Droid in my ship

SnyperKill

From a dev response about the ship droid from another thread (see below quote).

I believe they made the ship droid to be annoying on purpose.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you in response to your complaint about our product, the C2-N2 droid. We regret that you are experiencing difficulties with this award winning, state of the art household droid.

Sadly, we have to inform you, that the C2-N2 droid, and its Imperial counterpart, the 2V-R8 autonomous ship maintenance unit, are not rated for combat at this time.

Several regrettable incidents, including the loss of a full squad of SIS operatives (apparently triggered by a malfunctioning speech unit voicing its congratulations to the undercover team during a deep cover infiltration mission), have lead the Republic Technical Support Corps to revoke the combat certification from these units and forced us to replace the 'advanced weapon and martial training ROM' from the programming of the unit.

These facts have been clearly disclosed to customers at time of sale, as well as in the programmatic introductory conversation program voiced upon owner transfer.

For this reason, we cannot take responsibility for your problems.

We are however pleased to announce that future updates to the unit's artificial intelligence core will dramatically increase the efficiency of it's emergency medical protocol features - and add some other, more questionable features.

The C2 Droid Corporation is also pleased to announce that we have started investigations into a new line of droid casings and cores, aimed at improving the efficiency of the unit's assembly and construction features. No official release date for this line of top end equipment has been determined at this point.

We thank you for your interest in our product.

The Management

C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel!

Damn, people, just filter him out mentally. I even manage to do that in nightclubs when they play crappy Greek pop songs, so a little droid saying random stuff in my ship is no biggie :D

Though it would be a funny option to remove his vocabulator...

Edited by archifikoss

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sick in tired of hearing my droid kissing my *** whenever I get into my ship. Please take his freaking voice mod away.

This.

And while at it, silence all pets. They're only annoying. Specially Khem Val that seems to have so big clickbox I always accidentally click it and he starts that stupid gibberish.

I've come to the point I'm ready to lose big part of immersion and take my earphones off.

Damn, people, just filter him out mentally. I even manage to do that in nightclubs when they play crappy Greek pop songs, so a little droid saying random stuff in my ship is no biggie :D

this... I've dated my last Ex fora year and MAYBE actually heard what she said on a dozen short occasions... it's not all that hard to filter them out

selective hearing is awesome

Edited by Liquidacid

Add other ''questionable'' features = ROMANCE STORYLINE!

These "flirt" options are already stupid as they are.

I'm building an all dark sorceress and in Alderaan there was this douchebag that started flirting with my char.

I put him verbally down on every line, I'm a grim almighty Sith afterall and once the discussion was over my pet said something like "having romance there" or similar.

Stupid and not well done. It's like they predicted EVERYONE would start flirting because there is such possibility.

I would've liked after choosing to completely put him down options:

1. Teach him a lesson to start personal with superior being [sHOCK HIM]
  2. Give him a flirt of a lifetime [KILL HIM]

I would pay 15 bucks extra for an option to turn that morom off. It was somewhat nice, but after one char lvl50 and another lvl37 I simply want to put him to the escape pod he prepared to me and told me about it 1000 times and throw him into a space.

I would not mind if he was telling something important. Like Sir, we have arrived at Balmorra, I recommend you this and that. But no, we have to hear the same 4 speaches all the time.

lol @ OP

this post made a change from the sea of pointless moaney threads because

this gripe i actually agree with.

I tend to swear loudly when i enter my ship for as long as the droid speaks.

Its got to the point where my friends on skype know when im boarding

my ship because of my loud extended sweary outbursts.

Either that or they think ive got tourettes and dont want to offend me by mentioning it

Edited by Alpha-Llama

lol @ OP

this post made a change from the sea of pointless moaney threads because

this gripe i actually agree with.

I tend to swear loudly when i enter my ship for as long as the droid speaks.

Its got to the point where my friends on skype know when im boarding

my ship because of my loud extended sweary outbursts.

Either that or they think ive got tourettes and dont want to offend me by mentioning it

Do not open if easily offended.

The **** you got? Tourettes?

If someone asks you that I probably know you. ;)

Edited by Sir_Roderick

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sick in tired of hearing my droid kissing my *** whenever I get into my ship. Please take his freaking voice mod away.

To all you people complaining about the ship droid.

They made it on purpose!

C3PO was extremely annoying as well. Annoying droids are a kind of a Star Wars trademark.