Worse game launch to date? For no reason other than over caution

BoydofZINJ

This has to be the worse way to launch a MMO, or any game, launch ever. It is almost worse than long queues to enter the game!

Bioware is so ... overly cautious that it has denied its service to the people who want to play... only a select few get in each wave. While the rest of us... have to look and wonder why we are not the chosen ones.

Why am I being punished for purchasing a Collector's Edition at Gamestop and did not get a pre-order code until Dec 7th? I have copies and pictures of me with the receipt and pictures of the receipt that shows the purchase was made in July!

So why am I being denied access?

Because I did not rush to the EA website and purchase it on an official EA website!

I repent. I repent. Please, let me in. I am willing to use the Origin website on all future EA purchases! I bought it in September and yet I am not in... and there are people who bought lesser copies of the game... and who bought it AFTER me... who are leveling...

worse yet, when I hit the PvP zones... people will be max level... picking on me... because I am not playing yet. THANKS EA

Worse Launch ever?

It is almost better to be in a long queue and the servers go down... from time to time!!!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the worse way to launch a MMO, or any game, launch ever. It is almost worse than long queues to enter the game!

Bioware is so ... overly cautious that it has denied its service to the people who want to play... only a select few get in each wave. While the rest of us... have to look and wonder why we are not the chosen ones.

Why am I being punished for purchasing a Collector's Edition at Gamestop and did not get a pre-order code until Dec 7th? I have copies and pictures of me with the receipt and pictures of the receipt that shows the purchase was made in July!

Because I did not rush to the EA website and purchase it on an official EA website!

I repent. I repent. Please, let me in. I am willing to use the Origin website on all future EA purchases! I bought it in September and yet I am not in... and there are people who bought lesser copies of the game... and who bought it AFTER me... who are leveling...

worse yet, when I hit the PvP zones... people will be max level... picking on me... because I am not playing yet. THANKS EA

Worse Launch ever?

It is almost better to be in a long queue and the servers go down... from time to time!!!

so, its the worst launch ever cause you didnt get a code from gamestop quick enough? oh, okay... :rolleyes:

Edited by Cias

I prefer invites perhaps I'm biased because I've been in for two days now, but I prefer that over being in a queue and then your net DC's and then you lose your place in the queue and have to start over again where as with a invite you can do it when ever you want when you want.

Worse Launch ever?

Its not a launch, its a marketing scheme.

I prefer invites perhaps I'm biased because I've been in for two days now, but I prefer that over being in a queue and then your net DC's and then you lose your place in the queue and have to start over again where as with a invite you can do it when ever you want when you want.

Imagine you did not get the invite ... for what ever reason. How would you feel? That is how I am feeling. It only seems good, if you are inside playing. Being on the outside watching in... it is... sad panda time.

so, its the worst launch ever cause you didnt get a code from gamestop quick enough? oh, okay... :rolleyes:

Um...if you have something that says you bought it in July....but then say you purchased in September....kind of confusing. Might want to get you facts straight before you start ************. The game does not start until the 20th...anything earlier is a thanks to BA....

pictures of the receipt that shows the purchase was made in July!

I repent. I repent. Please, let me in. I am willing to use the Origin website on all future EA purchases! I bought it in September

Wait I'm confused did you buy two copies or just get your purchase date all mixed up?

You haven't played very many MMOs if you think this is the worst launch of all time.

have played them all since everquest 1. i can assure you by far that this one is the worse most unfair launch ever.

Edited by Ariadna

You haven't played very many MMOs if you think this is the worst launch of all time.

I have played many MMOs where you sit in queue for hours... and hours seem like days. Then the server craps out. Rift, Warhammer Online, Age of Crap, DCUO, Vanguard, Lineage 2, and a few others.... in many ways... this only seems good... if YOU are invited early. Otherwise, it feels like you have been cheated. Worse yet, I did not get a pre-order code early enough... and because I bought a $149.99+tax product versus a digital download for $79.99 ... it seems I am being penalized. That is the kicker. If I was only buying a normal copy... then i could say... "OH YEA... MY FAULT FOR NOT GIVING EA MORE OF THE MONEY." But I am buying the most expensive version of the game, and I bought it before many of the people playing the game... and yet... I am the one being penalized... and I am still shelling out more money than most of the people who are playing. The frustration is boiling.

Worse Launch ever?

-quickly calls 911 and gets the WAHmbulance dispatched-

The game has not launched yet so I dont know what the complaint is. I think the whole idea everyone will be lvl 50 in a week is a tad exaggerated. I was in beta for some time and it isnt an easy task leveling to 50. If you do it in a week that means you dont sleep, eat or shower heh.

The game has not launched yet so I dont know what the complaint is. I think the whole idea everyone will be lvl 50 in a week is a tad exaggerated. I was in beta for some time and it isnt an easy task leveling to 50. If you do it in a week that means you dont sleep, eat or shower heh.

it is when you use a known bug to exploit it.:rolleyes:

Wait I'm confused did you buy two copies or just get your purchase date all mixed up?

I bought the CE at Gamestop. To this date, the store has yet to receive pre-order codes. When it was announced that the early access can be upto a week in advance... i bought a SECOND copy of the game... a lesser version... a $79.99 version... versus the CE $149.99. So think about that, I have bought two games... and I am not even playing yet. The CE purchase was in July.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.