The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Option to make cursor larger

Sathid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea also with size i think it should be customizeable, including different shapes and colors. i also have a wide screen and the curser does seem to look little as well.

/signed

I wouldn't mind curser customization.

Edited by AceMasterSoul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seriously. 6 years of this request.

For some reason it had been fine until today's update -- was using my system cursor. But on a 42" UHD, it's almost invisible. Even at 1080 -- ON A 42" SCREEN -- I can barely see it. It's about 4 or 5 pixels long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
In addition some of the dialog boxes need to be adjustable, so that 4K works.

I contacted SWTOR support and the basically said they dont support

new fangled 4K things.

so

Most Pointer

Some Text, and dialogs

PLEASE FIX IT, I PAY YOU - FIX IT

In my experience (yes, I have a 4K screen set to 4K, thanks), the only real text problems are when you aren't logged in to a character, or before you have set up a new character's UI preferences. The slider numbers in the Appearance Designer kiosks aren't super-easy to read, but they aren't dramatically bad.

And the mouse cursor. That's awful. Contrast: GW2's mouse cursor just scaled itself up to the right size without me doing anything special.

• 3 months later...

I can't believe how long this thread has been going on for.

I upgraded to a 4k monitor recently, and I can barely see the mouse cursor anymore. It makes looting, selecting interactive objects, and occasionally selecting enemies in combat, much more difficult. We really need to be able to adjust the cursor size. We can already change most of the rest of the UI, please let us alter the mouse as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Logitech G602.

I opened Program Files in drive C. I found a folder named "Logitech Gaming Software". In it I found LCore. An Application. I pointed the mouse at it, Left clicked once on it, NOT TWICE, ONCE. Then I RIGHT Clicked on it.

The menu that opened shows Open at the top and Properties at the bottom. I clicked on Properties.

The next menu showed tabs at the top. I selected "Compatibility". It opened and in that menu there is "Change high DPI settings.

I clicked on that. At the bottom it says, "High DPI scaling override."

I checked the box next to "Override high scaling behavior". In the box below it has three choices. Application, System, and System (Enhanced). I clicked OK. Next box I clicked on Apply and OK.

Weird part about this is, after I did all that nothing happened to change the cursor. I discovered I had to have started the game, before I did the changes in Compatibility. I had started the game, all the way to the first play state where our main character stands facing us. Quit the game. I then did all the changes in the Compatibility mode, clicked OK twice closing them.

I was so frustrated I restarted the computer. I wanted to play even though the cursor was a speck. I opened the game (This was directly after I had just changed the LCore Mouse settings DPI Compatibility settings and restarted the computer.) When the game opened to the first window the standard white mouse pointer with a sand timer, appeared. And just before the picture was switch to the main start window with my character the mouse arrow for the game appeared big enough for me to see it easily.

Strange part about this is. If I shutdown the computer, completely; cold start it, I have to go back and do the whole routine again. That is, I have to start up Star Wars The Old Republic, wait until it has reaches the play picture. Then Quit.

Go to the Compatibility settings to adjust them, and just click on the check mark to turn it Off and then back On. Click OK to save the changes until the boxes are closed, restart the computer, and when the computer gets back on, I click on the SWTOR link and when the game starts and the games mouse arrow appears; again larger, the mouse arrow large enough to see.

If someone can show me how to get it to keep from clearing the settings in the mouse setting each time I shut down the computer cold then restart it later, That Would Be Great.

Edited by PagafyrLight
No title.

I can't believe how long this thread has been going on for.

I upgraded to a 4k monitor recently, and I can barely see the mouse cursor anymore. It makes looting, selecting interactive objects, and occasionally selecting enemies in combat, much more difficult. We really need to be able to adjust the cursor size. We can already change most of the rest of the UI, please let us alter the mouse as well.

I know this is an old thread... but it's true for me too. At first I passed it off as an "old age" thing. It's good to know that it's more than that.

The reall time solution would be under the UI... an option for a larger cursor for those of using 4K monitors .. (or for whatever reason).

Why can't a developer speak here?

This feature is essential for today's resolutions!

As a matter of policy, they don't post on threads in the Suggestion Box forum, to avoid "blessing" or "cursing" ideas. Imagine the flooflah that would follow a vaguely positive BioWare word on a Suggestion Box thread, when the suggested idea wasn't released in the next patch. (I have zero doubt that *someone* would treat that vaguely positive word as an iron-clad promise to deliver the idea, no matter how stupid it was, in the next patch.)

I have a Logitech G602.

