Getting CRUSHED while leveling :(

Tsavo

Maybe try to go defence tree with little Vigilance. Personally i have no problem with leveling my guard (i go defen. Sometimes i even beat down champions (4 lvl lower than me) only with my Kira.

You have some fine skills to use during the fight, but smoetimes You have to be quick (inerrupt is my bred and butter), force push - love it specially when now when reset cooldown for force leap, force stasis, bubble, etc, etc....

Guardians obwiously needs some burst but its a very ineresting class but its not easy mode :)

Once you get Doc, you can take even level Champions as a Defense Spec Guardian.

It takes forever and you can't slack at all during the fight, but you can do it.

T7 is your best leveling companion, because of how companions instantly refill their hp when you resummon them.

Send T7 into a group to tank, kill everything while taking no damage, resummon T7 to refill his health. On to the next group with only 1.5s (resummon) or .5s (mount/remount) of downtime.

That doesn't work.

Many enemy's have aof damage which will affect you. Also many of your most powerful skills draw agro, so unless you are wandering around using only a basic slash and sunder then you are going to get agro at some point and take damage.

For those who do not thing the Jedi knight has issues, go play a trooper/bounty hunter, smuggler/imperial agent, and/or a jedi conselor/sith inquisitor and then come back and make a post on how great the jedi knight is and how there are no problems.

I have a 50 Commando, 26 Shadow, 28 Scoundrel, and 23 Sentinel.

The Sentinel has been the 2nd easiest to level so far, behind the Commando. Scoundrels have the same survivability issues as Sentinels, except they don't do nearly as much damage and don't have ANY defensive cooldowns that are worth a damn. The only saving grace is that I can just spam heals on my tank companion and win.

JKs have survivability issues, but they're far from the hardest class to level. The only REAL issue is that JKs don't get a healing companion until late in the game... which is utterly ridiculous considering it's the only role the class can't handle itself. Doc should have been the first or second companion you receive, not the third.

That doesn't work.

Many enemy's have aof damage which will affect you. Also many of your most powerful skills draw agro, so unless you are wandering around using only a basic slash and sunder then you are going to get agro at some point and take damage.

It worked for me 1-50, and I still use him to do dailies. I did use a Reusable Medpack whenever I did get some incidental damage, but it was still much better than using Doc. Most AoE abilities are casted so you can interrupt them and avoid that damage as well.

You're also underestimating the amount of threat T7 pulls. He'll keep an Strong or Elite on him through my full dps rotation in full Columi/Champion gear (Well, I'll pull aggro at some point but he'll taunt it right back).

Edited by Sacerdos

I started whit SI but are now lvling a jedi knight (lvl 48) currently

a few tips i have is to try to be around 2-3 lvls higher then all planets (easy atchived whit pvping)

allso i think i was tanking spec and dident have a enny trubble

but if you go whit an aoe specc i would recomend changing a few talents more to this

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZZG0RrdbR.1

and use force leep then stasis on as maney packs as you can the 50 sec cd isent that long imo and then try to group them upp and hit force sweep they die fast then :p

if you go that specc its importent to go to force exhaustion fast

my combat rotation lookt somthing like this

saber throw> force leep > force stasis/ force exhaustion> force sweep and then just kill of them whit what ever spell not on cd.

blade storm is realy nice to use as a more of a distant spell to kill some of them that are in the 10 yard mark, trye not to move around to mutch, you loose allot of time when running around in the packs you are facing, so use range spells at mobs that are in a distant

i did have a realy easy time lvling my JK far easyer then my SI infact

sorry for bad spelling

hope i helpt

It worked for me 1-50, and I still use him to do dailies. I did use a Reusable Medpack whenever I did get some incidental damage, but it was still much better than using Doc. Most AoE abilities are casted so you can interrupt them and avoid that damage as well.

You're also underestimating the amount of threat T7 pulls. He'll keep an Strong or Elite on him through my full dps rotation in full Columi/Champion gear (Well, I'll pull aggro at some point but he'll taunt it right back).

You are confusing lvl 50 with the rest of the time. I don't have a reusable med pack while levelling.

When using doc, against anything accept for bosses, I finish fights on 75% life. Before I get to the next group Im back to 100%. Worst case if the group is right near me I self heal for 2 seconds.

Much faster than dismissing and ressummoning companions.

Each to their own, using doc is a complete no brainer, it's actually made the game quite easy.

I play a 40th level Gunslinger. No healer in site as of yet. So your not alone in that pain.

I also have a 42 gunslinger and a 43 guardian.

I didn't find much difference leveling with either of them, both don't have healing and both were very admerable.

there were hard times and easy times. and I don't know how this compares to someone with a healing tree, but They were both fun

as a JK gaurdian I think lvling was a little hard at lower levels because at least in the focus tree that burst is not quite up to par until you get points in that force stasis ability, but the only time i ever found that i had a problem was when i was undergeared... those were the only times that felt tough on both characters.

Both have been fun and not frustrating. well a couple times but not enough to make me mad about the class as a whole.

Idk what to say but if you dont enjoy it you may want to switch.

all i can say is, i had not much trouble and then i got doc and any problems i had were gone. switching between doc and kira is how i ususally roll.

and now that i have force exhaustion i super burst way more often.

Every since I hit 28, my Sentinel seem super squishy. It seems that every new planet is always harder to stay alive but this time it isn't letting up. All the fun has left the character. How can you have fun if you die too easy. This sucks big time since this is my favorite toon. I've played almost all and this is the hardest to level now. I hope they fix this.

For those who do not thing the Jedi knight has issues, go play a trooper/bounty hunter, smuggler/imperial agent, and/or a jedi conselor/sith inquisitor and then come back and make a post on how great the jedi knight is and how there are no problems.

And again. If you dont think the class has issues there was an official post about how they are looking into how to increase survival.

And for reference you can get your healer companion earlier than 38. you can get him around 34 is you run down the class quests on balmora.

JK's and SW's ARE underpowered. Based on my tanking experiences. My Vanguard (mostly shield spec) pretty much destroys everything, and with Elara, my health rarely gets down below 90% with normal missions. I had a level 34 Sentinel, but I rerolled as a guardian because I felt too squishy. On my Guardian (not sure on spec yet, only level 18), I STILL feel squishy, even with Soresu on, and my gear is superior to quest gear, I have moddable pants in one level and moddable boots in 3 more, so I should be fine, but I feel weak.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Level tank, thats all i have to say. Use kira till u get Doc. Once u have doc u can take 2-3 elites at the same time. I had no trouble at all lvling a tank guardian. IMO easiest out of all classes.

I also have

lvl 30 sage

lvl 30 assassin

45 sniper

24 scoundrel

34 marader

25 commando

out of all of them the JK tank was the easiest to lvl

Level tank

Pretty much the easy way out of a hard experience with Guardian.

Defense spec Guardian will make leveling to 50 easy. Quite easy in fact. You don't need all of that modded gear and can probably stick to all blue.

The problem, as subjective as it is, is that it's boring as all hell and it isn't even all that great once you get to Tier 5.

Focus and Vigilance are broken in survivability, which is something that even BW has stated themselves. There's nothing you can really do about it except go the extra mile and get really overleveled for the content.