The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

Tell that to EVERY MMO creator ever who has extended their downtime...ie every one of them. You must be new here.

Yes very mature and intelligent argument. been playing different MMO's since '04 and seen well maintained games and seen total flops as well. I have also been working in software development (quality control to be exact) for the past 7 years so I'd like to think I do have some perspective about how things can (and should) work.

And no, not trying to boast with my credentials, they dont make me any more right in this or any other matter. Then again I must be new to MMO's and shoftware development becose I dont agree with you and actually know what Im talking about...

Edited by C-Bee

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been the ONLY time it's fallen on peak hours for you guys.

Every other time is in the afternoon on weekdays...Hardly peak hours.

Extreme Hyberbole.

You do realise that, despite what they publish about GMT times, most of europe is +2/+3/+4 to GMT, so these patches that end at 4pm GMT actually end at 5,6,7,8....

Wow, I have read your replies and they just amaze me. 1st, I am american, but now live overseas and just can't believe how belittling you are to other people. I also get the impression that if the middle of your Saturday was taking down for around 8 hours you wouldn't be very happy.

I can't say if this downtime was poorly planned, but I will say I am disappointed in it. I work all week and was looking forwarded to my evening of play when my boys were away with their mother.

Next, Did any patch actually happen?? When I logged on just now, there was no patch? Does that mean they ran into a big issue and didn't apply the patch? Does that mean we are going to hear about it again the next day and suffer through another weekend loss.

Would love to hear some true response from bioware. I won't be quitting over this, I love the game, but would love to see some caring response from bioware.

Next, I really think it is so poor they lock down the forums during any dowtime.

because everyone feels they are entitled to everything...Its silly...

The patch was server side

and I wouldn't mind if my playtime was knocked out for 8 hours on a saturday...I'd go do something else. I don't rely on this game.

people don't listen to logic. You try to be logical and they throw it back in your face. I've tried being calm with people over things and tried to explain possible reasons but they get ignored. I haven't belittled imo, I've simply told the truth of the matter. The truth is they are trying to help and people are never happy. They want everything when they want it and when they can't have it they ***** about it. Its exhausting.

Ok - so it was an emergency patch, announced 6-8 hours in advance. IF it was an emergency why wasnt it applied earlier.

thats right, because earlier would have been in the evening US time.

Can you imagine the crying then?

Yeah the same as it is now? its no different anytime they go offline. Tuesday you will see the same even though people all know tuesdays are the day.

Yeah the same as it is now? its no different anytime they go offline. Tuesday you will see the same even though people all know tuesdays are the day.

Yes - and I even answered this just above - because on a tuesday:

You do realise that, despite what they publish about GMT times, most of europe is +2/+3/+4 to GMT, so these patches that end at 4pm GMT actually end at 5,6,7,8....

Why can't European servers have their maintenance downtime at a more civilised time instead of the same time as American servers. The time zone difference means that Euro servers are down during the day, whereas US ones are in the early hours of the morning when fewer ppl are on line. Blizzard can do it with WoW, there's no real reason why it can't be done on SWTOR, or are we so unimportant compared to the almighty USA?

Extreme Hyberbole.

off-peak and peak are two different things.

Off-peak hours (lowest pop) are generally 3am-8am

Peak hours (highest pop) are generally 6pm-12pm

Weekends are different.

All the other hours are average hours, meaning decent amount of people, but not peak.

Not a single maintenance or patch has hit EU off-peak. They have ALL, even the EMERGENCY patches, been conveniently delayed till US off-peak hours.

Several of them have influenced peak hours since delaying just a little makes the patches hit the GMT +2 peak hours instantly.

and

1) Who are you to say that's not critical\

2) Who are you to say that's all they fixed. Undocumented fixes happen all the time..especially when they deal with exploits.

Me:

1) The man that pays them MONEY! And I wanna SERVICE

2) The man with GREAT MMO-experience! And know about rly professional ways to make community happy! :mad:

Edited by Parali
avoiding language filter

That saturday maintaince is just talking the piss on us. it was a minmal small patch, it took 6 hours and we didnt get compensations. and the kicker is that we have paid for the game and are paying to play it. Im tired of their lack of undertanding for the community and our wishs, so im out. Let them go F2P, their Customer service is lousy and shows that they do not care about anything other than making money and fixing "exploits" that are not critical.

