Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

613 exp, 4 shot by Tracer Missle spam.

JumpDrive

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And people are OK with this?

I see that they're nerfing Operative since they can kill you in 4 globals, yet we're leaving Merc Damage alone when they do the same thing?

With 613 expertise I would assume you have at least 16000 HP. Are you saying that Tracer Missiles hit you 4 times in a row for 4000+ damage? ...Or could you possibly be mistaken?

I see that they're nerfing Operative since they can kill you in 4 globals, yet we're leaving Merc Damage alone when they do the same thing?

Differance being you can move to los, out of range of the merc, the oper/smugg stuns you to faceplant the ground till their done having their way with you.

:eek:

With 613 expertise I would assume you have at least 16000 HP. Are you saying that Tracer Missiles hit you 4 times in a row for 4000+ damage? ...Or could you possibly be mistaken?

No that's pretty much what happened. The BH is a well known pvper and pvp's with the 2P rakata for the 15% crit bonus to it and all the rest of the gear is BM.

It was a 1v1 fight because i wanted to test it. he cast 4 spells and I was dead. Maybe they have an instant cast or something i missed.. is that possible?

No that's pretty much what happened. The BH is a well known pvper and pvp's with the 2P rakata for the 15% crit bonus to it and all the rest of the gear is BM.

It was a 1v1 fight because i wanted to test it. he cast 4 spells and I was dead. Maybe they have an instant cast or something i missed.. is that possible?

They have several instant casts based off of Tracer Missile, but it's still very likely you died in 6 seconds.

My understanding of Merc mechanics is that they use tracer missile to add heat signatures to the target and then use Rail Shot to stack damage.

Rail shot is an instant cast.

Edited by AidenPryde

Maybe they have an instant cast or something i missed.. is that possible?

Yes, they have instants and he probably used 2-3 against you.

Also tracer spam is only deadly if you stand there and let them wail on you. LoS them and they're screwed.

Tracer missles are irritating. I make it a point to dive them and choke just to interupt. Sure I get b**** slapped around, blasted away, and r****. But my primiary goal is to do that.

I'm no OP mara just lvl 50 with crap gear. There are games I go shirtless because my gear is equivalent to wearing a paper bag.

Working as Intended.

Merc takes high skill to play.

Your just a noob.

That is all ;)

/sarcasm just incase

You should EDIT: Mercs take no skill to play.

I just edited: Sarcasm intended.

Edited by Darkraid

If there's a "problem," it's with the higher Crit chance from the gear, if anything. Tracer Missile actually doesn't do all that much base damage.

Fusion Missile,

Heat Seeker,

Unload,

Flamethrower

Death From Above, and (I think)

Railshot...

All do more damage than Tracer Missile, and most are instant attacks.

Only if he's Crit Hitting every single Tracer attack might that be possible. Even then, I'm betting his Crit Chance is well under 50% (still pretty darned high, though)

The gear should incease Crit Chance for something else, not Tracer.

You should EDIT: Mercs take no skill to play.

No...

They are very hard to play.

You have to do many steps to kill somone.

Targeting.

Hitting 1-4 buttons at most.

Watch for LoS on many wide open maps.

Eat a poptart

Keep Up with the movie your watching on Netflix.

Flexing your E-peen in guild chat of how you just Owned someone.

Flexing your E-Peen in Vent of how your owning Everyone.

We all know the Warrior class hits their auto win charge button and just rolls face on keyboard.

Moar /Sarcasm

No...

They are very hard to play.

You have to do many steps to kill somone.

Targeting.

Hitting 1-4 buttons at most.

Watch for LoS on many wide open maps.

Eat a poptart

Keep Up with the movie your watching on Netflix.

Flexing your E-peen in guild chat of how you just Owned someone.

Flexing your E-Peen in Vent of how your owning Everyone.

We all know the Warrior class hits their auto win charge button and just rolls face on keyboard.

Moar /Sarcasm

Looks like someone has died one too many times to a Mercenary.

Mercs take more skill to play then a trooper with grav rounds

You do realize that a Merc with Tracer Missiles is the mirror of a Trooper with Grav Rounds, right? In fact, the Merc is more powerful because some of his abilities cost a smaller percentage of his total resources and go off faster than the Trooper equivalents.

613 exp and still dumb enough not to move or interrupt. This PvP system is real hard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.