I saw this and had to agree.

AnAcuteAngle

The reason why TOR is failing right now, is mainly due to the fact that they spent about 95% of their resources on leveling zones and storyline.

Alright, maybe that's a bit rough. I'd say 70-80%, but you still get the point.

People loved levelling and then hit 50 and also hit the concrete wall of "There's absolutely nothing to do." Particularly in PvP.

So... Let's hope they fix this.

Perhaps, these same people, should do something other than RUSH to the carrot, get as many as they can, and enjoy the ride?

Ah no. That's not possible. :rolleyes:

Leveling takes a few days of play time at most.

Endgame is months of playtime.

:rolleyes:

But yes lets have nice shiney questline then faceroll easy endgame!

Perhaps, these same people, should do something other than RUSH to the carrot, get as many as they can, and enjoy the ride?

What is with people like you? You think if someone is higher level then you they had to rush? Seriously get a clue.

I have a full time job and real life commitments. I managed to get level 50 in about 20 days. I sure didn't rush either. I levelled mostly through PvP which isn't even the fastest way to level.

Most MMOs I have played have this problem heh. More content will be added though we just have to be patient.

Edited by Acindo

I like how the solution to the game being bad at 50 is to not play the game.

"Come on guys! Why don't you stand around on the fleet for 10 minutes every day and just take it all in. I mean why would you want to play a game? It makes things so much better."

:rolleyes:

When WoW came out, they had what? 3 PvP areas, not quite sure. I'd say TOR is doing pretty good for itself, seeing as it just came out a little over a month ago. Just wait a few months or so and see.

WoW had no PvP areas. PvP occurred in the open world.

Your argument is pretty terrible. WoW is also a 7 year old game on a 10+ year old game engine. People generally expect more from a late model vehicle than something a decade old in terms of standard features.

That would be like saying Chevy invented the automobile a little over a month ago and we should not expect any modern equipment. When Ford has been making cars for almost 8 years with all the bells and whistles.

i'm of the opinion that most mmo fail because mmo player are burnt out. it's the same ppl hoping from one mmo to another.

swtor do right thing to grab new player in concentrating on lvling portion.

pvp should be improved along the way because balancing is a process.

i'm of the opinion that most mmo fail because mmo player are burnt out. it's the same ppl hoping from one mmo to another.

swtor do right thing to grab new player in concentrating on lvling portion.

pvp should be improved along the way because balancing is a process.

Once you hit 50. You can talk.

These posts are always amusing. The majority of the player-base does not visit the forums, nor are they max level. Most of the players either have just reached 50 or are still on their way. I doubt Bioware is hurting right now for subscriptions, no matter how many quitting posts you see on the forum.

What is with people like you? You think if someone is higher level then you they had to rush? Seriously get a clue.

I have a full time job and real life commitments. I managed to get level 50 in about 20 days. I sure didn't rush either. I levelled mostly through PvP which isn't even the fastest way to level.

Most MMOs I have played have this problem heh. More content will be added though we just have to be patient.

20days so 480 hours; it take about 150-200 hours if you dont skip dialogue. so in fact you played for at least 8 hours a day for 20 day and you say you have commitments.. ya sure

20days so 480 hours; it take about 150-200 hours if you dont skip dialogue. so in fact you played for at least 8 hours a day for 20 day and you say you have commitments.. ya sure

I was on holiday the first 2 weeks I had the game which surely helped as that was at least 11 hours a day freed up with no work or travel.

I also skip all dialogue apart from Story. Sometimes I skip that to. I play this for PvP

Edited by Acindo

New MMOs tend to get a lot of hate centered on them because

1-People don't like change

2-MMOs take friends away from their old favourites

SWTOR has a lot of issues but I have seen none of those discussed. all I've seen is people complaining about minor issues such as balance.

The flashpoints are fun, the hardmodes are challenging and the pvp is great on my server. I am clueless as to why people are complaining and quitting...

edit: Not to mention 1 month into it and you already have a fresh new flashpoint.. which i still havent done..

Edited by xJeTsTaRx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.