Extreme Hyberbole.

You do know the EU isn't one time zone? Some of the 'afternoon' slot falls evening time for some people. The one this coming week, for example, that is expected to finish at 4pm GMT means that for some people they won't be playing until 8.00pm their time.

So while 4.00pm may seem like afternoon time and off-peak, for someone it is smack bang in the middle of their evening prime time.

66 pages of wah wah wah... Makes me sick. You all sound like fat children. No No... Veruca from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Here's a tip... SWTOR is not a necessity in life it's FN GAME! Quit whining and do something productive. Servers go down... at least they're not crashing. *****es. Edited by Notannos
filter

Extreme Hyberbole.

Keep up or keep out :p

Once before and it was 22.30 on a weekday. Yes, that's 10.30 pm. Some would call it primetime. Heck, i'd guess 'everyone' would call that primetime.

So that's 2 times in 5 weeks. Also every tuesday it goes upto primetime in the EU. Every single week from now until it ever changes. Every single 'extended' downtime will cut into EU primetime. Again for clarity....every single extended patch from now until eternity will cut into the EU primetime matey.

P.S. The USA has not been affected once (primetmie wise) so far and will never be so as their downtime is 'safe' even when extended.

No harm done but this obviously doesn't concern you as you don't live in the EU so if you must hop in and comment please make sure of your facts.

Why can't they just do it like Blizz and patch US and EU seperately? Back then, US always got patches first, we got them 1 day later, but maintenance was on wednesday morning, 3 am - 9/10 am instead of 9am - 17pm + all the other extra maintenance they have to do (and their amount is just insane). Especially on Saturdays the morning hours till 3 pm are basically the ones where people play most, 3pm - 20pm most people wtach football (well, weird people with wierd 2nd class sportevents call it "soccer"), premier League, Bundesliga, Primera Division all playing during these hours.

Yes - and I even answered this just above - because on a tuesday:

People are gonna QQ no matter what time they are offline. If you really think bioware has a hate for europe and a love for the US unsub.

Not much more I can say there. They have numbers and if they see the entire playerbase low at a certain time and say this is our target time so be it. Sure its hitting someones prime time...always will.

I bet you typed sub cancled about 50 times already but your still playing... fool

Actually, no. This is the first time I've ever cancelled a sub for other reasons than me not affording the game (be it lack of money or time).

Sub is cancelled, gametime expires Feb 18th. I don't expect to log in again as I've started up LotrO and still have a gazillion singleplayer games to play besides.

People are gonna QQ no matter what time they are offline. If you really think bioware has a hate for europe and a love for the US unsub.

Not much more I can say there. They have numbers and if they see the entire playerbase low at a certain time and say this is our target time so be it. Sure its hitting someones prime time...always will.

No - they chose to do a single down time.

Therefore they look when the least number of people are online over all, not when the least are offline for each server cluster.

What they actually think is if they ignore it long enough people will stop complaining about it and put up with it.

The thing is, it doesnt HAVE to hit peoples prime times. Split the maintenance.

Actually, no. This is the first time I've ever cancelled a sub for other reasons than me not affording the game (be it lack of money or time).

Sub is cancelled, gametime expires Feb 18th. I don't expect to log in again as I've started up LotrO and still have a gazillion singleplayer games to play besides.

Then why are you still here? None of this should matter if you even did cancel. You either didn't cancel or you just love to hear yourself whine and moan.

No - they chose to do a single down time.

Therefore they look when the least number of people are online over all, not when the least are offline for each server cluster.

What they actually think is if they ignore it long enough people will stop complaining about it and put up with it.

The thing is, it doesnt HAVE to hit peoples prime times. Split the maintenance.

You mean split Europe...NA...and I say why not go further right? PST...CST...EST...lets make Bioware set up teams in every timezone. See where thats going?

You think you are entitled to your own patch times...why shouldent everyone then?

And they do have quality.

This patch just happened to happen at a bad time for them.

Yes they do... they have BAD quality atleast when it comes to customer service regarding this game.

Edited by C-Bee