How strict is the Naming Policy?

Lady_of_Steel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst case scenario just make one up, can't remember where I heard it but supposedly you can make a "Star Wars"-ish name using this:

First Name = First 3 letters of your last name, First 2 letters of your first name.

Last Name = First 2 letters of your mother's maiden name, First 3 letters of your father's name.

And you can only give your character one name, the last name will be from the silly legacy

nonsense which says all our characters have to be related even if they're from different planets on opposite sides of the galazy.... BW-lol

Lady_of_Steel,

The way I look at it is how blatant the use of the name is.

For example...

Carth might be fine. However, Carth'Onasi would result in me doing whatever I can to get your name changed.

Jacen? Fine. Jacensolo? Not fine.

Mara? Ok. Marajade? Bad.

I wouldn't even think there should be a problem naming your character Satele.

Edited by EJedi

Worst case scenario just make one up, can't remember where I heard it but supposedly you can make a "Star Wars"-ish name using this:

First Name = First 3 letters of your last name, First 2 letters of your first name.

Last Name = First 2 letters of your mother's maiden name, First 3 letters of your father's name.

You don't even have to use yourself for that to work.

Name: Jacen Solo

Mother: Leia Organa

Father: Han Solo

Result: Solja Orhan

Pick any three random names that mean something to you.

Lady_of_Steel,

The way I look at it is how blatant the use of the name is.

For example...

Carth might be fine. However, Carth'Onasi would result in me doing whatever I can to get your name changed.

Jacen? Fine. Jacensolo? Not fine.

Mara? Ok. Marajade? Bad.

I wouldn't even think there should be a problem naming your character Satele.

I'm not going to name the character, but it is a very minor character and I would only be using their first name. I just like the name.

I'm not going to name the character, but it is a very minor character and I would only be using their first name. I just like the name.

If it's not something like Yoda, then you're probably ok.

I don't know if you remember the story about Archie Comics took legal action about http://www.veronica.org, trying to claim that it infringed on their character's name. That, to me, was a ridiculous stretch along the lines of Lindsay Lohan trying to claim ownership of the name Lindsay.

I'd stay away from Prince, Elvis, Vader, Palpatine, etc., but just taking the first name of a two+ named character should be relatively safe. Most of it comes down to a judgment call.

Edited by EJedi

So are you guys confirming we can finally use composed names with space in between? Just like 'Han Solo'?

No. You can use a single-word name, but after chapter 1 you can choose a legacy last name that is applied to all of your characters on that server.

If you try to choose "Solo" as your legacy name, then it will likely be rejected.

If you want to make two characters on your server, Fred and Bob, then you could do that. However, you can only choose a single surname. That means it will have to be Fred Surname and Bob Surname or Fred Surname and Bob <surname hidden> (or vice versa).

For example, if I want to be EJedi Pwnsurface, then all of my other characters would have to be TheirName Pwnsurface or have no surname displayed.

Edited by EJedi

Piokl Dazbi O_o

I get Murja Lyjoh .... I don't think so.

@ the above poster. They are not allowing compound names. After your first toon finishes act III of the class quest line (around level 30) you open up the Legacy option. You choose a Legacy name and all your toons on that server will share that Legacy name. It can be displayed 2 ways. As a last name ( Name Legacyname ), or it can be displayed like a belated title ( name of the X legacy).

So if I used my forum username for a character name and Firewalker as the Legacy name, my name could then be displayed as

Kelsion Firewalker or Kelsion of the Firewalker Legacy.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Edit - Ejedi beat me to it ... lol

Edited by Kelsion

macza mamar

Oh dear..

Rohta Tabre

hmmmm lol

Rowba Shdav

Interesting...I like it.

My would be "Chnja Sychn" :D

I tried my favourite "Angelo" and it worked, yay :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.