What are you doing about your anti-cheat system?

KetMalice

So basically SWToR has a "Warden" like system but it is terrible right now and isn't detecting half the hacks out there. I would like to know what Bioware plans to do about upgrading your anti-cheat system? "Un-named Hack Engine" is destroying the game, hacking and botting is so rampant right now and people don't even realize it.

Launching a game of this magnitude with a sub-par anti-cheat system was a very bad idea.

Edit: Added this to the main post, a reply I had.

Heh yeah basically just want some assurance they are going to do something about this. Hacking is destroying the economy on every server right now.

Speed Hack to win a Huttball in 1 minute, netting 3500 a minute x8 ~28,000 a minute. 1 minute to get another que. That is putting 840,000 an hour into the server economy-per person speed hacking Huttball. Or 20,160,000 a day.

No Clip hacking to loot chests all over the high level zones. ~50 lootable chests netting about 1.2 mill a day each adds in about 60 million a day.

Literally next thing you know we are going to have gold farmers queing up Warzones and hacking to add money into the "non-hacking" account-essentially legally power leveling a character and adding a ton of legit money.

Edited by KetMalice

They won't tell us because the bot developers would be able to workaround it.

The game tracks everything every player does, so once they've been flagged, they can't make any excuses.

Err I wasn't asking literally what they were doing heh. I am asking why they haven't done anything about it yet. The programs that read memory and alter it are so easy to detect, but their system doesn't. They could have all of these people banned in a week but they just aren't doing anything at all.

Hacks come and go and some can get very complex and hard to detect. But the hacks that are being used now, are basically cave man style because the anti-cheat is so...bad.

They won't tell us because the bot developers would be able to workaround it.

The game tracks everything every player does, so once they've been flagged, they can't make any excuses.

This is not true. There is a group of VERY known people hacking the game on my server. They use speed hacks and pvp w/ this. Me, my brother in law, and 2 friends (along w/ other people in matches) have all reported these players. One has gone as far taunting other players about it and saying BW will do nothing because BW can not prove it. We even frapped this player and sent to BW. This was has been over a week, we get a responce to our ticket and yet we still see these players cheating away.

Im starting to see it more and more now.

So BW A. Really can not catch this or B. BW really does not care so long as they get their money at the end of the month.

This is not true. There is a group of VERY known people hacking the game on my server. They use speed hacks and pvp w/ this. Me, my brother in law, and 2 friends (along w/ other people in matches) have all reported these players. One has gone as far taunting other players about it and saying BW will do nothing because BW can not prove it. We even frapped this player and sent to BW. This was has been over a week, we get a responce to our ticket and yet we still see these players cheating away.

So BW A. Really can not catch this or B. BW really does not care so long as they get their money at the end of the month.

why not post the video here? if you're telling the truth that is.

It's not only in PVP, I've seen it on level 20+ planets. :(

There are likly two reasons why bioware doesnt answer on the threads about this

1) they never really communicate directly through the forums with us. it is in dev tracker i dont think i have ever seen them post in general but for the mods.

2) they may not legally be able to discuss the issue, due to fears others may find out what programs blah blah and repeat it or if they intend to take action, even banning the accounts speaking of it before all evidence is accumulated by them may screw up their case against them

you can not expect police to tell you who is guilty of murder before they have all of the evidence..

give them some time..give them the proof that you have and let them do their jobs.

That's terrible and rather damning. What was the response in the ticket?

That's terrible and rather damning. What was the response in the ticket?

You always get a generic response. "Thank you for this information, we will be unable to update you on any results found for privacy issues yadda yadda yadda"

And then 2 weeks later you see them still doing it =/

1) they never really communicate directly through the forums with us. it is in dev tracker i dont think i have ever seen them post in general but for the mods.

2) they may not legally be able to discuss the issue, due to fears others may find out what programs blah blah and repeat it or if they intend to take action, even banning the accounts speaking of it before all evidence is accumulated by them may screw up their case against them

you can not expect police to tell you who is guilty of murder before they have all of the evidence..

give them some time..give them the proof that you have and let them do their jobs.

I guess you're unaware that the dev "tracker" is merely a tool to track dev posts. All of those posts in the dev tracker are from the forums and blog posts. So yes, they do talk on thses forums. Unfortunately, they will only respond if/when they feel like it and only on "easy" topics.

Stopping 1 or 2 perpetrators solves nothing...

What they should do is first develop ways of detecting, and them ways of not allowing this kind of things. This 2 steps are way more important them banning 1 or 2 hacking players.

But things like this are not has easy has you many think to do! This takes time. I dare you to name 1 MMO that does not have bots in the present day.

I think the OP has made it pretty clear that no one needs BW to discuss/announce how they are doing it but just acknowledge the fact that it's present and they are AWARE of it.

Edited by MilkPudding

Heh yeah basically just want some assurance they are going to do something about this. Hacking is destroying the economy on every server right now.

Speed Hack to win a Huttball in 1 minute, netting 3500 a minute x8 ~28,000 a minute. 1 minute to get another que. That is putting 840,000 an hour into the server economy-per person speed hacking Huttball. Or 20,160,000 a day.

No Clip hacking to loot chests all over the high level zones. ~50 lootable chests netting about 1.2 mill a day each chest adds in about 60 million a day.

Literally next thing you know we are going to have gold farmers queing up Warzones and hacking to add money into the "non-hacking" account-essentially legally power leveling a character and adding a ton of legit money.

Edited by KetMalice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.