Took away a big part of the game.

Trashyy

How many people actually hit 80 in 24 hrs? It took me about a week and i didnt even have a job then. I never played rift so cant comment about that.

So basically what you're saying is that if you don't get to play the game first or if you are not guaranteed to be the first to reach the level cap then you don't want to play the game. Ever.

No just I mean you get that rush feeling that at least keep up with the crowd feeling.

I have always liked to be either ahead of the game or with it at least so idk lesson learned I guess do my homework on the game see what there plans r.

I did not really read up on the preorder FAQ's however I wish I did I had assumed it would be a normal prerelease launch n all would be fine.

Edited by ssluigipk

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this were a game like FFXI I might agree with you but in this day and age when you can level to make in a couple weeks or less, depending on the game and the person, that sort of gameplay is just idiotic. Especially in SWTOR...the game is too story centric for power leveling...THAT ruins the game.

According to my math they have given just under 500,000 of all pre-orders EGA already. Approximately 100,000 were given EGA on day 1 and approximately 400,000 received EGA on day 2. This means just under half of all pre-orders have already been given EGA.

EGA - Day 1 Estimated Invite Total = 119,260

07/21/11 - 07/23/11 = 19,324

07/24/11 - 07/30/11 = 99,936

EGA - Day 2 Estimated Invite Total = 344,253

07/31/11 - 08/06/11 = 84,671

08/07/11 - 08/13/11 = 60,993

08/14/11 - 08/20/11 = 36,726

08/21/11 - 08/27/11 = 32,680

08/28/11 - 09/03/11 = 25,452

09/04/11 - 09/10/11 = 26,355

09/11/11 - 09/17/11 = 16,778

09/18/11 - 09/24/11 = 23,221

09/25/11 - 10/01/11 = 37,377

Given that the numbers are not exact I would put the estimate of current EGA players at 463,513. The fact that almost quadruple the amount of players from yesterday were given EGA today makes me almost positive that all pre-order customers will be in by Friday at the latest.

EGA - TBA (to be announced) = 475,845

10/02/11 - 10/08/11 = 54,709

10/09/11 - 10/15/11 = 30,283

10/16/11 - 10/22/11 = 57,573

10/23/11 - 10/29/11 = 48,732

10/30/11 - 11/05/11 = 43,779

11/06/11 - 11/12/11 = 54,543

11/13/11 - 11/19/11 = 72,708

11/20/11 - 11/26/11 = 74,916

11/27/11 - 12/03/11 = 15,734

12/04/11 - 12/10/11 = 22,868

/bow

If this were a game like FFXI I might agree with you but in this day and age when you can level to make in a couple weeks or less, depending on the game and the person, that sort of gameplay is just idiotic. Especially in SWTOR...the game is too story centric for power leveling...THAT ruins the game.

Your absolutly right, especially with all the voiceovers. It was just a bit of a dissapointment for me and alot of gamers to be sittin here watching how slowly they throw out the invites.

Half a million ppl are playing and im here sittin watchin netflix :(.

Edited by ssluigipk

I know people enjoy different aspects of MMO's and I can respect whatever style of play one may enjoy the most. Be it raiding, PVP, casual quest play etc.

Personally my favorite element of an MMO is leveling faster than other people. I was always competitive in each WOW xpac, and had the largest launch anticipation for TOR one can imagine.

Sadly this element has been taken away from me. To add insult to injury we have the 1% fanboys to call us all whiners about being excluded from the first. Now I got over it and am still patiently waiting to play.

The bigger problem for me now is that the server my Sith Reddit guild occupies is classified as "Super Heavy". At this rate me and my wife will be in on Friday and our chances of joining our friends is not good.

Now I am not here to complain but would like to point out many of us do feel very left out. It was nice of the devs to release an estimate today but the fact still remains. I really didn't want to do this but feel it is important to bring up the fact that I did meet Daniel Rattcliffe once and we are bros. Please pass this along to the correct authorities so I can start playing tonight.

Thank you for your time.

*raises eyebrow*

Your wife is a lucky woman.

Your absolutly right, especially with all the voiceovers. It was just a bit of a dissapointment for me and alot of gamers to be sittin here watching how slowly they throw out the invites.

Half a million ppl are playing and im here sittin watchin netflix :(.

Roughly half a million people playing before the advertised (UP to) 5 days early and you think they are throwing out invites slowly? Does anything make you happy other then getting exactly what you want when you want it?

lol am I suppose to be happy for everyone that got in that paid just as much as I did.

They just happen to steal out of there moms purses sooner :X

They knew from the get go this game was gonna be massive at least at first n the fact they excluded all these ppl for serveral days it doesnt take that long they could have done it sooner without crashes ect.

Edited by ssluigipk

Ah the -bag gamer syndrome.

Rushes to max level in a week

Complains there's no endgame before out of first free 30 days.

With this game at a casual rate I was pushing 30 by three days.

Started a new character and due to knowing where to go and what to do I was pushing 25 in two the next time. Trust me you'll like taking it slow better.

Shoulda pre ordered sooner d00d. There is not enough Harry Potter magic in the galaxy to get you in sooner. Good luck and have a nice day.

So I have come to learn lol, guess the crowd cant work over bioware as they do blizzard lol.

Edited by ssluigipk

I know people enjoy different aspects of MMO's and I can respect whatever style of play one may enjoy the most. Be it raiding, PVP, casual quest play etc.

Personally my favorite element of an MMO is leveling faster than other people. I was always competitive in each WOW xpac, and had the largest launch anticipation for TOR one can imagine.

Sadly this element has been taken away from me. To add insult to injury we have the 1% fanboys to call us all whiners about being excluded from the first. Now I got over it and am still patiently waiting to play.

The bigger problem for me now is that the server my Sith Reddit guild occupies is classified as "Super Heavy". At this rate me and my wife will be in on Friday and our chances of joining our friends is not good.

Now I am not here to complain but would like to point out many of us do feel very left out. It was nice of the devs to release an estimate today but the fact still remains. I really didn't want to do this but feel it is important to bring up the fact that I did meet Daniel Rattcliffe once and we are bros. Please pass this along to the correct authorities so I can start playing tonight.

Thank you for your time.

You could always hop on one of the new servers and do it there tomorrow. You won't be with your guild but hey they'll be up tomorrow.

Agree w/ OP

I'm not hardcore, and I don't intend to level the fastest, but it sucks playing a new game where a bunch of people are already max level.

Can we have some servers that just come out on the 20th?

Why would the fact that some people are max level influence your enjoyment, at all? Are you critically jealous of them or something?

Why would the fact that some people are max level influence your enjoyment, at all? Are you critically jealous of them or something?

Id say more along the lines of jelious they get to experience everything n do everything before you, wich is in fact my issue.

Edited by ssluigipk