Nerf Sages/Sorcs now

LoL-K-Noob

incorrect

who called us a glass cannon?

because BHs and Snipers clearly throw out more dmg than we do.. and have better survivability

OHH our aoe dmg is justification for our squishyness... OK

idk too many skilled non-sorc players that fear a sorc 1v1

1v1 isn't the issue. The class is so OP for warzones that it needs to be nerfed. If you can bring 6 sorcs into a WZ and win vs a skilled (although i admit I use the term loosely) and balanced group, that is specifically what MMOs, and SWTOR especially, try to avoid. This is the same bioware that won't make their crafting profs worth anything at the high levels because they don't want a "go to" profession. The same holds true for classes. And none of you sorcs can try and tell me that there is a better class for PvP in this game right now... It's not even arguable. Topping 600k dmg regularly while every other class struggles to make it over 300-400 is pretty definition overpowered.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a new player to MMO's in general so I'm still coming to grips with a number of game mechanics that I haven't experienced before in other games so there are a few things I would like to say that I've observed that I would like to comment on.

The balance of classes in this game isn't actually as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. Once I really learned what I was doing and what I should be doing I find myself doing quite a bit better in warzones. I currently play a Jedi Guardian and I've actually used several specs since I hit level 50 and at first I had a lot of trouble but once I learned what I SHOULD be doing as opposed to what I was actually doing I found myself placing a lot higher on the scoreboards and, as a result, found myself on the winning team more and more frequently.

That said, the Sage/Sorc is pretty darn powerful. I'm currently spec'ed for DPS and if I can catch one alone and unsupported then I SHOULD theoretically be able to kill him. However, I've run into the situation several times over where they self heal faster than I'm capable of interrupting them. The defensive bubble that they have makes the invincible for a certain amount of time and it seems to be available pretty often. I could be wrong about that though. I've never played a sage/sorc so I don't know the cool down on that ability. And It's not like I'm a slouch in the damage department either. The Jedi Guardian is reasonably beastly for DPS if spec'ed and geared correctly. I'm currently using a spec that allows me to chain spam critical hits and that allows me to hits! So it's not like I'm not doing decent damage in a consistent matter of time.

Not that the sorc is invincible. I can kill them, but I do have more trouble killing them than I do with most other classes. That said, it seems to me to be something of a game design decision since the teams are usually so dependent on their healers that if they died any faster it might make healing kind of worthless and then the game would be rendered somewhat unplayable because of it.

Like I said, I'm new to MMO's but it seems to me that the Sorc/Sage is a little bit too powerful. Not as horrendously over powered as people make it seem. But just a hair too powerful.

The bubble has a 19 second lockout with 4/4 mystic gear. (Or was it 16 seconds? I'll have to double check my sage)

1v1 isn't the issue. The class is so OP for warzones that it needs to be nerfed. If you can bring 6 sorcs into a WZ and win vs a skilled (although i admit I use the term loosely) and balanced group, that is specifically what MMOs, and SWTOR especially, try to avoid. This is the same bioware that won't make their crafting profs worth anything at the high levels because they don't want a "go to" profession. The same holds true for classes. And none of you sorcs can try and tell me that there is a better class for PvP in this game right now... It's not even arguable. Topping 600k dmg regularly while every other class struggles to make it over 300-400 is pretty definition overpowered.

lol wut? You talking about Voidstar??? no sorc that is getting DPS trained is going to top 600k dmg on voidstar and you ll never see them do that in huttball.

anyway, ANY CLASS can get over 600k regularly with guard and a pocket healer. I see power techs do it all the time.

AOE dmg on voidstar doesnt count.

Show me a WZ of a sorcerer doing 600k dmg on a huttball .

I ll wait.

lol wut? You talking about Voidstar??? no sorc that is getting DPS trained is going to top 600k dmg on voidstar and you ll never see them do that in huttball.

anyway, ANY CLASS can get over 600k regularly with guard and a pocket healer. I see power techs do it all the time.

I ll wait.

A merely commonplace occasion of me solo queuing a game that was 1 minute in progress: http://i.imgur.com/8yamL.jpg

Edited by Biodrones

I hope your trolling, or you need to take a bit of time and learn the game. You didnt even get 100k damage, and only 150k healing. Thats not a sage sorc thing, troopers can dmg and heal in games they are ignored by the opposition even better.

False. Sages/Sorcs healing is much, much, much better than commandos/mercs. I see sages and sorcs regularly do top damage, say 350-400k, AND do 100k+ healing.

As a merc, if I want to do over 300k dmg I simply don't have time (or heat) to heal - I heal for maybe 10-15k (all on myself), and my heals are slow and extremely poor. 2.5 seconds for a 1.5k heal. Woopdeedoo.

So yes, nerf the sorc/sage heal in PVP.

I ll wait.

if you showed me someone doing that much damage in huttball, I'd show you someone who doesn't win a lot of huttball. That was definitely one of the more stupid requests i've heard of. Voidstar is the best judge right now because you're pretty much fighting all the time, whereas alderaan and huttball have lots of travelling time and other things to deal with if you want to win, but Voidstar is pretty straightforward fighting. I have plenty of AoE damage and I've never even touch the 500s. Are you really trying to tell me you think that sorc/sage damage is on par with GS/Sniper and Merc/Commando? This is why I ray for a combat log every night when I go to sleep.

