Is Rakata Gear causing PvP issues?

Rollento

hmm, geting rid of expertise? That surely means that you become 30% weaker in PvP (15% offence+15% defence). Rakata compensates this loss? Not sure. And besides, without combat log you will never compare exactly. You might have only 'feeling', but feelings mean nothing and more often are plainly misleading. Edited by RiverRaid

It seems some of the crazy high crits coming from PvP is coming from people wearing PvE gear, especially operatives. Can anyone else confrim this? Or is it just a coincidence?

yes it is and NOW I AM FORCED TO FAMR PVE crap to PVP and be compettive in PVP and i think bioware is really showing how much of a rookie they are in mmo's when it comes to pvp

i cannot beleive that now i have to grind PVE content to get a mix and match of rakata and PvP gear to be competetive now ...!!!!!

shame on you bioware

i dont want a warning for being even more mean to your company in this post so ill just zip it now

Uh any PVP op wearing PVe gear is a total moron. You obviously don't know what expertise does.

Wearing rakata gear is a built in -20% dps against someone in full champion as compared to wearing champion yourself. The added stats don't anywhere near make up for that.

actually you should just remove yourself from the deabte

a mixture of pvp and rakata gear is the best build for all classess in pvp in swtor please investigate before blurting out

Having most of my BM gear and Rakata, without a doubt, Rakata mixed with some BM gear is the way to go.

Rakata allows you to hit specific soft caps, that BM will NEVER do. Thus after you hit caps you can focus on Surge/crit mod or Surge/power mod. the 56 or 58 ones from Combat tech set glove/head, or the medium armor Enforcer gloves.

For more HP, there is the BH helm/chest Columi piece that is an endurance based surge/power mod.

Expertise fails on so many levels. In fact PVP gear fails on so many levels unless you have the right 56/58 PVE mods.

Expertise doesnt negate crit %. And hardly offsets the insane Surge damage.

With a stat like Surge, Critting is huge if you have auto crit abilities or 2 piece rakata BH set.

Thus Surge in pvp at endgame, for top PVPers becomes a huge stat.

Surge buffs damage more than Expertise.

There are also huge stat differences between specific Rakata gear and BM gear.

For instance Rakata Implants are vastly superior to Champion/BM implants, and offer more customization. For instance the 20 Aim and stats I gain from the Rakata implants actually more than makes up for Expertise.

I know most of you won't undertsand this because you aren't raiding Nightmare nor are you a Battlemaster (actually Im already 65) but try to have an open mind. champion and BM welfare epics aren't that great for pvp other than the weapons because Rakata weps still bugged.

In short, you cant PVP well in SWTOR without Hard mode/nightmare PVE mods.

this ,,,,,,

While I can't speak for anyone elses gear, the tier set bonuses on the Jugg sets are pretty terrible. The PvP set bonuses are way better, however I think for the Juggs who roll as tanks that the PvE/PvP mix is better because the way increased HP you'll get combined with decent Expertise. Edited by Dreadspectre

Hey folks,

We've removed a few posts from the thread. As a gentle reminder, we ask that even if you disagree with one another, you do so respectfully. Insults and rude behavior is not allowed.

Thanks for your understanding.

no we do not understand

as nothing in this thread that was removed was anything but inteligent debate and many things removed all day long everyday by bioware are jsut things that show bioware in a bad light and you all decide to remove them under the false pretense of numerous things

Uh any PVP op wearing PVe gear is a total moron. You obviously don't know what expertise does.

Wearing rakata gear is a built in -20% dps against someone in full champion as compared to wearing champion yourself. The added stats don't anywhere near make up for that.

You should look at Rakata gear a bit closer. It's that good. Rakata is roughly 30% more primary stat and 15% more endurance over the equivalent BM set.