I started on 1 of the new servers, back when the queues were 30 mins long, but now..

Viscidslime

I am level 50 with absolutely NO WZs period, no HM parties, no OP parties, and hardly anything else to do, aside from being forced to play an alt...!

My server is Anturi Reach, and the server is dead.

BioWare, I hope you handle these low population servers, I am losing interest to play.

I feel like the only solution is to start over on a heavy server, because you refuse to merge or give free transfers, or even address the current situation.. but why must my gaming experience be penalized?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I also started a character on a low que server, and he's sitting....hearing the chirp of crickets in the space station.....the AH is empty, nothing to do....

BW needs to allow for server transfers....soon

I am level 50 with absolutely NO WZs period, no HM parties, no OP parties, and hardly anything else to do, aside from being forced to play an alt...!

BioWare, I hope you handle these low population servers, I am losing interest to play.

I feel like the only solution is to start over on a heavy server, because you refuse to merge or give free transfers, or even address the current situation.. but why must my gaming experience be penalized?

I came to your conclusion this weekend. Now I'm playing on a higher population realm, have my new character to almost level 23, and I'm loving it. It's night and day. I have not had to skip a single heroic quest yet and it has not taken more than 2 minutes to find a group for them. In between planets I'll go to the fleet and in the time it takes me to buy new skills, put some items on the GTN, maybe check out a couple vendors I'm already in a flashpoint group, ready to go.

BW should start the process to consolidate the lower pop servers into some standard pop servers and have free char transfers. It really sucks but you can't wait for that to happen. So, my next suggestion is to reroll to a more populated server and try a different class story or faction. Then whenever BW does allow free char transfers (its inevitable at some point in time) you can play your toon again.

I'm having fun on my server, but I will say this. My co-worker started the game with me. He's very reasonable, very patient, not very demanding. He's not going to make a rash decision or quit over something trivial in other words.

He told me today that while he likes the game, he likes our old game better (not WoW, btw). Since I'm having so much fun I asked him why.

He said the game seems empty. Our old game, you walk into a town and there was people everywhere...it felt alive. He said the planets here are dead and the towns are little more than outposts with a couple vendors standing there and hardly ever any real people in sight.

He'll be finishing through level 50, but after that I think he might be leaving back to our old game unless Bioware does something to make the place seem more alive.

It was hard for me to disagree with him. While I am having fun levelling, it does seem kind of quiet...I was on a planet the other night that had a population of less than 10 at the time.

I think they've split the servers up too much. It needed to be done when launch came because of hte overwhelming inital surge, but that seems to be drying up and it's time to get the remaining people together so the place seems more alive and less like everything is a remote outpost.

I agree with your comment about transfers I really do. If low population events happen they need to address it sure enough. However, what I highlighted in bold is something I find annoying. Get over yourself. This entitlement bs is so very tired and run down. It's NOT A PENALTY. They didn't make new servers and say to themselves,"Someday...when this server population gets low, everyone one on it is going to be PUNISHED because we say so."

If someone asks me to help them change a tire, hell yes why not. If someone comes to me and tells me its my fault the tire got a hole in it and I have to fix that while they go get some lunch, no.

Is it just me or are a very very large amount of servers light/medium during peak times lately?

My server is pretty slow(was high/que first week of game) but its not dormy(yet)

Did they just up the caps by a bunch or did that many people quit/roll on the few higher pop servers?

I came to your conclusion this weekend. Now I'm playing on a higher population realm, have my new character to almost level 23, and I'm loving it. It's night and day. I have not had to skip a single heroic quest yet and it has not taken more than 2 minutes to find a group for them. In between planets I'll go to the fleet and in the time it takes me to buy new skills, put some items on the GTN, maybe check out a couple vendors I'm already in a flashpoint group, ready to go.

Starting over would be fine, if transfers and merging wasn't inevitable.. I'm more concerned with the fact, that as a paying customer I am being made to suffer amongst many others, because BioWare will not address the low server populations/population imbalances.

A simple "Dear Customers, we are aware and working on this situation, and this is how we will fix this situation", "acknowledgment", would alleviate so many concerns, and for the most part, give us low pop peeps some peace of mind.

