Petition for Assasin/shadow pvp Positional Req.

Whirlwindhansen

When I switched to that spec, I had to get used to it at first but I noticed the increased damage+greater survivability right off the bat. The spec is clearly superior at this point.

The only thing you'll miss is Low Slash.

He won't miss that, coz he will get round house kiss the floor kick aandd - go hang in the air for a good 8 sec, lad :D

I'm sorry but I just have to say it.

Anyone who uses shadow strike/maul as an opener does not understand the basic mechanics of shadow pvp gameplay.

End of story.

QFT btw!

Edited by Lacressian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are infiltration spec what other Technique would you be using?

Combat Technique :D

But I never did PvP as full infilatration.

This is the spec I used:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ruMokMMZhGrMk0r0zZc.1

Which is more a hybrid but you need some talents in kinetic combat anyhow. Mind over Mater comes to mind. Particle acceleration (procs all the time, insta-crit on project, eliminates CD issue) is amazing too... Elusiveness for reduced CC on resilience, you get the picture.

You also have better Force regen in case you want to spam SS (good luck with that).

Still I switched over to 21/0/18 because I wanted some ranged abilities and more Force attacks that ignore armor (I was sick of not doing enough damage to heavy armor classes)

I'm sorry but I just have to say it.

Anyone who uses shadow strike/maul as an opener does not understand the basic mechanics of shadow pvp gameplay.

End of story.

I don't anymore but if you're specced Inflitration you have Shadow's Respite so you can get off at least 1 and not really "feel it" in terms of Force cost. Of course, if you're inf you should open with Spinning Kick anyhow.

There's a potential stun-lock there because if you do Spinning Kick->Low Slash->Force Stun, you can actually get all those off provided the target has zero resolve when you start. I tried to use it but I didn't have enough gear and also SS is just broken so I kept wasting time... And burning CD's in the process..

By the time my cycle is finished, my opponent is respawning, and I am restealthed, I am good to go. :) I understand what you are saying but the fact is that I have 110 force with a 50% regen bonus, so I drop to 60. 50 goes to Clairvoyant Strike, at which point a total of 4.5 seconds have passed by. So at 12 per second, by the time my CS are done I am sitting at... 60 force roughly. Then Project, which takes 2 seconds. And then my initial Regen buff finally wears off.

I think we are simply seeing it two different ways. I feel that if at any point during the time that I have the regen buff, if my Force Power is full then I am wasting that buff. And since I would have to spend any in combat time with Shadow Strike trying to get behind/beside my opponent.... It's just a waste I feel would be better spent on something like every other ability I use. (I'm not implying that it is difficult to get in those positions, because most people don't exactly strafe very well, but on occasion they do)

He won't miss that, coz he will get round house kiss the floor kick aandd - go hang in the air for a good 8 sec, lad :D

Haha yeah I mean... 21/0/18 is best, don't get me wrong..

The sad part is I don't really play that much lol

Like 2 hours a day... I barely touch the game on the weekends... I just like theorycrafting : P

Haha yeah I mean... 21/0/18 is best, don't get me wrong..

The sad part is I don't really play that much lol

Like 2 hours a day... I barely touch the game on the weekends... I just like theorycrafting : P

Which reminds me... Force Lift is broken too right? I don't use it that much but when I do... it doesn't really break on damage and the target takes less damage per hit?!?! What's that about?

I've actually been doing more damage as 31/0/10 in PvP, but that's probably because I'm AoE spamming a bit more.

Even if its a huge area in which you can hit with Shadow Strike, it still doesn't seem to work properly 2/3s of the time. Or for example you stun somebody and it shows them facing one direction but they're facing another.

I've actually been doing more damage as 31/0/10 in PvP, but that's probably because I'm AoE spamming a bit more.

Even if its a huge area in which you can hit with Shadow Strike, it still doesn't seem to work properly 2/3s of the time. Or for example you stun somebody and it shows them facing one direction but they're facing another.

If SS worked (I know), then infiltration would actually be quite viable if you can get someone with zero resolve, and just stunlock them and spam SS in the middle by using blackout.

That's what I figured initially. Then I actually tried to do it and... Yeah...

Edited by MemphisIX

Which is what my Force Breach is used for. It doesn't ignore 50% of armor, it deals 100% internal damage for half the cost.

Here is my fundamental difference with your opinions: Force Breach comes as a natural inclusion to my rotation. Shadow Strike causes me to complete interrupt my rotation and try to get behind/beside somebody for 50% armor penetration when my Force Breach will do just as much damage without having to spend time maneuvering. It's faster, cheaper, rangier (just made that word up) and doesn't interrupt my chain.

