Fix crafting//make it worthwhile

DukSaber

Every crafting profession should have 1 or 2 purple items that are important to the game. The mats should be expensive and hard to get but each proffesion should be able to make something thats needed by anyone in-game (yes even end-game players).

Currently there is zero reason to craft anything. The t1 gear is better than anything that can be crafted. Commendations daily/ect can also get you items that are better than anything that can be crafted. What is bioware thinking?

This is a problem. There needs to be special items that people can save for or aspire to get. There is no reason to seek out this or that proffession at this point. Pretty bad i would say.

Edited by DukSaber

Very much agree with what you say. To make matters worse, lots of stuff that could actually be somewhat usefull for others (speeder comes to mind) are not even possible to be traded! I also think it's bit too easy/fast to get the skills to 400, you can switch whenever you like and get the skill up in a few days. Doesn't really encourage "seeking out that guy who has high enough skill to do this shiny thing" :) Might change when they add more stuff to build though, would assume that means higher skill reqs as well.

Try getting that T1 raid gear using Comm rewards from Corellia.

The problem is the daily rewards from PvP and PvE are far more attractive and easier for players to get than crafted gear.

Please respond to my post in this area to remove them from the game. Crafters should be getting people ready to raid. The raid drops are what should make people raid.

Carrot and Stick.

Post to Please remove daily reward gear http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246133

Edited by DenitharPurloin

I think there is a happy medium,,,if they just added a couple great craftable items for each class, that would be good enough. Make one or two items 126-130. Items that are a little above t1 but not as good as the steps above that. Right now craftable items are really only for people gearing up till 50. I dont get what they are thinking with this.