Getting bored, and im not even at 50

MarkusAtticus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, there it is. Im lvl 42, and im starting to get bored. The story line is getting the same for pretty much every side quest. Im not going to quit. After all this time im at least gonna get to 50. Is there anything at 50 that pulls you back into the game?

Also, im republic. Ive had to ignore the last 4 flashpoints due to not being able to group, despite waiting on fleet for half to an hour.

This is my first MMO, and im seriously thinking of going to try WOW. There must be a reason so many people play that game.

Yes, go to WoW, you'll love it, have a good time, see ya, yes SWTOR is boring, you are correct, Wow is the place to be, it will have everything you want, why are you here even bothering post you can get WoW for a 10 day trial for free !!!

The people who call this game 'bad' are the people who have never played a bad game before.

Essentially, they got off of WoW, jumped on to SWTOR, and expected a fully developed game with 6 million players and a free mocha latte.

Sorry folks. The game is still under development, and was probably released earlier than it should have been. If you don't like it, don't play.

Whining about it on the forums literally gets you nowhere.

Edited by MashTactics

Yes, go to WoW, you'll love it, have a good time, see ya, yes SWTOR is boring, you are correct, Wow is the place to be, it will have everything you want, why are you here even bothering post you can get WoW for a 10 day trial for free !!!

read the OP again, then put in your 2 cents worth

I agree with MarcusAtticus.

This game is getting mind-numbingly repetitive after you reach level 40 (in my case I believe my brain's left hemisphere felt numb around level 44). The class storyline is the only thing that makes this game work for me - the rest - Flashpoints, Heroic 2+/4+, Quest, Quest, Quest..... this is boring shiz, really. And trying to get a group together is rediculus. I'm not asking for an instant LFG-FP tool here, but heck.. I need to be on the Fleet for this?

If I want to go to the downtown pub, I don't need to go downtown to call my mates and "LFG" them.. no, I chat with them BEFORE I go downtown.. big difference. But maybe the BW devs don't drink for all I know..

read the OP again, then put in your 2 cents worth

I did read it and I am agreeing with you, you should go try WoW, I was even letting you know that you can DL it for free and play for 10 days ...

I'm not sure what the point was of your response in telling me to go read the OP?

I agree with MarcusAtticus.

This game is getting mind-numbingly repetitive after you reach level 40 (in my case I believe my brain's left hemisphere felt numb around level 44). The class storyline is the only thing that makes this game work for me - the rest - Flashpoints, Heroic 2+/4+, Quest, Quest, Quest..... this is boring shiz, really. And trying to get a group together is rediculus. I'm not asking for an instant LFG-FP tool here, but heck.. I need to be on the Fleet for this?

If I want to go to the downtown pub, I don't need to go downtown to call my mates and "LFG" them.. no, I chat with them BEFORE I go downtown.. big difference. But maybe the BW devs don't drink for all I know..

THANK YOU

thats all i was saying and suddenly im some hater of the game lol All i wanna know is if it gets better at 50

GOD-AH!!

I did read it and I am agreeing with you, you should go try WoW, I was even letting you know that you can DL it for free and play for 10 days ...

I'm not sure what the point was of your response in telling me to go read the OP?

You were being sarcastic, obviously.

And WoW is actually completely free now until you hit level 20 that is.

I just wanna know if it gets better at 50, THAT IS ALL

get it now?

Whats your favorite FO? i LOVED new vegas, (if you couldnt tell ((robert house, lol)) but if you are a moderate gamer, then perhaps you should consider playing another class? its possible you just picked a bad match at random, my best friend started as a sith inquis and was ready to quit he hated it so much, switched to smuggler and now hes in love, so in summary:

Fallout new vegas is AWESOME

its possible ur playing a class that doesnt mesh well with your playstyle

EDIT: fallout 3 is great too, should mention that

Edited by RobHouse

So, there it is. Im lvl 42, and im starting to get bored. The story line is getting the same for pretty much every side quest. Im not going to quit. After all this time im at least gonna get to 50. Is there anything at 50 that pulls you back into the game?

Also, im republic. Ive had to ignore the last 4 flashpoints due to not being able to group, despite waiting on fleet for half to an hour.

This is my first MMO, and im seriously thinking of going to try WOW. There must be a reason so many people play that game.

Get to 50 before you make your decision.

Hard Modes of all FPs.

Raids

Level 50 PvP Sets

Planet Illum

Ok, for people stuggling and hating on me

this is what happens when i play...

log on

LFG for so n so heroic mission..........

No reply

Do some same old side quests with one decent class quest every hour

LFG for the heroic.....

No reply, so i go fleet....

Hi, anyone need to one of these thousand flashpoints? im a tank and ill lie down in front of traffic for you?

No reply...

Sod this im goin on the forums

What im asking, does it get more lively at 50?

Whats your favorite FO? i LOVED new vegas, (if you couldnt tell ((robert house, lol)) but if you are a moderate gamer, then perhaps you should consider playing another class? its possible you just picked a bad match at random, my best friend started as a sith inquis and was ready to quit he hated it so much, switched to smuggler and now hes in love, so in summary:

Fallout new vegas is AWESOME

its possible ur playing a class that doesnt mesh well with your playstyle

EDIT: fallout 3 is great too, should mention that

Fallout 3 of course, the storyline (apart from the abrupt end) was amazing

I'm 40 and I'm still having fun, I have so many choices compared to MMOs in the past where you just grind grind grind waiting to get to 50 to just raid. Then there's the FFA PVP games which are fun but sometimes it feels like an FPS where you just kill everyone on sight with no reason to do otherwise and that gets old too.

If you need a break and have a PS3 or Xbox try Dark Souls or its predecessor Demon's Souls. They're dark fantasy action RPGs with a very high difficulty level and there's pvp and co-op

Edited by HBninjaX

You were being sarcastic, obviously.

And WoW is actually completely free now until you hit level 20 that is.

Orrrr ...

I could have been overly enthusiastic ! It is hard to tell when all the conversation is in text and no tone of voice or facial expressions can be seen ;)

That may well mean you won't like the game going forward. There is nothing wrong with that. You should try something else if that is truly the case.

Not sure you would like WoW if you don't like SWTOR leveling. Think about yourself....

Do you like reading books, watching movies? Do you make up stories in your head where you are the person in the Movie? Then SWTOR is probably going to work out for you.

Do you like killing others in Console game repeatedly? Do you own a hamster and like watching them spin on a wheel for hours? Do you know what "Love you long time" refers to?

Then WoW may be a better game to start with.

Me? I love them both, but I played WoW for years and could never go back to it now.

That may well mean you won't like the game going forward. There is nothing wrong with that. You should try something else if that is truly the case.

Not sure you would like WoW if you don't like SWTOR leveling. Think about yourself....

Do you like reading books, watching movies? Do you make up stories in your head where you are the person in the Movie? Then SWTOR is probably going to work out for you.

Do you like killing others in Console game repeatedly? Do you own a hamster and like watching them spin on a wheel for hours? Do you know what "Love you long time" refers to?

Then WoW may be a better game to start with.

Me? I love them both, but I played WoW for years and could never go back to it now.

I should like this game then lol

but i also like watching hamsters... :/