How long did it take you to get to Level 50?

AznFlip

I've seen this question a lot in the past. Unfortunately, it's usually asking one thing and meaning to ask another. Time outside of the game is meaningless when it comes to how long it takes to level. Played time is all that matters.

For me, it took about 100 hours to hit 50 on my first character. I wasn't in beta, so didn't have any knowledge in advance of the fastest way to level. I also took my time with the quests (rather than hitting the space bar to go through them quickly). My second character is going a LOT faster thanks to Rest XP, knowing which quests weren't efficient, and spacing through quests quickly.

Edited by Meuwdy

I was in early access on day 1 (Dec 13th) and hit level 50 either Jan 2nd or Jan 3rd.

I played my class in beta so I space-barred through the first 25 levels. I also worked 8-5 every weekday and spent 3 days out of town for the holidays.

If you did nothing but play the game and level as fast as you could, level 50 in a week doesn't sound too hard.

I've seen this question a lot in the past. Unfortunately, it's usually asking one thing and meaning to ask another. Time outside of the game is meaningless when it comes to how long it takes to level. Played time is all that matters.

For me, it took about 100 hours to hit 50 on my first character. I wasn't in beta, so didn't have any knowledge in advance of the fastest way to level. I also took my time with the quests (rather than hitting the space bar to go through them quickly). My second character is going a LOT faster thanks to Rest XP, knowing which quests weren't efficient, and spacing through quests quickly.

Hi Meuwdy - great feedback! My son keeps nagging me to purchase a guide that tells him all the secrets on how to level up quick and the intent of my inquiry is to show him that a lot of gamers put in the effort with some guidance from forums (if not none) and essentially will get to that lvl 50 at the end.

Thanks!

At level 50 my /played was 4 Days and 15 hours

Don't waste your time/money on a guide, leveling is simple enough in this game.

TheRealChefJoe - more ammo to stack-up against my son'e desire to purchase the guide. Thank you!:D

What kind of guide is it? If it's the official one it's not going to give pointers like that. It'll tell you where quest hubs are, what level range each planet is, where datacroms are, etc. It's kind of nice with the maps and stuff, but won't really give you any huge info on leveling.

If it's an online poweleveling guide I'd say pass it up for sure. The game doesn't take that long and honestly if he's just rushing through things he'll more than likely get bored quickly. This game really is one worth taking your time with.

What kind of guide is it? If it's the official one it's not going to give pointers like that. It'll tell you where quest hubs are, what level range each planet is, where datacroms are, etc. It's kind of nice with the maps and stuff, but won't really give you any huge info on leveling.

If it's an online poweleveling guide I'd say pass it up for sure. The game doesn't take that long and honestly if he's just rushing through things he'll more than likely get bored quickly. This game really is one worth taking your time with.

Hi Meuwdy - it's not the Prima guide that can be pucrhased at retailers but one that is worth $49 online, supposedly comes with guides and videos..... I told my son for that price, he could purchase a 60-Day SWTOR Time Card. So far, this thread is in my favor and I am impressed on how fast some folks progressed to lvl 50 in such a short time. Thanks again for the dialogue.

I had Christmas Holidays when i bought the game and i was lvl 50 (and Valor rank 43) less than 2 Weeks later, even though i leveled as a Healer until i was like lvl 25 (which was hilariously slow in hindsight).

But as you can expect, i didnt do a lot more besides playing XD

When i dinged 50 I had 4 days 5 hours played. I didn't space bar, I PVP'd allot though, I leveled as a Combat Medic until 45, switched to Gunnery for the last 5 levels. Skipped a bunch of Side quest and just did class quest on a couple of planets do to leveling from maily PVP.

Now on my alt I'm not PVPing nearly as much and doing side quest so It evens out =P

about 70 hours in a duo. one of the fastest games to max i have played.

spacebar'd all side quests save for a few planet arcing ones. never spaced through class quests and did every heroic. wasted no time looking for heroic groups as we just 2 manned them all.

Edited by zeroburrito

Secured, Lileth, Benfynyn, Zeroburrito,

Your posts are all welcomed feedback! I really appreciate everyone's candid and honest responses. You just saved me some moola to re-direct towards more online time. Impressive stories on attaining lvl 50.

