Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I don't get this forum or community...

Dalex

There is something that boggles the mind when I'm here reading these forums. I've seen a steady increase in people creating quit posts or posts talking about a drop in population. The poster(s) quickly get responses that ressemble : just quit if you don't like it or don't let the door hit you on the way out. Is that really what you want? Do you think EA and BW not prefer these people vent their frustrations and forget about hitting that unsub button for a while.

Also if this game is so perfect, why exactly are you here on these forums. If it's so great why aren't you playing it instead? If this is not the place to express concern over this game because fanboys will jump on you, this will only lead to more alienation of players.

There is something that boggles the mind when I'm here reading these forums. I've seen a steady increase in people creating quit posts or posts talking about a drop in population. The poster(s) quickly get responses that ressemble : just quit if you don't like it or don't let the door hit you on the way out. Is that really what you want? Do you think EA and BW not prefer these people vent their frustrations and forget about hitting that unsub button for a while.

Also if this game is so perfect, why exactly are you here on these forums. If it's so great why aren't you playing it instead? If this is not the place to express concern over this game because fanboys will jump on you, this will only lead to more alienation of players.

Bump for truth!

I don't agree with the "go back to pandas" responses, but most of those quitting posts don't deserve any more than that. It's not like anyone truly cares or is going to persuade them to not quit. There is a cancellation feedback forum that people can use if they are so concerned about giving feedback to BW. Edited by Qoojo

Every game forum is like this.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Don't believe me? Go to WoW, Rift, CoD, BF, etc. forums and do a search for "sucks, quitting, fail, dead" set to return thread titles only.

Edited by Abanoth

If I was at home. I'd be playing (even though I don't think the game is perfect). I'm not. So I am trolling the forums and telling people not to let the door hit them where the good lord split them, when they post an "I quit" whine.

It gives me something productive to do while I sit here in the car and wait for the wife to finish grocery shopping.

~Saitada

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Don't believe me? Go to WoW, Rift, CoD, BF, etc. forums and do a search for "sucks, quitting, fail, dead" set to return thread titles only.

This is the honest to gods truth. Every game with a big player base is going to have the "I quit, here's why you should too" posts. You will never escape them. World of Warcraft, a game that's played by 12 million people worldwide, has a forum FILLED with nothing but "This game sucks now, and I'm quitting. No you can't have my stuff" posts. Go look if you don't believe me. I played that game for 6 years on and off. I've quit and restarted probably about 5 times now. Each time I go back expecting to be sucked in and to experience new things. Never works out that way and I find myself quitting again for the same reason I quit last time. The game just runs out of steam. Even when in a competent 10/25m raiding guild.

You think MMOS are bad? Go look at call of duty forums. Holy ****, the cesspool of prepubescent ranting you will find their is truly a sight to behold, if you can stomach it.

I believe it has less to do with people expressing their views on a certain matter, and more to do with all of the grandstanding and asinine threads made by a small minority of people. I'm all for a thread that is made constructively and non-inflammatory and that can be discussed reasonably. However, most of these complaint threads are actually no more then people who on their soapbox spewing vitriolic hate for this game without actually explaining why, or even caring if people reply.

This is a forum, people are here to discuss things. If you can't be bothered to make a post on this forum that is even-handed, constructive, and well thought out then you should be prepared to face the consequences.

That is of course my opinion.

Played WoW for 6 years since 2004. In the beginning I never even spent 2 seconds on the forums, because you know I was enjoying the game. There was no need to express concern on them, because the game was that good.

Its population exploded after its first month. This game's population is only dropping and the sterile and empty worlds are only accentuated by it. It's boring now sure, but boy did it last a whole lot longer

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

I just tried "fail" in the Rift forum and I found only 5-6 threads.

Didn't try other searches though.

If I was at home. I'd be playing (even though I don't think the game is perfect). I'm not. So I am trolling the forums and telling people not to let the door hit them where the good lord split them, when they post an "I quit" whine.

It gives me something productive to do while I sit here in the car and wait for the wife to finish grocery shopping.

~Saitada

How about you get off your lazy but and help the wife grocery shop?

There is something that boggles the mind when I'm here reading these forums. I've seen a steady increase in people creating quit posts or posts talking about a drop in population. The poster(s) quickly get responses that ressemble : just quit if you don't like it or don't let the door hit you on the way out. Is that really what you want?

That's right. The general forum population doesn't give a flying rakghoul's poop that X person is leaving. The "typical" "I quit" poster is simply an attention w****e nothing more. BioWare has avenues for people to give feedback that are unrelated to the forums such as when you cancel your sub and there's an email address etc... I personally don't care why someone decides to unsub. That's their decision and they can disappear quietly with that decision without the need to post it here.

The only person I pity is the one who unsubs out of ignorance because they didn't bother to read things like the dev tracker or the community blog.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

This wasn't supposed to be "every other game". Not in the mind's of the developers and certainly not in the mind's of the players. It was to be a game with more universal appeal. People moan on other game forums because they are sick of the same dog and pony show. This game was supposed to break that mold and introduce a more innovative gameplay experience within the Star Wars IP. Does it not register that the bigger they are, the harder they fall?

Hey folks,

We do understand you can get frustrated with members of the community at times. However, creating threads such as these inevitably draws out negativity and non-constructive discussion, which does not help the situation.

As a result, we're going to go ahead and close this thread. In the future, please consider creating content which constructively criticizes your fellow community members as this will certainly lead to more productive discussion. :)

Thanks for your understanding.