Edited by Shadare

if you showed me someone doing that much damage in huttball, I'd show you someone who doesn't win a lot of huttball. That was definitely one of the more stupid requests i've heard of. Voidstar is the best judge right now because you're pretty much fighting all the time, whereas alderaan and huttball have lots of travelling time and other things to deal with if you want to win, but Voidstar is pretty straightforward fighting. I have plenty of AoE damage and I've never even touch the 500s. Are you really trying to tell me you think that sorc/sage damage is on par with GS/Sniper and Merc/Commando? This is why I ray for a combat log every night when I go to sleep.

no void star is the worst because its just non stop AOE dmg. considering mercs and commandos can easily put out over 500k in AOE.

yes.

You should check out the power tech who did 800k on voidstar

A merely commonplace occasion of me solo queuing a game that was 1 minute in progress: http://i.imgur.com/8yamL.jpg

good job. How old is that WZ?

That team must of been really really really bad or you're on a really terrible pvp server (if you're even on one). Also, how many times did they all group up and allow you to AOE THEM? i bet it was plenty of grouped up morons getting aoed and chain lightning. The point is you didnt crit anyone for 5k or burn someone down in under 5 seconds. All your dmg was done over long periods of time.

Helm of Graush you're not going to see any sorcs hit 600k in a huttball because there is too many decent pvpers who focus fire sorcerers.

Edited by OsirisZoran

Strange thing, sorcs are defending themselves so hard from there op'ness, claiming its all about skill.

Tho, 75% of all warzones are filled with more sorcs then ANY other class.

I wonder... :rolleyes:

This was happening since beta bro. Sorcerers are just a fun class to play.

Offcourse its fun!

U think it's about skill, but the class has just to much op'ness. Therefor most players are rolling them and u see 75% of the players in a warzone playing them...

It needs a nerf, and we all know it.

Offcourse its fun!

U think it's about skill, but the class has just to much op'ness. Therefor most players are rolling them and u see 75% of the players in a warzone playing them...

Not saying that sorcs are balanced but this is funny coming from a mercenary.

On my server mercenaries and sorcs are played the same amount and make up 80% of our wzs.

Simply put, they're both easy classes that mediocre players can do consistently well on.

Offcourse its fun!

the problem is bad pvpers are getting destroyed by good Sorc players who've been sorcs since day 1.

All these reroll people are going to stop playing their sorcs when they find out that the 500+ expertise geared <insert any class here> just rips through their light armor.

any pvp player with a brain doesnt complain about sorcs because they know they have a equal chance of beating them.

yeah, it's fun because you're better than everyone else. I'm sure for some people it's lots of fun to easily outperform everybody. Makes you feel good inside, doesn't it? Play something else and lemme know how ****** you feel

Hit the sorcs with a nerf bat why don't you. I've put mine away because yeah I can hit top DPS on the score board with my hybrid AoE build but I can't kill a decent self healing class through lack of spike damage.

I do alot more damage with my marauder and peeps seem to think their kinda weak.

STOP looking at the score board to see if a class is OP or UP!

1. A guy playing only the objectives would probally have a lower DPS score.

2. AoE fluff with tics at 150 won't kill anyone, but it will give you a very high dmg score.

3. An excellent player would make a truly underpowered class seem overpowered.

You don't have the database (**** you havn't even got a combat log) to make any assesment of who is or isn't doing to much damage, so stop trying to guess and if you really think a class is that over powered, stop whining and reroll that class, it takes what, two week to reach max level without playing 24/7

the problem is bad pvpers are getting destroyed by good Sorc players who've been sorcs since day 1.

All these reroll people are going to stop playing their sorcs when they find out that the 500+ expertise geared <insert any class here> just rips through their light armor.

any pvp player with a brain doesnt complain about sorcs because they know they have a equal chance of beating them.

This.

If you see a Sorc's bubble pop and your dps dosn't turn and eat the little bastard in two seconds you need to slap your DPS.

yeah, it's fun because you're better than everyone else. I'm sure for some people it's lots of fun to easily outperform everybody. Makes you feel good inside, doesn't it? Play something else and lemme know how ****** you feel

You mean like a BH merc, power tech, operative, scoundrel, guardian, juggernaut, marauder, sentinel, sniper, assassin, shadow, or gunslinger?

All of which can be very successful in pvp if played by competent pvpers?

fun fact. I try to avoid 1v1s with well played power techs because they'll straight dominate me.

Ok I read this thread and took 4 Screenshots of the WZ scoreboard at the end. This isn't selective, I just played 4 games yesterday and screenshot the end of each. I never got 'owned' I never did any owning these are just normal games.

My scores are using Buffs, Relics(x2), and a 3,500k stim. (I'm Sorceror)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hi6y5v.jpg[/img]"]http://i43.tinypic.com/2hi6y5v.jpg

(Top Scoring Inq was Assassin)

http://i44.tinypic.com/23wmuy1.jpg[/img]"]http://i44.tinypic.com/23wmuy1.jpg

(Assassin doing very well again)

http://i39.tinypic.com/bf144y.jpg[/img]"]http://i39.tinypic.com/bf144y.jpg

(Assassin and Smuggler very high scores)

http://i41.tinypic.com/1snz4n.jpg[/img]"]http://i41.tinypic.com/1snz4n.jpg

(Assassins did very well here, though I remember the other team got destroyed so higher than usual maybe)

What I dont see is any high scoring Sorcerors? Massive scoring Assassins, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Troopers and Sage's but Sorcerors are bringing in a pretty pitiful amount of damage.

It's the Sorcerors with Madness tree that's just Dotting everyone that gets high damage, sorcerors geta big lightning sign pointing towards they're non armored bodys..... Move along.

Please note that even when LOOSING Jedi Sages have got MASSIVE damage!!!!

Edited by KEKHAN