Would you support a PvP item drop system

CrunchyGremlin

that would rule if the game had such a focus. this isn't a hardcore pvp game, i'm sorry to say. there is no way it would fly if you lost your helmet or something in open world pvp.

maybe if you had the option of fitting a special pvp trinket, which gives you pvp benefits, but is lost upon death.

i don't know.

that would rule if the game had such a focus. this isn't a hardcore pvp game, i'm sorry to say. there is no way it would fly if you lost your helmet or something in open world pvp.

maybe if you had the option of fitting a special pvp trinket, which gives you pvp benefits, but is lost upon death.

i don't know.

PvP only gear. PvE gear doesnt drop?

Something where on death and release you lose your gear. its either destroyed or dropped.

Only in OWPvP.

Yes, I support full loot in a 7 fps zone. Since the game has no pvp content anyway, I'm also in favor of perma death. That way, people get a chance to experience more of the story!

Problem- one side never shows up for owPvP because they might die, there is no penalty for dying though.

Solution- make it so that when they show up for pvp and get stomped, they lose their gear.

Yup, I can see this working so well to fix Ilum's problems.

Yes, I support full loot in a 7 fps zone. Since the game has no pvp content anyway, I'm also in favor of perma death. That way, people get a chance to experience more of the story!

Man permadeath.

Now that is hardcore.

Flip on the permadeath mode and get 10X exp/valorfor 10 minutes min.

Hell yeah.

Problem- one side never shows up for owPvP because they might die, there is no penalty for dying though.

Solution- make it so that when they show up for pvp and get stomped, they lose their gear.

Yup, I can see this working so well to fix Ilum's problems.

population imbalance is something else altogether.

Stay on target.

People would mock you less, if you had at least one lvl 50 character that has enjoyed the mind blowing pvp on Ilum.

True that.

I am hoping Ilum will be a stunning experience including a loot system when i get there.

Actually i have been to ilum.

It was all republic owned and i saw not one imperial...

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

Lol, your not the first one to suggest putting something like this in game.

Never gonna happen, game aims to grab up casual gamers. I would never do open world pvp or even bother with pvp gear if my **** dropped.. Replace it? your out of your mind, 20 champ bags and not loot at this point.

Ahhh, I thought this thread would be in reference to actually spawning drops on dead players, kind of like what they did in Rift, where you could actually loot player bodies.

Of course, it wasn't their equipment and they didn't lose anything, but it's still fun to actually loot something.

I think there're already a few threads about 'Hardcore PvP' rulesets for new servers with specific rules such as being able to loot bodies and such. Given the choice, I'd definitely have at least one character there, if only for the added tension.

Lol, your not the first one to suggest putting something like this in game.

Never gonna happen, game aims to grab up casual gamers. I would never do open world pvp or even bother with pvp gear if my **** dropped.. Replace it? your out of your mind, 20 champ bags and not loot at this point.

Yeah or use it only when it counts.

Or only use what you can afford to lose.

But it is a casual game. I lot of folks would literally cry and/or RQ and that is not cool but im not sure i would mind all that much if they did...

That might solve the population imbalances dont you think?

Ahhh, I thought this thread would be in reference to actually spawning drops on dead players, kind of like what they did in Rift, where you could actually loot player bodies.

Of course, it wasn't their equipment and they didn't lose anything, but it's still fun to actually loot something.

I think there're already a few threads about 'Hardcore PvP' rulesets for new servers with specific rules such as being able to loot bodies and such. Given the choice, I'd definitely have at least one character there, if only for the added tension.

That is not a terrible idea... but still not as cool as gear drops.

yeah one or two hardcore PVE servers and 1 or 2 hardcore PvP servers.

that would do the trick if it was properly developed.

Such as crafters and such being able to make PvP gear.

Something where on death and release you lose your gear. its either destroyed or dropped.

Only in OWPvP and only PvP gear.

Sure. I totally support it.

