I Bet There Are More Sorcerers on 1 Server Than Scoundrels on ALL Servers Combined

DunsparrowSolo

The Scoundrel has to be the least-played class in the game. Look at the forum activity in this forum compared to Sorcerer or Bounty Hunter.

Since almost no one plays this class, shouldn't BW be looking for ways to encourage more people to play the class instead of nerfing our only viable spec into oblivion?

Sadly they are nerfing us BECAUSE of the massive population gap. All the Sorcs are crying becuase there exists a class designed to counter them perfectly, which can drop and control them so well. Sadly, because they are all whining, Bioware can do nothing but "fix" that.

Also, Smuggler is a very hard class to play, and Scoundrel especially. Combine that with being a late bloomer, our endgame gear looking terrible, and the fact that Trooper and Jedi seem much "cooler" and you have the perfect storm for not many smuggler players.

Also, Smuggler is a very hard class to play, and Scoundrel especially. Combine that with being a late bloomer, our endgame gear looking terrible, and the fact that Trooper and Jedi seem much "cooler" and you have the perfect storm for not many smuggler players.

I think they look way cooler than troopers (though admittedly, I hate the weird capes in this game). The story is also not serious-face-army-man or serious-face-jedi-knight. That has to count for something. Apparently it doesn't to a lot of people.

As for how hard it is to play, honestly I think at least in solo PvE it functions very well, just not for the first 20ish levels. After that, sure other classes might still be easier to play (I remember a certain moment on my operative when I felt everything was just working and then suddenly a bounty hunter walked by and annihilated everything in one Death From Above... sigh), but I'm not afraid to push a few extra buttons.

Regarding the scoundrel population, yes it's very low. Probably the rarest AC on my server, completely contradicting the ridiculous cries of FOTM coming from the PvP whiners. Oh well, what can you do.

The Scoundrel has to be the least-played class in the game. Look at the forum activity in this forum compared to Sorcerer or Bounty Hunter.

Since almost no one plays this class, shouldn't BW be looking for ways to encourage more people to play the class instead of nerfing our only viable spec into oblivion?

No, they shouldn't. It isn't Biowares job to make each class have an equal representation, it is their job to keep all classes basically equal in terms of power.

The reason there aren't many scoundrels in the game has nothing to do with how powerful we are or are not...if I had to guess it is mainly because the people who wanted to focus on melee dps thought that the two jedi options for melee dps sounded cooler than a smuggler melee dps...Hell, I bet a lot of people actually assumed Smugglers couldn't even be melee dps because Han Solo essentially only used a blaster to fight with.

Believe it or not, but on my server there were MORE(!) Scoundrels then Gunslingers on last night. And yes, I know OP was talking about Sorcs, but still, I'm getting to the point where I see scoundrels all the time (couldn't group yesterday without there being another one in the group), so I guess people are starting to go scoundrel for alts or something.

There are still about 2x more Sages then Scoundrels though...

No, they shouldn't. It isn't Biowares job to make each class have an equal representation, it is their job to keep all classes basically equal in terms of power.

Actually, its both. I understand that your point is that these are conflicting goals because you see Scoundrel as OP.

I agree that Scrapper burst is too strong.

However, our sustained damage is definitely weaker than most other classes, and our survivability and utility are almost non-existent. After the patch, we'll have nothing at all that is better than a Shadow (our closest cousin).

These over-the-top nerfs are just going to push even more Scoundrels away. Yes, we need a nerf to our burst. I would even be happy with all the changes they have made. However, we need our sustained DPS increased significantly, and we need more survivability/utility.

I think it could be safe to change the topic to:

I Bet There Are More Sorcerers on 1 Server Than Smugglers on ALL Servers Combined

Or at least just as many. To me it seems like Slingers are less common than Scoundrels though. Not that it matters, and perhaps it's just my server. Though I have been seeing a few low levelled smugglers lately.

Also, did I mention that I think this is a really good thing? I love being the least played class!

Edited by JSandgren

Very rare to run into another Scoundrel. Heck, Its even rare to find a gunslinger. The class has been losing quite a few players since news about the nerfs came out. We're an endangered species :jawa_frown:

I'm not happy about the armor penetration nerf and the non-attention they've been giving the healing and Dirty Fighting trees (actually, the last part is much worse than the nerf).

Still, I see it as a challenge. I may ultimately suck no matter what I do because of my class, but I'm still aiming to play well.

Besides, who wants to run around shooting lightning at everything. It was cool when we saw Palpatine do it the first time. After a couple of times watching the movie, it wasn't so cool anymore. By now it's overdone and boring, and everybody seems to love it anyway.

Personally, I think in a world filled with jedi magic nonsense, neon swords and GI Joes, the scoundrel's style is refreshing. There's nothing I enjoy more in the game than finding some pompous sith prancing around, and shooting him in the back with my shotgun. Yeah, cool lightsaber you have there. If you're lucky, your character even giggles while you kill him.

Edited by thecoffeecup

Will be my first alt, after they implemented legacy system. So tell them to implent that right away... :p