY RET PALADIN POPS WINGS WHILE THE DISPELLER IS CC'D IN A 2SECOND STUN AND DESTROYS THE ENEMY TEAM WOO 2900RATED COME @ ME.

Peace baddie, stay small stay second x0x0 gossip girl.

im not saying that i have trouble playing my class, i am a multi gladiator wow veteran and high master league in sc2 etc so i will not need advice about how to play

what i mean is that while marauder needs to use a fair amount of abilities to succeed, im still pretty disappointed that most other classes can do perfectly fine even if played by a noob who does nothing but spam force lightning/tracer missle or whatever

Before SWTOR, I was a clicker. I had no idea it was a less effective way to play when I started my first MMO. Being new to this game I took it as an opportunity finally break that habit and use key binds since I could already type without looking, so why not?

I play a Sentinel and don't have nearly the amount of trouble you have described. Then again, I do put in a decent amount of effort reading other people's strats and watching streams to expand my knowledge about my class and others.

It's a complex class (and yes, some others are easier to play), but I feel if I can put in the effort to get better and not point at things outside of myself for reasons of failure, I will succeed in the end.

Now I have no idea what sort of recognition a WoW Gladiator brings with since I've never played it and I'm at least aware of the SC2 competitive environment even without having played it either, but I ask you this:

If someone like me who was a clicker up until a couple months ago feels like he's doing well with the class and is getting better at Sentinel everyday, shouldn't you be able to do more?

Edited by Amp_

I love how "backpedaling" is a baddie move...

I strathe a hell of a lot and sometimes I backpedal because it puts me into perfect position and throws those facespinners completely off.

Now keyboard turning, there's where someone is showing inexperience.

it is a baddie move, if you dont understand this then you are a bad player

you will not be able to reach most keybinds while holding down S unless you have ****ed up fingers which means you are probably clicking most of your stuff while backpedaling

you will not be able to reach most keybinds while holding down S unless you have ****ed up fingers which means you are probably clicking most of your stuff while backpedaling

Just for the sake of argument, holding down S with my middle finger gives my 2nd and 4th finger plenty of options around the keyboard. I cant use the shift or ctrl modifiers, of course.

What I got from this thread:

If you can get a 2600 arena rating in WoW, it means you would get wrecked in TOR because you don't backpedal.

Or something like that.

Edited by Jaku

Why do tools like this ^^ always bring up WoW even though the OP didn't in his first post?

It was inevitable that he would bring up his wow awesomeness because 99% of the people crying on these forums are from wow. Might as well say it and get it over with. Opinions about this game based on your wow awesomeness pretty much invalidate anything you have to say.

Holding down just S allows me to reach over to N, H, Y, and 6 with ease using my pointer finger and I can still hit shift, ctl, or alt no problem. There's not even enough room on the hotbars for that many keybindings... You have no excuses for getting beat. You lack of practice with this game. Stop complaining that other people are so bad and start figuring out how to beat them. This whole thread just makes you look lazy.

If PvP really takes zero skill at all, I think you should be doing better.

I used to be a 2600 WoW arena player like you, but I took a Tracer Missile in the knee.

In all seriousness, though, if you're getting killed by a 1-button-spamming, backpedalling idiot, I'd either check your gear, spec, rethink your strategy, or reevaluate your own ability.