The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Space bar was a mistake.

BCBull

If someone in the party says it's their first time or hasn't seen watched the scene yet, ok, I'll bear through it.

Make the Menu's usable so I can craft, RE, Send a companion out to sell, etc...

Or/& let me rock on like at the start of a FP, when you can see someone clearly watching the cinematic that you just skipped.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the topic starter, i personally have done Esseles and Black Talon over 50 times and i never see the desire or need to space bar through every conversation, the problem is that 90%, if not 100% of the players that ask/plead/demand you to space bar through the most vital part of this game are the ones that repeat it multiple times per day.

What i suggest is make all flashpoints a once per day thing, like Heroic quests, that way, you won't see many having a hissy fit because they got to wait 5-10 seconds for a conversation to end.

The ideal solution is to make flashpoints (not just the quest) to be once per day (24hrs from the moment you leave the flashpoint) and leaving in mid-progress counts as a completion to the 'once per day' limit, so those that demand to skip and the other members refuse, its not adviseable to leave like a immature child.

I actually enjoyed the LFG in WoW. I dont want to sit around and wait for a group to form.

Well, the LFG tool was a good idea, but i do not like it when the group rushes through it like they have something to do in real life, when they actually don't.....its how the gaming generation is like right now.......they want it all now, NOW!!! patience in this generation is not a virtue....but a drag.

I think it's good to have the space bar; what we also need is to come up with an easily-recognized term that indicates you'd prefer to appreciate the story, so people joining a group know what to expect. That way, you can post "LFG Story Maelstrom Prison" on the Republic Fleet chat and everyone will know you want to find out the details of the Jedi Prisoner.

The followup is to have the group finder collect preferences (require story, prefer story, neutral, prefer skip, require skip) and never match a "require story" and "require skip" person; if everyone is "prefer" or "neutral", it announces how many group members have each preference.

Another tweak Bioware could do is to put "skip cut scenes" on the Group menu. If everyone in a group selects it (and doing so should put up a notification that they have done so; if they do it before inviting someone to a group, they get notified of the status as soon as they join the group), all cut scenes jump immediately to the choice wheel.