Consular Shadow -Sage improvements/fixes

shadowfoxe

A suggestion for developers so that consular shadow class feels properly polished and enjoyable (sage has same).

A) Shadow strike animation needs to be smoothed out ---feels slow and clunky for my class should have a opener from stealth that is not reliant on the foe being STATIONARY.

This especially comes up in pvp where most of the time the character gets locked into a stutter of animation seeking to mesh the animation to the foe being a split second timing for back strike.

Workaround Timing of shadowstrike to be from STEALTH and Removal of dependant on BACK strike only useable from behind target.

this is incredibly high on my list of playing both sith inquisitor and consular shadow.

B) Force breach animation --- very weak and eggshell effect is not enjoyable. Improvement for something more visually appealing effect.

(can suggest some things but would just like to put this out there first so developers know

i have read some posts on WHAT BIOWARE can do to make republic side more appealling. Compared to force lightning understandably is awesome but there is no reason improvements cannot be made to a effect that is inspiring rather than bland and unattractive)

C) Whirling Blow is incredible in animation but does very low damage and feels weak. something that appeals to how awesome this animation is.

I apologize for doing my best to present some feedback in a proper manner because of bioware i know reads ALL of these seriously and i would enjoy seeing some progression to iron out a great class that is jarring in some of its mechanics.

seeking other suggestions to this thread that are constructive and forward leading in developing the class to greater enjoyment

thank you

Edited by shadowfoxe
responses from developers and constructive suggestions

i have read some posts on WHAT BIOWARE can do to make republic side more appealling. Compared to force lightning understandably is awesome but there is no reason improvements cannot be made to a effect that is inspiring rather than bland and unattractive)

I still have not getting why people think that pulling random, (let me repeat that: RANDOM) objects from the ground and slamming them into people is boring!? If you specc to dps it's two random objects that get thrown....I mean I've never played an MMO that does something like this before. It's amazing looking! Sith Lightning looked bland after I started playing a Jedi Consular. the only thing that needs to be improved is probably the speed of the animation, that's it.

I think the rocks coming from the ground is cool, but I completely about force breach! It's the ugliest ability I've ever seen in an mmo!

Also, the stealth is pretty terrible as well. It should be a black cloud effect. Like smoke. Goes well with the "blackout" ability ;)

All the other abilities look pretty awesome!

Edited by Zachajariah

I have a suggestion:

Remove Clairvoyant Strike, then replace double strike animation with that of clairvoyant strike - its 10x better! The double strike animation feels so stiff.

Then make the 31 pt infiltration talent a passive that simply improves double strike.

Edited by theMeldo

I hope they don't mess with Telekinetic Throw. Sometimes I get a hoot out of what junk I ripped out of the ground to chuck at someone... "was that ... a statue of david??" I'm half expecting some easter egg item being yanked up some day.

I've not played the shadow, just the sage, so I have no comment on the shadow only skills. There are some sage only stuff that I think could be improved on... but "Chunks-of-crazy-stuff Throw" is not one of them.