4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

I can respect that.

You and everyone else should have stated it like that every time instead of the RAGE posts.

;)

Mate, go look at the EU maintenance threads. We have asked for all of this over and over, and are still yet to receive a response. Most of the reasons why you see these threads deteriorate is because unaffected players come here to put down the issues that we have. It's very easy to see these as trivial matters when you are not directly affected.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekends are my playtime. Keeping the servers down on a saturday for anything less than a disaster is completely unacceptable. Doing so with only a copy-paste "normal maintenance" note is even worse.

I feel we had a simple agreement, i give them money and they provide me with a game to play. Bioware seems to disagree. Downtime is unavoidable of course, but willfully putting said downtime during the weekend is not respectful.

SWTOR is a good game, but there are many other good games out there and a limited amount of time available to play them. If i cannot rely on SWTOR to be up during the weekend it is not a good choice for me.

Account cancelled.

Mate, go look at the EU maintenance threads. We have asked for all of this over and over, and are still yet to receive a response. Most of the reasons why you see these threads deteriorate is because unaffected players come here to put down the issues that we have. It's very easy to see these as trivial matters when you are not directly affected.

I play very odd hours, m8. I"m affected by EVERY maintenance period.

I just don't feel justified to QQ when they are trying to improve the game so early post-launch. 6months to a year, maybe. 1month and an emergency patch...nope.

I just don't feel justified to QQ when they are trying to improve the game so early post-launch. 6months to a year, maybe. 1month and an emergency patch...nope.

if you are playing in the US then they take down servers for maintenance during off peak hours.. You have no right to complain when you could play on the EU servers which have oh wait...

Weekends are my playtime. Keeping the servers down on a saturday for anything less than a disaster is completely unacceptable. Doing so with only a copy-paste "normal maintenance" note is even worse.

I feel we had a simple agreement, i give them money and they provide me with a game to play. Bioware seems to disagree. Downtime is unavoidable of course, but willfully putting said downtime during the weekend is not respectful.

SWTOR is a good game, but there are many other good games out there and a limited amount of time available to play them. If i cannot rely on SWTOR to be up during the weekend it is not a good choice for me.

Account cancelled.

/salute?

My comments in Red ;)

LMAO good show.

Yes I agree that the '2nd class citizens' is thrown about too easily. I doubt there's an internal memo suggesting that all BW staff 'do as much as possible to aggrevate those buggers from the old world!'.

I still believe it's worth asking for equality in TOR. Not life changing changes that some may be suggesting but just parity with what WoW and Rift offer their EU playerbase.

Aren't WoW and Rift TOR's closest competitors? Shouldn't Bioware strive to at least match those companies in regards to customer service and playerbase perceptions of equality?

Now if the reason is that to cut costs Bioware went on the cheap and obtained some form of antique server hardware that can't be adjusted to fit what WoW and Rift do weekly with their NA/EU patching...then I guess I'm buggered :)

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Well the point is, the EU don't need to play odd hours to be affected. Many are affected when playing normal hours.

if you are playing in the US then they take down servers for maintenance during off peak hours.. You have no right to complain when you could play on the EU servers which have oh wait...

WAIT......I would have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN?

I would have every right to complain as you. My time is interrupted. There is nothing that states 'well if you play odd hours then who cares'.

I just don't see a point in QQing right now because I prefer these fixes/updates get live.

But because you say that I HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, then I say you have zero, zip, zilch right to even post a complaint about it.

:mad:

Its and emergency patch for an issue that has existed for how long? More than a month is my guess?

How is it warranted to take down the servers for such an **** issue? There are a LOT of other similar issues, are they gonna do a 4 hour emergency maintenance for all of them? We may as well come back in june as thats when the server will be back up^^

Its and emergency patch for an issue that has existed for how long? More than a month is my guess?

How is it warranted to take down the servers for such an **** issue? There are a LOT of other similar issues, are they gonna do a 4 hour emergency maintenance for all of them? We may as well come back in june as thats when the server will be back up^^

You ever played any other MMO at launch?

SWTOR has them all beat thus far for stability and up time.