I just turned 40 and my son is at 32...we will get there eventually:-)

I had early access on the 13th, didn't quite get started till the next day, and was 50 exactly 31 days after the 13th. I honestly can't tell you what my /played was cause I didn't know that command and didn't bother but for most of that I would say I was playing 5-8 hours a day, more often 5 than not, did nothing but quests and flashpoints, didn't spacebar through anything, and hit 50 early on in correllia though I will say my group had to repeat D7 because we got held up on bulwark the night before and the healer had to sleep so that by itself almost certainly constituted a level.

If I had to guess I'd say around 150-180 hours seems perfectly reasonable to level to 50.

@OP - I'm about the same level as you and am about at the same time played. I will say that if you're not doing your daily space and PVP missions, then start. You'll be competitive in PVP now that the 50s have their own bracket, and space dailies are quite rewarding.

The other day I was at the Gamespot and read through the explorer guide. Definitely not impressed. I'm not sure about online guides, but since you're not getting mods that show you exactly where to go I doubt they are worth the money. Outside of datacrons, there really isn't anything in this game particularly hard or tricky where you would require a guide.

If you take time to enjoy the storyline and the game it will take you 5-7 days of playing time to finish. You could blow through it in four-ish, but there is no point really until end game content is more polished. Anything more than 7 days seems borderline impossible unless you are really dilly-dallying.

EDIT: This is based off of leveling through quests and doing just a bit of PvP (maybe valor rank 15 by the time you hit 50). I dont know how lots of PvP would effect leveling time.

Edited by Jasputan

I get that 50 is the end goal and people want to reach it, but what is so all important about reaching it ASAP? This includes wanting to get a guide to help. You can't fail at levelling to 50. Once you get to 49 and 50 you're looking at replacing everything anyway. Maybe even changing to a totally different spec/build. You just keep playing and you're there.

The VERY IMPORTANT GUIDE if there is one is one that helps you find the perfect build for your play style. One that motivates you to get to 50 so you can finish your build. One you enjoy all the way up and practice that combination of skills that will make you an amazing player with your build. Those are found for free all over. I found mine for Trooper/Bounty Hunter at Taugrim.com. But they are all over the class forums.

Seems like 3 types of players:

1. Enjoy's the journey and all the story and questing and levelling alts for its own sake. Will find something to do at 50 or just level another alt. Is pretty patient to wait for what comes and help others.

2. Just wants to "beat the game" and hit level 50. Doesn't really have an end game plan for what they do then. This may also include those who will pvp until they get their final gear and then quit or complain.

3. Is an end game player. Either:

A: plans to raid and raid and raid and do alts until new raid content comes out.

B: Is a hard core pvper and just wants to pvp. Max gear etc but hopefully just wants to play.

If you look around you'll see all kinds of threads of people who hit 50 fast and are sitting around complaining that a 1 month old MMO doesn't have a full year of level 50 content.

• 2 months later...

My jedi knight quest took about a month to do casual play time, I stopped playing for about three weeks in between so about two months since I bought the game it took to level 50.

My sith sorcerer I started last saturday or sunday and I'm currently level 41, I don't know if the sith sorcerer quests are easier or whether it's because I got used to the game but it's definitely a faster run through.

*edit just realised this is the commando section so probably not relevant.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

It's taken me a little under 7 days /played to rech level 50 on both of my 50s (Merc+Commando).

I did see a couple guys at level 50 during the pre-release period just prior to release. They had to have been going all out to accomplish that.

I got in on day 4 of early access, and I was 50 by the 3rd of January.

Was off on holiday at the time so was sitting up quite late most days, but didn't play much during the daylight hours, especially during xmas/boxing day etc due to spending time with the family.

No space barring involved, missed 1 or 2 Bonus lines and completed every flashpoint except Colicoid several times on the way.

I started early access on the 1st day (Tuesday). I Hit 50 on Saturday afternoon. So it took me 4 days. I was a LONG time beta tester though, so i had seen all the conversations. I spaced barred everything except my class story line quests.

I now have 5 level 50's. All 5 have at least full Columi. 1 is full Rakata, 1 is full Rkata and a few pieces of Campaign armor.

I just hit legacy level 50 a few days ago.

I am working on my 6th and 7th 50's at this time. 1 is level 31 the other is level 21.

Edited by Nezrik