If anything, all I'm getting from your disagreements is that Shadow Strike is now beginning to appear like it should be taken completely out of my rotation.

The problem is not just the energy cost, but the lack of the proc for armor pen, without which your strike hits for meh 1,1k for 50 force LOL, a double strike is 2x800 ;)

Oh and my opening SS consistently hits for 3-4k. Not everytime, but the vast majority with my buffs. I'm definitely not tryin to imply I'm an expert, however. I'm actually going to change up my rotation next time I get on PVP because of this interaction and see how it plays out. :D

Edited by JediGerad

It may have been Templar :D Was some time back.

Anyway, one day isn't enough to judge, because you have to adapt. I needed two days to get used to the remapped keybindings and new skills. BUT, there's one hint - don't use any Survivor items, just the shield generator and at least 4 Champ set. 5k Project hurray :D 2v5 holding a turret hurray :D You get the picture. But that's me!

It was me: Link I quit as soon as I hit level 55.

Either way... I know my one day was enough, I know how to play and I gave it enough time. Played roughly 10 pvp rounds and a hardmode operation run with it... and I know it's a very solid build, I just did not like it. Too boring for my taste and my normal build makes me work a bit more, which gives me more fun when playing.

PS: I am 28 / 13 / 0 hybrid. And the force management in this build is better then in a 23 / 0 / 18 build.

PS2: Soon to come: a Hutball match of 4 Elise / 4 VotF against 7 VotF + 1 random in a video. Was damn funny to say the least.

Edited by Smerte

I don't even have maul on my bar. trust me, take it off and you'll feel better.

50 (or even 25) energy for 2-4k damage is AWFUL. Use your deception endline (I don't know what it's called for jedi shadow). Not only is it's average damage per energy better than maul, but the stacking buff to make your shocks crit for 4-6k is pretty nice too. All I do is Volatic Slash, Shock, Discharge and I kill people pretty darn fast. Not as fast as a pre-nerf operative, but still, fast. I love the class and spec!

Could I check on the 23-0-18 is this the spec? Or please adjust to how it should be

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsMkkdskZZf0cRrMz.1

Also I am assuming you run with Dark charge?

Thrash being the standard attack with crushing darkness on proc and Shock when Energize procs (or out of melee range etc)?

Thanks

I use a slight variation:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ruMokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

But it's up to the player really, you have the important stuff there.

Agreed with OP.

I play as a sorc and trooper. It's DUMB that I can stand in one place and just dps the melee on me without moving, while the game auto-faces me.

That said, I'm normally kiting etc, so I don't think your ability should be changed, but they need to take auto facing out of the game.

I'm using this with emphasis of the 9% armor pen, the 15% more chance to get technique heal.

As for opening SS doing 4k - I just :D Have you played 50v50 bracket yet?

Yeah I used to have the same spec... Then I thought what difference does a 350 heal make anyway? And that's with a 4.5 second internal CD... I'm not sure it works very well on PvP and I'd like to see someone defend that in PvE..

I liked when Battle Readiness increased healing by 300%, that was pretty cool. Now they take it out and reduce the internal CD to 3 second with BR on? Makes no sense to me.

While's it's annoying when you wind up to do it and then it gets cancelled (grrrrrrrrrrrr) ... it isn't that hard to get it off consistently. Just run through your target.

Also, maul has a place in your rotation. Yes, it may not be as efficient in terms of dmg per energy cost as other skills are, but if the proc is up, and you don't have a project with 2x buff or discharge or assasinate, you should be using maul to get a target into assasinate hp range.

It was me: Link I quit as soon as I hit level 55.

Either way... I know my one day was enough, I know how to play and I gave it enough time. Played roughly 10 pvp rounds and a hardmode operation run with it... and I know it's a very solid build, I just did not like it. Too boring for my taste and my normal build makes me work a bit more, which gives me more fun when playing.

PS: I am 28 / 13 / 0 hybrid. And the force management in this build is better then in a 23 / 0 / 18 build.

PS2: Soon to come: a Hutball match of 4 Elise / 4 VotF against 7 VotF + 1 random in a video. Was damn funny to say the least.

Won't argue for your build as clearly it suits you better :) What do you get for your 13 points in Inf? 20 energy more and loosing better project, insta lift and a lot more off abilities? Out of those 13 points you get imp blackout - which is useless with 10,5 e/sec and not using 50e strikes, imho.

And, I have frapsed two HBs with 8 VoTf vs 6 VoTF+2 and 8vs5 :D The mumble just exploded :D