;)

;)

Well saying that others have failed more doesn't really cut it for me but this is my first mmo :o

Also its about stupid management decisions not specifically the problems with the game :)

Edited by GrumpySwe

Wish this reply surprised me. Also wish that Bioware forums had an /ignore feature.

There is an ignore feature! I just started using it and I'm amazed at how readable the forums are. Just click the moron in question's name and you'll see an ignore button on their user page.

Just take 15 min sometime and ignore all the dummies who post stupid, self-important, supposed-to-be-funny, whining, snarky, empty words. Granted, I'll have 75% of the user base ignored at this rate, but at least I can read a discussion and not bile from a bunch of self-entitled kids and know-it-all MMO hermits.

On topic: Yeah, maintenance on a Friday night is ridiculous. And to EU players, its all relative. I play mainly after midnight so I get screwed the same as you, so stop acting special. I understand that Bioware has some growing pains to get through with this game, but they should have better judgement than to schedule maintenance on a weekend.

Well saying that others have failed more doesn't really cut it for me but this is my first mmo :o

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMOs.

There will be maintenance. Sometimes emergency, sometimes scheduled. There will be stretches where there is no maintenance, then boom, every other day it will seem.

Every MMO is like this.

You just have to take it with a grain of salt, so to speak.

There is an ignore feature! I just started using it and I'm amazed at how readable the forums are. Just click the moron in question's name and you'll see an ignore button on their user page.

Just take 15 min sometime and ignore all the dummies who post stupid, self-important, supposed-to-be-funny, whining, snarky, empty words. Granted, I'll have 75% of the user base ignored at this rate, but at least I can read a discussion and not bile from a bunch of self-entitled kids and know-it-all MMO hermits.

On topic: Yeah, maintenance on a Friday night is ridiculous. And to EU players, its all relative. I play mainly after midnight so I get screwed the same as you, so stop acting special. I understand that Bioware has some growing pains to get through with this game, but they should have better judgement than to schedule maintenance on a weekend.

Your maintenance is through the night when the majority of your players are in bed. What we are asking for is that our maintenance be scheduled through the night when the majority of our players are in bed.

The best part is, EU maintenance will not affect the US. US players get to keep their through the night maintenance, nothing changes. We just want the same as what you have.

Edited by Mandrax

Sweet, the first person for my ignore list.

;)

I agree. However, that doesn't mean they should shut the servers down on the weekend when people have free time to actually play. Shut the servers down during the week when the vast majority of people are working (or in school) anyways. The fixes that went in with this patch could have waited a couple more days.

If it's an emergency, sure. Shut the servers down. But I think most here agree that this patch wasn't an emergency.

Edited by EcrirTwyLar

I can respect that.

You and everyone else should have stated it like that every time instead of the RAGE posts.

;)

The thing is, and I learned this too....the animosity comes from both sides. If you come into the argument with pre-conceived notions that the EU player base are whining and just wanting to be catered to, well, already you will be seen as aggressive.

It's all in how you come off in your rebuttals. Being insulting and belittling others by implying they are stupid does not help the discussion. I really and truly pretty much felt the same way you did when I started reading this thread. But once I thought about the other side and their perspective, I can now see they have a VERY valid point.

I love it when the community actually comes together and share thoughts and ideas....or even just silliness. When there is mudslinging I get sad D: I resolve to be more understanding from this point forward!

/sage nod

Edited by Kabjat

I love it when the community actually comes together and share thoughts and ideas....or even just silliness. When there is mudslinging I get sad D: I resolve to be more understanding for this point forward!

/sage nod

That would be a wonderful, amazing thing. Its unfortunate that on the rare occasion that we do come together its usually to sling mud somewhere else. Oh well, human nature I suppose. If there were more decent people online there would be more Jedi in-game.

On topic again: I don't think you EU players will suffer long. It can't be more than a couple months before Bioware gets it right and schedules EU downtime more appropriately. Try to focus through the red haze of anger and you'll remember that this is a company that has made a lot of our favorite games over the years. Give em time to figure their **** out and I think this game will have a decent future.

The thing is, and I learned this too....the animosity comes from both sides. If you come into the argument with pre-conceived notions that the EU player base are whining and just wanting to be catered to, well, already you will be seen as aggressive.

