The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BUG: Guard becomes unusable

Pestwulf

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have reported it but since its mostly worthless i didn't. Range is too short to use on anyone but another melee and melee classes are so gimp they are not ripping aggro anyway.

I understand it has its uses in pvp though.

Hello everyone. Thank you for your reports; we are working on this issue and would like your help. If you are experiencing trouble with Guard, please post to report what Class you are guarding when the issue happens. We appreciate your patience as we research a resolution to this problem. Thank you!

I can tell you this repeatedly happens to me. Sith Warrior, guarding Vette. It also happens in flashpoints (hammer station) when I was guarding a healer...operative I believe).

Also, it would be dang nice if everytime I got off my speeder, I didn't have to re-guard Vette.

Edited by horatio_picard

I am a Juggernaut, when I first guard a Sith Sorceror then switch my guard to other classes I am not able to put guard on the original Sith Sorceror. In many pvp matches/flashpoints. Edited by Zhoulin

I often use Guard (as a Tank Powertech) on my healer (Imperial Agent). If I have him guarded and I die (but he doesnt), it will clear all my buff and take his Guarded buff off him, yet when I try to reapply guard on him it says he is already guarded but neither of us have the appropriate buffs and it doesn't re-direct any damage. This also happen if its vice versa and he dies and I don't, it will say he is still guarded yet isn't.

Although if we both die and have to spawn at a med droid or either of us log out and then back in, it allows me to properly re-apply Guard.

This is a really nasty bug that was in beta, then it was gone, and only recently have I had this bug again for the first time this week.

Guard reports that is is off, I try to guard someone else but I get "this target cant be guarded" I see no shield on anyone, but then I keep getting metals for guarding someone... but obviously I have lost control over whom I am guarding, the ability gets stuck....

I've had this happen to me as well. It usually occurs after I die, whilst having Guard on an ally. After I'm revived, attempting to cast Guard on the target ally prompts a notification telling me that the target is already guarded, even though it is not. Neither myself nor the target have the Guard/Guarded buff, but I'm still able to use Guard on other allies, just not the one who had it when I died.

I've tried a couple things to overcome this. Sometimes casting Guard on a different ally and then using it on the original target ally works, though most of the time the intended Guard target is still unable to be guarded.

Same thing happening to me when i'm in wz's.

Juggernaut reporting.

I roll a duo with a sorcerer, anytime one or both of us die, guard acts as though it's still active on the sorcerer. I can apply and disengage guard on either of our companions, but when I try to guard the sorcerer in my party, it tells me the target is already guarded (but they're not, unless the buff is lying and the active indicator beneath the guard icon is lying).

I run a sorc healer. Never fails, half way through BT HM usually right before the champion droid. He can no longer guard me, and I can no longer shield him ( tank, BH PT ) after we kill/capture the traitor, shield and guard work again.

That's the only time I have seen this issue.

I encountered this today when running Black Talon HM as Sith Juggernaut. After dying on one of the bosses and receiving an in-combat revive, I got the "Target is already guarded" message when trying to set guard on our Sith Sorcerer.

Same thing happened when the Sorcerer died and received an out of combat revive.

Edited by Ostguden

Have encountered this bug a couple of times while questing with a Vanguard (my character is a Guardian). I can't say with confidence what may be triggering it in the latter case, but it isn't death. Seems to possibly have something to do with zoning.

I too am having issues with guard, i have not really used it on other players as im currently focusing on leveling, but i use it on my companions all the time.

I am a "sith Assasin" and no matter what companion i use i have the same issue every time, the issue are:

1. When interacting with quest NPC upon leveling the interaction my companion will no longer be guarded.

2. When fast traveling on arrival at my destination my companion will no longer be guarded.

3. When using a Taxi on arrival at my destination my companion will no longer be guarded.

Guardian. Cant cast it on the healer for some reason after a while. It has nothing to do with dying. Nobody dies with me in the front.

When solo, everytime I zon or even dismount it goes off the companion. Guard is now in my normal attack rotation.

Edited by ObiQro

Hello everyone. Thank you for your reports; we are working on this issue and would like your help. If you are experiencing trouble with Guard, please post to report what Class you are guarding when the issue happens. We appreciate your patience as we research a resolution to this problem. Thank you!

Was on 26 Vanguard, guarded 23 Scoundrel. We both died, after which I could not guard the Scoundrel again. Came up with the error that he was guarded already, no guard icon was on them.:jawa_frown:

50 Vanguard here. It happens to me in FPs and WZs while guarding my friends Sage.

I will die, try to get back into the fight (where he is still alive) and try to re-apply guard with no success.

Granted, this isn't all the time but common enough to be annoying. I have tried re-applying my Ion Cell to restart it with no success either.

Was playing on my Sith Jugg alt and was on Dromund Kaas doing the quest "Friends of Old." I had guard on an operative. We wiped and after we all probed to res in place, I could not guard the operative again as I was receiving the error message "That target is already guarded" when infact she wasn't.

I tried guarding someone else and then guarding her, but still got the error message that she was already guarded.

Trooper Vanguard. I always put Guard on my teammate, a Jedi Knight Sentinel.

If I die then Guard is no longer on him and I cannot ever put it on him. I can put it on other players and companion characters, but never back on the Jedi Knight Sentinel.

Like the others I keep getting the message "This target is already guarded", but he's not.

I can never again guard him unless we zone to another world or I log off and back on again.