Naming Policy

Cruces

I can't find the policy for naming your characters (I admit I didn't look very hard).

Is there a naming policy?

Does Bioware have a sense of humor regarding the naming of Star Wars characters?

Edited by Cruces

when you read the naming policy, you will vomit in your mouth, really.

Read it. Didn't vomit in my mouth. Really don't see a problem with it. But then I don't often view guidelines as the line in the sand and wonder how close I can come to it, tiptoe over it, and still get away with it.

It says the penalty is a forced rename, an option to choose another name, or penalties up to closing your account (but I'm guessing that last penalty will be if you have alot of violations, because that would cost them profits from subscription fees)

I did have a sith character in beta weekend named DarthDammit

Edited by AeonWeapon

It says the penalty is a forced rename, an option to choose another name, or penalties up to closing your account (but I'm guessing that last penalty will be if you have alot of violations, because that would cost them profits from subscription fees)

I did have a sith character in beta weekend named DarthDammit

Ahh, I didn't see that. I asked because my name (Dr_Freeman) is a reference to Gordon Freeman, which is technically breaking the rules, right?

Someone in the old forums said there is a ban on the Primarch names from WH40K. Don't know if this is true, but if it is, I have to chuckle at the lengths BW went to. (I know those names would violate the "no copyrighted names." Not saying the names should be allowed. Just chuckling because they were banned.)