I agree with your comment about transfers I really do. If low population events happen they need to address it sure enough. However, what I highlighted in bold is something I find annoying. Get over yourself. This entitlement bs is so very tired and run down. It's NOT A PENALTY. They didn't make new servers and say to themselves,"Someday...when this server population gets low, everyone one on it is going to be PUNISHED because we say so."

If someone asks me to help them change a tire, hell yes why not. If someone comes to me and tells me its my fault the tire got a hole in it and I have to fix that while they go get some lunch, no.

Other than the first couple lines of your post, nothing else made even the tiniest amount of sense.

I started on a full server as empire, first week or two had a 30 minute wait to get in with over 100 people no matter where i was at.

I decided to start a Republic character not to long ago and i am currently lvl 25.

Since the character was created there was only 20 people on each planet that i was, including the fleet.

It makes it impossible to do Heroics and what is even worse is that i cant even do Flashpoints because nobody is on to do those either.

The server never has a wait anymore, which i initially thought was a good thing but now i have nobody to play with. Unless the issue is everyone is rolling a empire character.

Either way, some sort of a server transfer or server grouping tool is needed. I LOVE this game but i enjoy it so much more when i can group with others.

Sorry for the ridiculously long post but if i have this issue at 25 i can only expect it to get worse when i become 50 and NEED others to complete anything.

This. MMO with a dead server really sucks.

Thank you for the support!

Most of us on these servers really love the game and want to keep playing, it's just hard when there are so few people around. No market activity, no flashpoints, and operations are a pipe dream.

It almost seems like they got hit pretty hard with subscribers, and added new servers to adjust the demand.

Then, a good amount quit cause of the free month being up and such. So now, the servers are thin again.

I do not believe anyone can accurately predict how a MMO will do during ramp up. But what you do to make your players happy and make the game feel alive is what really counts.

I don't see how we are supposed to entice people into moving to our low population servers. In fact, the opposite is happening.... people (like me) who get depressed at the lack of people and who still love the game end up rerolling on the high servers making it even worse.

People who are marginal on the game (like a friend or two of mine) have said that they will likely just ride it out and finish up their storylines, and if the server is still a ghost town when they get to level 50 they'll just unsub. No sense paying a 'massively multiplayer' subscription without the other people, right? I can't really argue with their logic.

It's almost comical that one month ago, people were on here whining that the queues were too long and QQ'd to the point that Bioware opened new servers. One month later, queues on the original servers are gone and the new servers are dead.

I remember a month ago people giving advice on these forums to just be patient in the queue for a few weeks and it will all sort out and we'll have a healthy community. That's what I chose to do, in fact I am on one of the busiest servers because I had patience and didn't re-roll.

Well I suggest to you now that you go back to your original characters on the original server you started on, and start leveling.

If you want a decent server with a good population on each faction come on over to Jedi Covenant, one of the busiest servers each night.

Edited by Nazferiti

It's almost comical that one month ago, people were on here whining that the queues were too long and QQ'd to the point that Bioware opened new servers. One month later, queues on the original servers are gone and the new servers are dead.

I remember a month ago people giving advice on these forums to just be patient in the queue for a few weeks and it will all sort out and we'll have a healthy community. That's what I chose to do, in fact I am on one of the busiest servers because I had patience and didn't re-roll.

Well I suggest to you now that you go back to your original characters on the original server you started on, and start leveling.

Except for all of those people who bought the game and created characters at launch, not having an 'original' server to go back to and completely unaware about all of the 'forum QQ' you're talking about.

Or do you think that everyone playing the game now was already playing during the prelaunch period?

Also, at the end of the day it was Bioware who opened up the new servers and throttled the servers to increase queue times because they WANTED people to roll on those other new servers. You are basically condemning people for doing what Bioware guided them to do.

If you want a decent server with a good population on each faction come on over to Jedi Covenant, one of the busiest servers each night.

Lets take a trip down memory lane, shall we?..

Original servers had queues during early access.

New servers without queues were released with the "official launch" of SWTOR.

What gives you the idea, everyone currently on the "second wave" of servers (a.k.a. the dead servers), had early access, with characters on original servers?

I too, rolled on a low server. Instead of looking for people, getting a guild together with like-minded people, using some virtual elbow grease, and a little hardwork to get an economy and a group together to play, I came to the forums and just cried.

You realize there are semi-server forums now, right? Get over there. Find a guild or start one. You don't have to be forever alone.

ROFMLAO. Nothing but QQ on these here forums. SO funny!