It'll kill the game deader than a cannonball doing 900 meters per second to the back of the head. But why not?

jezus this forum really is full of 15 year old armchair warriors that talk tough, an rant at you for just about anything :( It is amusing though, your all so tough but terrified of anything that doesn't allow you to have instant shinys. As for OP, I get what your saying mate (7 years in EVE) but it wouldn't work in a theme park. Plus todays player base is far to self centered to have it work.

Yeah or use it only when it counts.

Or only use what you can afford to lose.

But it is a casual game. I lot of folks would literally cry and/or RQ and that is not cool but im not sure i would mind all that much if they did...

That might solve the population imbalances dont you think?

would lead to bigger issues though, like more subscriptions lost

I actually played a game where you lost most of your stuff on death, Pirates of the Burning Sea. Death meant the loss of a life of your ship, the loss of your cargo and the loss of your outfittings (mods). The enemy would sail off with your cargo and - if they were a pirate - with you lost ship life.

The game failed, hard. The 4 factions were badly imbalanced, with extremely predictable consequences. But even for the winners, it was harsh. To win the big Realm versus Realm battles, you needed what's called Ships of the Line, floating fortresses. The best ones of which cost so much in in game resources and money, most owners who lost a life on those (and the big ships only had 2 lives) quit the game. And these were HARDCORE pvpers.

And that's just it, isn't it. Players put a lot of work in that gear, months of it. Seeing all that effort gone is not something people can stomach. And in PVP there is always SOMEONE at the bottom, someone who loses.

So no, I will never, ever play a game like that again. I saw how fast our population dwindled, how fast our faction died, till the point where we only had (literally) a handful of PVPers left. That crap is simply bad for games.

I much prefer the system that was used in Warhammer, where you could get armor and weapon drops off player corpses, including gold pvp armor, but where this gear is NOT taken away from the dead player, but from the random PVP loot table.

Edited by Broom

I actually played a game where you lost most of your stuff on death, Pirates of the Burning Sea. Death meant the loss of a life of your ship, the loss of your cargo and the loss of your outfittings (mods). The enemy would sail off with your cargo and - if they were a pirate - with you lost ship life.

The game failed, hard. The 4 factions were badly imbalanced, with extremely predictable consequences. But even for the winners, it was harsh. To win the big Realm versus Realm battles, you needed what's called Ships of the Line, floating fortresses. The best ones of which cost so much in in game resources and money, most owners who lost a life on those (and the big ships only had 2 lives) quit the game. And these were HARDCORE pvpers.

And that's just it, isn't it. Players put a lot of work in that gear, months of it. Seeing all that effort gone is not something people can stomach. And in PVP there is always SOMEONE at the bottom, someone who loses.

So no, I will never, ever play a game like that again. I saw how fast our population dwindled, how fast our faction died, till the point where we only had (literally) a handful of PVPers left. That crap is simply bad for games.

I much prefer the system that was used in Warhammer, where you could get armor and weapon drops off player corpses, including gold pvp armor, but where this gear is NOT taken away from the dead player, but from the random PVP loot table.

well im sorry you played a crappy MMO.

EvE has a full drop system and it works great. Even including huge capital ships that if using money to buy in game money would cost hundreds or thousands of real dollars.

So it can be done even in a casual setting like this.

In this game id say PvP gear drops only.

just learn the economy of what can be lost and replaced.

It is better for the overall game as it creates a need for PvE at the top level if credits can be used to buy PvP gear. If crafters can make the gear even better.

As one EvE pirate explained to me.

I PvE for the week so i can get killer combat for the weekend.

I myself found the level at which i could sustain PvP in eve and played there.

At about battle cruisers losing 2 or 3 a week.

In any case one of the main things is does is equalize the battlefield.

You can take your spiffy gear into combat you just have to use it smartly and be in a good group so your chances of survival are better.

Otherwise people that dont have the good stuff can still compete as they have literally nothing to lose and yet can still contribute as the "bad guys" are not using the pvp gear to its full advantage so they are more balanced.

Their chances of getting rolled is lower as the enemy has to have some balls carrying all of their good gear to just do some general combat.

Maybe they would use more of it for objectives and major pushes.

There becomes an economy based around PvP.

When done right it works great. I think it could be done here.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin