will they ever make Wookiee a character u can play

demonjp

Wookies are not main protagonists. They are supplementary and secondary characters.

As such, they are relagated to companions; In this case, the Smuggler's companion.

Both Bioware and LucasArts share this disposition, and it is true to the series as a whole.

Think of how much you've enjoyed some of the funnest, funniest and darkest most threatening lines your characters have said, how the voice actors brought them alive or used inflection to really boost the impact of the lines.

Wookies get none of this.

I knew nothing about this game when I bought it, I just joined in with my guild (Played MMO's in the same guild for around 9 years now) as I had nothing else to play at the time.

I've never played a sci fi mmo and in all seriousnees did not think I would enjoy it much. I am actually loving it atm (but am worried it won't last)

I'm a HUGE wookie fan and SO nearly did not buy the game when I found I could not play one. So yes I for one would re-roll tomorrow if Wookies appeared.

Each to their own :)

A wookie as playable character would make this game a true space game. By "space game" I mean a game where you hit the space button during dialogs a lot because:

Questgiver: "I lost my lunch box somewhere and I'm damn hungry. Can you get it for me, noble wookie?"

Wookie: "Rrrhaaarhh".

Half an hour later:

Questgiver: "Wow, you actually made it! Thank you!"

Wookie: "Rrrrruuuaah".

Questgiver: "Here, have a peanut."

Wookie: "ARHAH!!!"

Questtiver: "Oh, don't like peanuts? How about a banana?"

Wookie: "Rahr?"

Questgiver: "Sigh, you are a hard one. OK you got me, here are two bananas."

Wookie: "Harrrh".

Questgiver: "You are welcome."

Edited by Massimoto

They don't speak Basic, have odd body-types, are unlikely to be a military force of most sorts, and I don't think they can be Force-sensitive.

So that'd leave Smugglers and Bounty Hunters for wookiees, and since they're a lot of work, if you consider all their oddities that other races don't share, I doubt we'd get them just to be present for two classes.

Think of how much you've enjoyed some of the funnest, funniest and darkest most threatening lines your characters have said, how the voice actors brought them alive or used inflection to really boost the impact of the lines.

Wookies get none of this.

This. This. A thousand times this.

• 3 weeks later...

There was at least one jedi wookie http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka

but it still wouldnt work in a game that is so heavily influenced by dialogue, to have a character

that couldnt speak (for all intents and purposes)

Besides, wookies were exceedingly rare during these times, and its enough that every smuggler gets a wookie...

It would make about as much sense as being able to play an ewok or a jawa...