It's all in how you come off in your rebuttals. Being insulting and belittling others by implying they are stupid does not help the discussion. I really and truly pretty much felt the same way you did when I started reading this thread. But once I thought about the other side and their perspective, I can now see they have a VERY valid point.

I love it when the community actually comes together and share thoughts and ideas....or even just silliness. When there is mudslinging I get sad D: I resolve to be more understanding from this point forward!

/sage nod

I agree with the sentiments of that poster, but not with the approach nor really the passion behind it.

Maintenance is a way of life for MMOs. There will always be someone who is interrupted.

I mean, some posts have been RAGE QUIT SUB CANCELLED.

Others have been BW WILL NOT TELL ME HOW TO GIVE FEEDBACK even though their posts was a wall of /rant and nothing constructive came out of it.

There have been quit a few, however; that have stated their concerns in a very constructive fashion. It just seems that most are raging and name calling. Case in point is the person I responded to in that post of mine that you quoted. He was raging and name calling, so I asked him to tell me his views. To my surprise he actually responded in a coherent and rational manner. That is rare.

Edited by Azzras

Account cancelled.

+1

if anyone else thinks the same please reply to this mesage :) and we shall see how many we get.

lol @ people cancelling their accounts because they had ONE 4 four server maint during early MORNING hours on a saturday.

Your loss. You wont be missed. Good riddance.

Edited by Xkore

This isn't going to be a poor me post, just a simple point of view.

My only play times are 12AM-2AM PST, after my wife has gone to sleep and I get "me" time. I started SWTOR last Sunday and in the 7 days since, I will have lost 3 days of playtime. I pay for this service and in return, I expect nothing more than fairness. In my opinion, this current scheme is not fair to me and others in my situation (especially the poor EU people). I'm not going to change my family time, workout time, or lifestyle to play a game during different hours. Not to mention the people I play with have a similar schedule and half of playing an MMO is playing with others that you enjoy playing with.

Some on here seem to like to degrade those of us who are upset by saying we should do other things with our time. The level of arrogance they display is quite sad to me. It seems they know my lifestyle and can therefore make their expert recommendations on what I should do with my free time. Personally, I think my wife would be upset if I went on a date but that's just me. Maybe these people can talk to her and get her OK on that?

My sub is cancelled even though I like the game and could easily see playing long term. I will not, however, pay for a service that does not fit my schedule. I wouldn't pay for a gym that closed down during my workout hours at least once a week. Would you? It's frustrating because all I want is fairness. If BW rotated the hours every month, I would be absolutely content. If BW left half the servers up and patched them after the first set was done patching, I'd absolutely play alts on a different server. The only response seems to be deal with it.

Well, I have.

I agree with the sentiments, but not with the approach nor really the passion behind it.

Maintenance is a way of life for MMOs. There will always be someone who is interrupted.

I mean, some posts have been RAGE QUIT SUB CANCELLED.

Others have been BW WILL NOT TELL ME HOW TO GIVE FEEDBACK even though their posts was a wall of /rant and nothing constructive came out of it.

There have been quit a few, however; that have stated their concerns in a very constructive fashion. It just seems that most are raging and name calling. Case in point is the person I responded to in that post of mine that you quoted. He was raging and name calling, so I asked him to tell me his views. To my surprise he actually responded in a coherent and rational manner. That is rare.

So it should be done at a time when the LEAST amount of people per region are affected. This way they know they are inconveniencing the smallest number. Stop ignoring the obvious.

Maintenance is not currently fair. It is not currently done at a time when the least number of EU players are affected. Maintenance is done at a time when it is the most convenient for the US player base. These are all facts.

Why do you insist on putting aside the real issues in favour of pointing out all the negative ones? It's as if you are purposefully trying to derail these threads in some sort of attempt to devalue the opinions we have here.

I could ask why your only two friends on these boards are Stephen Reid and Georg Zoeller and throw up some conspiracy theory on why you are so vehemently defending BioWare, but it doesn't help our case.

Stick to the real issues. I have told you what the real issues are, yet you still waste time talking about the negative posts rather than focusing on what is really important here.

Edited by Mandrax