Skill tree ability "malice" affect dot's?

Ihazcrayon

Give me a minute I am getting some ink so I can write the answer once more all over you, because otherwise you don't seem to understand.

Rupture is a force attack, at least the important part that you care about.

You hit him with rupture the first thing is white, everything afterwards is yellow, which answers all your questions. There is nothing mislabelled.

Malice affects the rupture dot and also the deadly saber dot.

Source? Because in-game rupture is listed as a melee attack that deals an initial hit of unspecified damage (probably kinetic) and an additional dot over 6 seconds of internal damage.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/E-Licious/Screenshot_2012-01-27_08_35_06_421000.jpg

Malice states that it increases the crit chance of your force attacks. Nowhere does it state that it affects melee attacks that deal internal damage.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/E-Licious/Screenshot_2012-01-27_08_54_15_897000.jpg

Now could it? Sure, but nothing in the game would imply that it does, which is the source of the confusion. If you just read the game tips you would believe that malice does not affect rupture since rupture does not mention force attacks anywhere in it's description, and it actually lists itself as a melee attack.

And just because it deals internal damage doesn't imply that it's a force attack. Damage type (kinetic, energy, internal, elemental) are independant of attack type (melee, ranged, force, tech). Force choke and smash are force attacks, yet they deal kinetic damage.

Edited by elicious

You don't have Phantom? hahahahaha omg you are such a troll.

no good player would ever take something that makes you immune to damage when you cannot be targeted and cannot attack without breaking the stealth. However not many good players are out there.

no good player would ever take something that makes you immune to damage when you cannot be targeted and cannot attack without breaking the stealth. However not many good players are out there.

You are amusing.

Its very useful in huttball, given the number of environmental dangers. Only useful in huttball, but given the playtime that sees...

Edited by Sayc

It works very well in huttball. You can stealth through fire pits without wasting undying rage and half your health, but its very situational.

Also great whenever you have any sort of dot, PVE or PVP. Also helpful when you have aggro that even camo can't get rid of.

Source? Because in-game rupture is listed as a melee attack that deals an initial hit of unspecified damage (probably kinetic) and an additional dot over 6 seconds of internal damage.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/E-Licious/Screenshot_2012-01-27_08_35_06_421000.jpg

Malice states that it increases the crit chance of your force attacks. Nowhere does it state that it affects melee attacks that deal internal damage.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/E-Licious/Screenshot_2012-01-27_08_54_15_897000.jpg

Now could it? Sure, but nothing in the game would imply that it does, which is the source of the confusion. If you just read the game tips you would believe that malice does not affect rupture since rupture does not mention force attacks anywhere in it's description, and it actually lists itself as a melee attack.

And just because it deals internal damage doesn't imply that it's a force attack. Damage type (kinetic, energy, internal, elemental) are independant of attack type (melee, ranged, force, tech). Force choke and smash are force attacks, yet they deal kinetic damage.

i forgot to reply to this one. simple check, as before. check your rupture tooltip with no stim up, then pop a willpower stim, and check your rupture tooltip with the stim up.

The marauder guide by kiba at the top of the marauder fourms says that the dot from rupture is a force attack, pretty good guide no reason for him to lie bout that.

Edited by Obik

rupture is labeled as a melee attack, the dots are force. so that means the initial damage it does is Melee, and the dots it does are subject to the crit increase from Malice.

This, as far as we know.

It isn't a full Vanish in PvE therefore acts as another defensive cool-down. On top of that it gives you a bit of lee-way time if you have DoTs up for your getaway in PvP.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

owait..

This, as far as we know.

It isn't a full Vanish in PvE therefore acts as another defensive cool-down. On top of that it gives you a bit of lee-way time if you have DoTs up for your getaway in PvP.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

owait..

in PvP its semi useful, in PvE its wasting DPS talent points

not to mention you cannot cammo with the ball so running though fire with no purpose other then to do it is dumb.

Edited by Hizoka

You guys are joking right?

It is top notch in PvE and PvP to have 100% dmg reduce. In PvP it will allow you to dodge pbaoe damage (smash as an a big example).

Walking through the fire has numerous reasons especially chasing the ball carrier without giving up your charge which will likely be very very needed the second the ballcarrier tries to get over the second pit, hence you need something for the first. Dodge anincoming execute of another marauder with it, because it will still hit but if vanish is up for 0 dmg...

Also when you get kicked into fire/acid you gonna tank that or just press vanish and take a single tick of it?

In PvE there are enough encounters where this will allow you to either stand on the mob longer without the need to move in and out (gharj as an example) or can nullify other dmg (gravity @ kargass endboss)

It just speaks about your skill level when you don't see how you can take advantage of damage immunity...

I feel almost sorry for you guys.

The hatefulness of posts on these forums is astonishing. Although I suppose I've taken part in it just as much as the people in this thread.

(gharj as an example)

I haven't run Karaggas before. Outside of karagga's, this is pretty much the only example I know of. Got any others?

Edited by Sayc

the marauder guide by kiba at the top of the marauder fourms says that the dot from rupture is a force attack, pretty good guide no reason for him to lie bout that.

Or maybe I'm just trying to lead everyone astray.

dun dun dunnnnn

Edited by Kibaken

Benefits of phantom

Gharj stomp

Anni droid missle barrage

Soa lighting ball popping.

Karrages palace:

Ignore rancor AOE dmg of any kind (cleave stomp etc)

Twins ignore AOE damage on pull in for center phase.

Fabricator droid ignore damage from sticky grenade

Karagga himself if you cant find a benefit there im sorry for you.

Benefits of phantom

Gharj stomp

Anni droid missle barrage

Soa lighting ball popping.

Karrages palace:

Ignore rancor AOE dmg of any kind (cleave stomp etc)

Twins ignore AOE damage on pull in for center phase.

Fabricator droid ignore damage from sticky grenade

Karagga himself if you cant find a benefit there im sorry for you.

That list is correct and Karagga is kinda obvious too :)

Anni droid missile barrage is what I would call those little tiny missiles though where you can obfuscate through the phase, but what you mean is the big one - I assume.

Or in other words go ahead and waste those two points on something for "dps" which I am not even sure where you would put it :D

in PvP its semi useful, in PvE its wasting DPS talent points

not to mention you cannot cammo with the ball so running though fire with no purpose other then to do it is dumb.

You are scum of the earth.

"I'm amazing and everyone else needs to L2P!!!!! NOOOBS!!!!"

That's all you do. Go play another class so we don't have to deal with your insolence.

You are scum of the earth.

"I'm amazing and everyone else needs to L2P!!!!! NOOOBS!!!!"

That's all you do. Go play another class so we don't have to deal with your insolence.

Quite a dramaqueen, huh? Just point out why he is wrong and move along, especially given your point you made.

The players that seek knowledge will quickly find it here anyway, we have high skilled patrols roaming this forum aswell :)