The Airshow

Dayshadow

When the Empire takes all 5 areas on Ilum a virtual airshow erupts and a parade line of imperial fighters bomb the hell out of the republic base.

On the otherhand, when the republic takes all 5 nothing special happens.

What's up with that? More imperial favoritism on the part of the devs?

I'd be interested to know if, despite all the QQ I read about Imps being favoured by the devs, do you guys really believe your own troll posts?

Do you think that a company like BW who is in this to make as much money as possible would INTENTIONALLY make one faction so favoured compared to the other that we have the current faction imbalance?

In a 2 faction game, you really think BW have deliberately gone out of their way to make anything Imp related better than anything Reb related?

Do the words commercial suicide mean anything to you?

Conspiracy theories and biased opinion...gotta love em' :)

Driz

I'd be interested to know if, despite all the QQ I read about Imps being favoured by the devs, do you guys really believe your own troll posts?

Do you think that a company like BW who is in this to make as much money as possible would INTENTIONALLY make one faction so favoured compared to the other that we have the current faction imbalance?

In a 2 faction game, you really think BW have deliberately gone out of their way to make anything Imp related better than anything Reb related?

Driz

People have offered plenty of evidence that what you say is not true, whatever their intentions, we do know population balance would have been more evenly distributed if classes truly mirrored each other offering only cosmetic differences.

I honestly think they had 2 teams 1 for republic and 1 for sith both were given rules to keep it fair Being Republic they choose light side and stayed within the rules the sith on the other hand went dark side and made small changes.

All joking aside its easy to call out imperials when it seems in terms of pvp its stacked in favor of the imperials. As far as we know all the republic quests are balanced around the current rules and the sith quests are balanced around their set... they did kinda off hand mention that pvp came 2nd

Driz

Seeing as they said they are releasing more same faction Warzones, which points towards the phasing out of one factions necessity...yes we do believe it. They put more time and money, and more skilled writers on the imperial side. Anyone who plays both sides can see it in the skill imbalance, the better stories, or the PvP.

If the majority of players play Sith, finacially it actually makes sense to do these things, not sure why it would be so shocking to think that.

Lets also just ignore all the pro Sith comments they made pre launch which fan boys wrote off as the devs doing it out of fear of too many people playing republic so they said pro sith things to even the factions out.

I guess people just forgot about all the threads that were up pre launch about all the stuff devs said like this in interviews.

OP if what you are saying is completely true, please stop by here and put it on the list.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101553

Edited by Kellindell

People have offered plenty of evidence that what you say is not true, whatever their intentions, we do know population balance would have been more evenly distributed if classes truly mirrored each other offering only cosmetic differences.

No, that is incorrect. They could have designed the Republic classes to be superior to their Imperial counterparts and the Republic would STILL be underpopulated because the Dark Side is cool and the Light is boring.

They try to jazz it up to get people to play, but the fact of the matter is that throwing lightning and force choke will beat everything the jedi can muster combined.

Frankly, the only even remotely cool class on the Republic side is the Smuggler because you can at least pretend to be Han Solo.

When the Empire takes all 5 areas on Ilum a virtual airshow erupts and a parade line of imperial fighters bomb the hell out of the republic base.

Are you sure you Republic still owned all the points? I have seen the Imp base get wrecked by Republic fighters plenty of times when we had control of every point and capped their base.

The truth is out there. Better stay inside.

Driz

Yeah, find me a game with without these tin foil hat wearers and I'll show you a game that has no players.

Everyone cries that there side is unjustly treated by the dev's because the grass is always greener on the other side.

For every complaint they can say, like for example: the trooper version of DFA...yeah, graphically its slower, but they never mention how much faster there equiv to railshot it. Guess whta, DFA is near useless, it is soooo 'randomly useful' where a bulk of my DPS is from my railshot....I wonder what ability I'd rather have fire faster. Yes I have a trooper too and have played both sides, I'd take the trooper over the BH in many ways, but that just doesn't make for good whines.

Imps aren't in any position to complain though, because we out number them 2:1 or more in most cases, so really no point in looking at comparatives because we would look petty.

I know. This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Yeah, right: Bioware spent $200m on a game, but then after years of hard work and massive investment the staff wanted to pwn at launch so they totally screwed the game on purpose...

Just beggars belief that people can think such stupid things.

I know. This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Yeah, right: Bioware spent $200m on a game, but then after years of hard work and massive investment the staff wanted to pwn at launch so they totally screwed the game on purpose...

Just beggars belief that people can think such stupid things.

So you believe they are just incompetent?

Empire has a better budget, republic still waiting for forms 40-92 in triplicate and awaiting senate approval. That is of course unless it is fillabustered by the opposition.This process is a lot easier for the empire.

Darth Malgus "Ring the victory bells *****es!"

Operative: "but sir.."

Darth Malgus ***** slaps operative and it is done.