I opened Program Files in drive C. I found a folder named "Logitech Gaming Software". In it I found LCore. An Application. I pointed the mouse at it, Left clicked once on it, NOT TWICE, ONCE. Then I RIGHT Clicked on it.

The menu that opened shows Open at the top and Properties at the bottom. I clicked on Properties.

The next menu showed tabs at the top. I selected "Compatibility". It opened and in that menu there is "Change high DPI settings.

I clicked on that. At the bottom it says, "High DPI scaling override."

I checked the box next to "Override high scaling behavior". In the box below it has three choices. Application, System, and System (Enhanced). I clicked OK. Next box I clicked on Apply and OK.

Weird part about this is, after I did all that nothing happened to change the cursor. I discovered I had to have started the game, before I did the changes in Compatibility. I had started the game, all the way to the first play state where our main character stands facing us. Quit the game. I then did all the changes in the Compatibility mode, clicked OK twice closing them.

I was so frustrated I restarted the computer. I wanted to play even though the cursor was a speck. I opened the game (This was directly after I had just changed the LCore Mouse settings DPI Compatibility settings and restarted the computer.) When the game opened to the first window the standard white mouse pointer with a sand timer, appeared. And just before the picture was switch to the main start window with my character the mouse arrow for the game appeared big enough for me to see it easily.

Strange part about this is. If I shutdown the computer, completely; cold start it, I have to go back and do the whole routine again. That is, I have to start up Star Wars The Old Republic, wait until it has reaches the play picture. Then Quit.

Go to the Compatibility settings to adjust them, and just click on the check mark to turn it Off and then back On. Click OK to save the changes until the boxes are closed, restart the computer, and when the computer gets back on, I click on the SWTOR link and when the game starts and the games mouse arrow appears; again larger, the mouse arrow large enough to see.

If someone can show me how to get it to keep from clearing the settings in the mouse setting each time I shut down the computer cold then restart it later, That Would Be Great.

What I was saying was... Check your mouse compatibility settings. Even if you don't have a gamers mouse this may work so you can see your mouse arrow, targeting pointer all in a reasonable size for 4K monitor. Even on a 65 inch monitor.

Both this and the terrible target marker are things that desperatly need atention.

Arrow too small and easy to lose track of. Needs option to be made bigger.

Target marker just doesn't cut it anymore. It's too small and difficult to notice especially in pvp where pre-made teams take advantage of this by running back and forth in a group.

Target needs to be highlighted in a very noticeable way. It needs to be obvious in a crowd. Make it brighter than the other nameplates.

Very simple fixes. Option to increase mouse pointer and bright targets. 2 small, simple tasks that would be imense QoL to the game.

Edited by Nemmar

• 1 month later...
YoloMouse works well enough for me. The only problem is that the included cursors don't fit the game, and extracting one from the SWTOR files is beyond my skills. I ended up using one taken from Stellaris; at least it's the right color.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I am not the only one who has recognized this issue. I definitely need a bigger cursor, or at least have the option of changing the color. If I'm not losing the mouse in an OPs, I'm moving my buttons around and lose them as well. It gets very frustrating. I'm running at 1920x... right now on an HP Omen less than a year old... Great everything, but the cursor. Ugh!

Please, please make this happen

thanks,

T.

• 3 weeks later...
As a matter of policy, they don't post on threads in the Suggestion Box forum, to avoid "blessing" or "cursing" ideas. Imagine the flooflah that would follow a vaguely positive BioWare word on a Suggestion Box thread, when the suggested idea wasn't released in the next patch. (I have zero doubt that *someone* would treat that vaguely positive word as an iron-clad promise to deliver the idea, no matter how stupid it was, in the next patch.)

You mean, like the "flooflah" that happened when an IDEA IN THE FORUMS caused Costume Designer to become a real thing???? smh

WHY don't people just use YOLOMOUSE?? it works PERFECTLY!!! and already in the place of the real thing that people want from the BW devs... Just make sure you launch that app ONLY in Administrator mode (You have to do the same thing with Discord anyway).

What this game TRULY needs (BESIDES a large mouse pointer) is an ability to INCREASE THE FONT SIZE of the DESCRIPTOR TEXT when you hover over any gear or inventory item ... MY EYES ARE OLD and i have Presbyopia so i CANNOT READ EIGHT-POINT FONTS from 4-5 feet away from the monitor and the game / Interface Designer does NOT ALLOW us to modify or increase the size of the font of floating item descriptor text!!!!

GRRRRRRRR So, i am FORCED to have to use Windows Magnifier JUST TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME so i can READ ANY of the smaller 8-ish font type sizes in the game INTERFACE!!!! :(

Edited by lightningseven