4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

Yes, Bioware should call up everyone before they patch something.. if it conflicts with one person because they are afraid to lose the sub. They wont patch.. Rinse, repeat.. No patches ever

I keep forgetting my [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags it seems.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First mmo experience?

New game is new.

It will recieve patches, updates, bug squashes, exploit fixes, etc etc

Not just on maintenance day either.

This happens with mmo's that have been out for 10+ years.

Welcome aboard.

ZzZzZzZz Did you copy paste this generic answer from MMOFanBoy.com? If you have nothing interesting to add to the conversation it's better to shut up.

That applies to me so I will shut up (I am sorry but I hate that generic BS answer).

Because there are PEOPLE that work for the company. The computer doesn't just shut it down and do it automatically. They have to CALL IN the people who work on the systems...They have to make sure they ALL can make it on a day they wouldn't normally be doing this, and they have to make sure the patch is ready...There's logistics here you are ignoring but it must be nice to live in a world that doesn't require labor and manpower to get things done. To not understand that there are people working on the game and that they deserve a decent timeframe too.

If the patch was made after the anouncement was made then I gurantee you that the fixes did not go through any kind of proper quality control process and should not have been rushed on live servers. On the other hand, if the patch was ready and they just had to call in people, the patch must have been in works for some time already (more than 24 hours) and it could not possibly have been so important patch that it had to be applied during weekend.

Based on the ignorance in this thread you would think Bioware was sitting in a little room somewhere thinking of ways to annoy their EU playerbase as much as they can.

If it didn't need to be done, they wouldn't do it. Period. If you're so attached to the game you get this angry, maybe it's best you don't play it.

It's a safe bet Arena net's Customer Service will be better in any case. Being treated as customers instead of cattle makes all the difference in the world mr troll.

because them trying to fix things for you to have a better experience is considered cattle....how short sighted are you exactly and are all Europeans this entitled and short sighted?

It's a safe bet Arena net's Customer Service will be better in any case. Being treated as customers instead of cattle makes all the difference in the world mr troll.

If by troll you mean realist then great otherwise nice way to misuse the term. Im glad you have that crystal ball mr nostradamus. My experience tells me that people are going to pitch all the same fits about GW2 as SWTOR, After playing mmorpgs since 99...Im betting Im right. Wanna send me a message when you find that MMO utopia?

It's not like we sit here and demand they do everything on our schedules.

Because they already do everything on your schedule. The downtime for emergency patches always eats away at EU Primetime. The Ilum fix was supposed to be immideate, yet they waited for the US to come out of Primetime and then took the servers offline, cutting into EU Primetime again.

They did the same thing during the Holidays.

The EU Servers are located in Ireland, operated by people who live there. WoW, Rift and others managed to Patch during Off-Peak hours, 2AM on a Wednesday typically.

If there is need for an emergency patch, do it right away, no matter who's Primetime it hits. In the past 47 days since Early Access began, every Patch and every emergency Patch has hit EU harder than US.

Sure, Australia has it worse, but there are no official servers there. EU has official servers, people to operate them and wants to play in Primetime just as much as US players do.

And BW saying that they need to patch everything at the same time for whatever reason (Progression Raid Guilds being direclty comparable or whoknowswhat) just doesn't work for the majority of people.

They have offices in Europe and America. So your post, as well as being not funny, is also factually inaccurate.

If they were smart, they'd schedule their downtime to affect the least number of players possible. If there are more American players than European players, they should schedule it to favor the Americans.

It has nothing to do with who they like more. It's all about money.

Based on the ignorance in this thread you would think Bioware was sitting in a little room somewhere thinking of ways to annoy their EU playerbase as much as they can.

If it didn't need to be done, they wouldn't do it. Period. If you're so attached to the game you get this angry, maybe it's best you don't play it.

You can /thread on the above post... really

If the patch was made after the anouncement was made then I gurantee you that the fixes did not go through any kind of proper quality control process and should not have been rushed on live servers. On the other hand, if the patch was ready and they just had to call in people, the patch must have been in works for some time already (more than 24 hours) and it could not possibly have been so important patch that it had to be applied during weekend.

things can come up until the last minute. They gave us warning when they were sure it was ready and just had to get the people in to make sure it happened as fast as it could....but even thing things can mess up...hence why they had to extend it..You people are so self centered and dense.

It's called voicing dissent by dissatisfied customers. And for the most part it's being done in a surprising eloquent way for these boards.

Trolls like you that keep butting in telling us how we should feel about the way we are being treated is getting very very old though.

I am sure the view is good from your ivory tower, for the people that have seen a good part of their meager playing time taken away once again the view isn't so nice.

I cannot expect empathy from some like you, with your IQ issues. But have the courtesy to stay out of something that does not concern you please.

Edited by Lomedae

You should stop QQing. (general you)

Take it up with Bioware mature like, you know since you all act like you're so superior to us lowly Yanks anyways, instead of raging like a kid who had their sucker taken away and threatening to "unsub". Is it really that hard to fathom that people are making fun of folks acting like a baby without a ****** rather than the fact you're in the EU? It should also be noted that I am a "off peak" player.

And what was the point of your post again? How does this contribute any intelligent content to this thread? Now... read your own post a gain and let it sink in... kind of like looking into mirror isnt it :rolleyes:

You should stop QQing.

Take it up with Bioware mature like, you know since you all act like you're so superior to us lowly Yanks anyways, instead of raging like a kid who had their sucker taken away and threatening to "unsub". Is it really that hard to fathom that people are making fun of folks acting like a baby without a ****** rather than the fact you're in the EU? It should also be noted that I am a "off peak" player.

I fear you have me mistaken for someone else.

No where anywhere in this thread or any other have I threatened to unsub. If I do chose to do that, I will in my own time, and in my own company. I dont see the point in seld publizing my own personal decisions.

Where have I said we are superior to you 'yanks' there are muppets on both sides who stick their oar in where its not needed or asked for.

As for 'taking it up with bioware' - well this is their offical forums - this is the thread that they directed us to when they closed all the other threads. where else woulld you like me to take it?

Sooo....

Yes, call me a snowlfake :) but Im done with this game. Its not about havng a life, its not about waiting here, spamming the play button. But I cba to pay more than US players and get only about 25/31 of their playtime. I wont let BW **** me in the *** anymore. Its rly nice to see what awesome posts their added just before the end of the first month, but just after we are deducted the payments they do this.

Im going to the US this summer, maybe I will resub, this or until they add separeted maintenance times.

CU for 28 more days :)

Splichus

Sooo....

Yes, call me a snowlfake :) but Im done with this game. Its not about havng a life, its not about waiting here, spamming the play button. But I cba to pay more than US players and get only about 25/31 of their playtime. I wont let BW **** me in the *** anymore. Its rly nice to see what awesome posts their added just before the end of the first month, but just after we are deducted the payments they do this.

Im going to the US this summer, maybe I will resub, this or until they add separeted maintenance times.

CU for 28 more days :)

Splichus

Buh-bye.

It's called voicing dissent by dissatisfied customers. And for the most part it's being done in a surprising eloquent way for these boards.

Trolls like you that keep butting in telling us how we should feel about the way we are being treated is getting very very old though.

I am sure the view is good from your ivory tower, for the people that have seen a good part of their meager playing time taken away once again the view isn't so nice.

I cannot expect empathy from some like you, with your IQ issues. But have the courtesy to stay out of something that does not concern you please.

Looks like your still stuck on stage 2 of grief.. need to move on to stage 3 like some people have already.

I'd like to see how understanding our american friends will be after several US prime time 5-8 hours maintenance...:rolleyes:

This kind of stuff right here pisses me off. Stop acting like all americans are bad, or selfish. You know I had a hugh rant about this typed but decided this wasnt the place or time for it. But grow up ok?

No, they really dont - they bite back when people (who I would assume are north american based) come in and say that all europeans are QQing and should 'get a life'.

If none of those people came into these threads and said that sort of thing no one would mention the USA.

more untruths.

OK, I can do this too. *puts on protesting activist, expose the evil empire hat*

It's so UNFAIR the way you say EU players are innocent of any hate speech....they only react to the evil Americans!

I am SICK of hate speech toward the US and the fact that Bioware does NOTHING to stop it!

Bioware, you let these EU players oppress me on the forums! How could you????

I am UNSUBBING because of all this disrespect and all this partiality and the fact that the EU gets to keep their million page rant thread!

I demand compensation for all of the mental instability and damages I have suffered!!

*takes off hat*

Yeah, looks pretty dumb doesn't it. Y'all have fun. I'm gonna go clean my house as scrubbing the toilets will offer more insight than this.

things can come up until the last minute. They gave us warning when they were sure it was ready and just had to get the people in to make sure it happened as fast as it could....but even thing things can mess up...hence why they had to extend it..You people are so self centered and dense.

If 'things' come up, you do NOT put the fix in, you run it through quality control again. And again, if the fix was so important and ready when the announcement was made, they could have applied it then and there. If there wasnt one single person on call then the department responcible for server maintenance really dont know what the hell they are supposed to be doing.

I understand downtime is part of new MMOs, but why not tell us what was being addressed? I understand regularly scheduled maintenance wouldn't have that, but when you do it on a Friday night/Saturday morning, that's one of the "prime" times for MMO play - why not tell us what is going on that needs a fix?

I fear you have me mistaken for someone else.

No where anywhere in this thread or any other have I threatened to unsub. If I do chose to do that, I will in my own time, and in my own company. I dont see the point in seld publizing my own personal decisions.

Where have I said we are superior to you 'yanks' there are muppets on both sides who stick their oar in where its not needed or asked for.

As for 'taking it up with bioware' - well this is their offical forums - this is the thread that they directed us to when they closed all the other threads. where else woulld you like me to take it?

Ok you are clearly having trouble comprehending the particulars of this so I will try and slow down.

"Take it up with Bioware" in a mature manner. See how adding in the mature thing changes the entire context? Yeah, you left that out in your reply. Imagine that.

I said it was a general you. Which means not you you. If you're trying to say EU people are not in here acting like they're more entitled than we are, then you obviously haven't been reading this thread. Similarly, I was not speaking of *you* unsubbing. I was speaking of the other people in the general you category that are, and still are posting about how they're "so close to cancelling".